View Poll Results: Are we Storm owners cult like?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I think we Storm owners are cult like

23 65.71%
  • No I don't think we Storm owners are cult like

12 34.29%
    My experience; when ever I meet or run accross a fellow Storm owner.
    Oh lets see what u got running on it.
    I show them my apps.
    Pic Dial
    Quick Launch
    Coin Toss

Ohh ahhh cool.
    I was in VZW store
    today exchanging something. Not my Storm.
    The mgr showed me his Storm
    running .113 or maybe 122.....
    Wow; I have yet to upgrade mine I am
    still at .75.
    Heck I was at the health food store and the guy
    at the check out noticed my Storm.
    Hey we started shoing each other stuff.
    Also most Storm owners that I have met
    hang here at CB; including VZW reps which has been mentioned
    before.
    So what say u?
    Are we cult like?
    Hey share your experiences....................
    04-19-09 01:19 AM
    can we all wear matching robes?
    04-19-09 11:58 PM
    hahaha yeah i think we should..we all hate ppl with iphones..all we do is talk bout how cool our phones are lol
    04-20-09 02:09 AM
    Most definitely lol!,
    I never really cared about a phone before the storm, as long as it worked for text and calls, I was quite happy. Look how far i've come now lol, putting leaked software on it, and out 'nerding' my IT guy at work!
    (I got the storm before him, and went to leaked software before him )
    04-20-09 02:43 AM
    How soon before the Storm Cult start's drinkin' the Kool-Aid....?
    04-20-09 07:52 AM
    Yeah see I knew it we got it bad.........................
    Of course robes and a must to snub iphone owners.
    Ye drank the koolaid as soon as ye signed on..........
    04-20-09 09:46 AM
    My experiance with Storm owners is very eye opening. I have run into many who are heavy users, former smartphone users, and have great deal of knowledge about the device. On the other hand, I have seen a greater number of owners that have no clue about the device and it's functions. I see that these people just wanted something for attention and just wasted a bunch of money for they have no business with a smart phone.
    04-20-09 09:58 AM
    How soon before the Storm Cult start's drinkin' the Kool-Aid....?
    ...I love KOOL AID. Especially the Grape flavor.

But I will wear my robe each time I log on

Oh I have an idea, Kevin should have robes designed. Say orange, and we can get them after a specific post count. Wow that would be cool.
    04-20-09 03:53 PM
    Ok so those of us who have calmed down and or not overly pi$$ed because we didn't get our OS upgrade. Let us put on our dark hooded robes drink the BB Storm
    extra strength Kool Aid and be happy
    05-13-09 09:40 AM
    I was getting hit on at the damn bank! (of all places) by the teller when I took out the storm to txt a reply... she wanted to see it, so i let her reply to the text to try it out.

She said she loved the click and didn't get why she kept hearing it was slow

Good times. with all the ipod (i hesitate to call it a phone ) users out there, having a storm gets a lot of attention, it would seem...
    05-13-09 01:11 PM
    It is a sweet looking phone................
    05-13-09 01:56 PM
    I think you all wear light blue cheerleading outfits with the word Storm stenciled on the chest complimented with white pom poms : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 02:39 PM
    Hahahaha, CK!

05-13-09 02:41 PM
    I was getting hit on at the damn bank! (of all places) by the teller when I took out the storm to txt a reply... she wanted to see it, so i let her reply to the text to try it out.

She said she loved the click and didn't get why she kept hearing it was slow

Good times. with all the ipod (i hesitate to call it a phone ) users out there, having a storm gets a lot of attention, it would seem...
    Yeah, the iPhone has lost its "public shine", if you will. It's kind of become a society norm now. The Storm and G1 are the new curiosities on the block.
    05-13-09 02:45 PM
    I don't think its just Storm users, I think all Blackberry users are cult like! I have had so many different blackberrys and I just like to see other people getting the same enjoyment out of a phone as I do. I am logging close to 24 hours this week of usage, thank you "I Love Blackberry" app now I can see how bad the addiction is!
    05-13-09 02:49 PM
    I think you all wear light blue cheerleading outfits with the word Storm stenciled on the chest complimented with white pom poms : )

Sheesh u make us sound like panzies.
    Wait I know how about pink for the Storm basher trolls.........
    05-13-09 02:54 PM

You must be the outsider looking in from the outside wanting to be part of the club but lack the fortitude to make the jump as you're stuck like the kid on "A Christmas Story" stuck by his tongue on the flagpole- but rather your stuck by your tongue onto Jobs' berries.

05-13-09 02:55 PM
    You must be the outsider looking in from the outside wanting to be part of the club but lack the fortitude to make the jump as you're stuck like the kid on "A Christmas Story" stuck by his tongue on the flagpole- but rather your stuck by your tongue onto Jobs' berries.

Nah he aint an iphone fanboi.
    Smarmy yes; seedy, for sure.
    But an iphone fanboi.
    Nope...................................
    He has way to much class for that
    05-13-09 03:04 PM
    I'm a fanboy of Trendy : )

He's lighthearted and not so damnn serious. You can insult his choice in phones and he will laugh right along with you. He has fun up in here.

That makes Trendy and outsider. He's really not part of the club in reality but we will let him believe he is lol.
    05-13-09 06:42 PM
    I'm a fanboy of Trendy : )

He's lighthearted and not so damnn serious. You can insult his choice in phones and he will laugh right along with you. He has fun up in here.

That makes Trendy and outsider. He's really not part of the club in reality but we will let him believe he is lol.
    I made the grade. Ok now off to hustle some lil ole grandma out of her ssi check............
    I'll make u proud...............
    05-13-09 07:06 PM
    I made the grade. Ok now off to hustle some lil ole grandma out of her ssi check............
    I'll make u proud...............
    Good luck with that. I just got busted for selling them "time shares" in Tahiti.
    05-13-09 07:23 PM
    Good luck with that. I just got busted for selling them "time shares" in Tahiti.
    Nah I'll play it safe at the retirement communities. Huntin down the ole ladies
    who take out their dentures......
    Gotta enjoy the line of work u choose.....
    05-13-09 07:29 PM
    I LOVE it when I get asked about the Storm! Most people ask if it really is as bad as they have heard, and I'm able to confirm it is a POS. If the person is interested in trying it, I will let them tinker and try and compose a msg. or surf. When I notice their frustration level rise, I whip out the iPhone and let them try it.

I have YET to have anyone prefer the Storm over the iPhone. Most people just laugh when they get to compare the two devices. To be fair, my sample set is probably around 15-20 individuals, and I do let people know that AT&T sux the big Juan.

So cult like Trendy? Dunno, I've never had a Storm or an iPhone owner directly address me. Only those that had neither device and are curious...
    Last edited by Oilbrnr; 05-13-09 at 07:43 PM.
    05-13-09 07:39 PM
    Sooo.. You're officially the unofficial spokesperson for iPhones... LAAAAME! LOL. You must get a self gratifying feeling inside that you steered a potentially unhappy Storm user into the right direction w/ Apple. Now all the world is safe in the cell phone industry w/ Captain save a phone to the rescue. I'll be on the look out for the masked caper w/ a cape and wearing BVDs on the outside of his jeans. LOL!

05-14-09 01:55 AM
    I LOVE it when I get asked about the Storm! Most people ask if it really is as bad as they have heard, and I'm able to confirm it is a POS. If the person is interested in trying it, I will let them tinker and try and compose a msg. or surf. When I notice their frustration level rise, I whip out the iPhone and let them try it.

I have YET to have anyone prefer the Storm over the iPhone. Most people just laugh when they get to compare the two devices. To be fair, my sample set is probably around 15-20 individuals, and I do let people know that AT&T sux the big Juan.

So cult like Trendy? Dunno, I've never had a Storm or an iPhone owner directly address me. Only those that had neither device and are curious...
    U have to admit tech/gadget freaks are a bit more over the top than the average user.......
    The iphone may be nice but it is soooooooooo gen x. Now what I would I look like sportin an iphone the pre geezer that I am. I'm tellin ya a geezer sportin an iphone just doesn't look right. Kinda like Hugh Heffner sportin those Playboy bunnies........
    Or a granny sportin a mid drift with daisy dukes.....
    Wait how about a 65/70 yr old with the pants pulled way over his waist
    and an iphone clipped to his belt; sittin in the front.

It's more important to look good...........than to feel good
    05-14-09 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD