06-02-09 06:03 PM
33 12
tools
    yes but you can change the function of that icon and also the green physical button to bring up the call log. So you would have the same functionality then.
    06-02-09 02:07 PM
    yes but you can change the function of that icon and also the green physical button to bring up the call log. So you would have the same functionality then.
    you can't. it isn't even in the convenience key menu anymore. you have to hit the phone icon or the "send" key and then go to call logs...
    06-02-09 02:16 PM
    hmm, mine is set to go directly to call log when i press either of the 2 buttons...
    06-02-09 02:58 PM
    yeah, under the within phone>options you can select where the default "home" is when you open the phone app, like a home screen to a browser. mine is set to "last" so where ever i was before i go back there...
    06-02-09 02:59 PM
    I don't know why people got so hyped up about this upgrade. It's just a software upgrade. It's not as if they sent you a new phone with new hardware. Not any different if you got an OS upgrade on your pc. Yes, the OS upgrade may make your pc a little better, but you still are running it on your current hardware, and it has limitations, no matter what you do with the OS.
    06-02-09 05:15 PM
    umm....so windows 7 isnt any better than windows 98?
    06-02-09 05:23 PM
    umm....so windows 7 isnt any better than windows 98?
    I'm not saying this upgrade didn't improve the capabilities of the Storm, it's just limited by the hardware design. Same with Windows 7. If your processor is slow, memory not that great, etc, then windows 7 will not be as good as if you put it on new hardware with a faster processor, more memory, etc. You are still limited by the hardware you have. The same OS upgrade for the Storm may work a lot better on the Storm 2, if there are improvements to the hardware. Windows 7 on my 3 year old pc, will not operate as well as if it were on a more powerful pc. Of course I hate Windows, and thus why I now have a macbook, but that discussion can be found on any Apple forum.
    Last edited by wxman2003; 06-02-09 at 06:03 PM.
    06-02-09 05:59 PM
    I agree with hardware being a limiting factor, but i dont see the storm hardware being limited. IMO its a very solid device and alot of potential. I think the software will always be the limiting factor unless the OS is completely rewritten and centered around the device
    06-02-09 06:03 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD