Well we all asked for it and man did we get it. Seems no one is really testing OS for 9530 since VZW dropped .328. So our leaks have dried up and we have to watch the 9700 forums get all the fun.

Guess they say be careful what you wish for, for a reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 07:33 PM
    lol one way to look at it. I agree i would rather have VZW hold off until now to release for the storm 1 cause that would mean builds in the 4xx range
    12-12-09 07:39 PM
    Builds? I think they've just stopped developing for the 9530.

We really got screwed with this phone...going to check out Android when my contract expires.
    12-12-09 07:44 PM

We really got screwed with this phone...going to check out Android when my contract expires.
    whatever there is for the Storm 2 there is a storm 1 version, look at the 9500 also.
    12-12-09 07:48 PM
    I still love the phone and am thrilled with ..328 and some hybrid love. But I would love to see something in .4xx's.

Android looks nice, but I am stuck on BB as my work does not support active sync.

12-12-09 07:50 PM
    The builds are out there...there are other CDMA carriers who still haven't released an official 5.0. Maybe that carrier in Mexico will come through and save us again!
    12-12-09 08:00 PM
    The builds are out there...there are other CDMA carriers who still haven't released an official 5.0. Maybe that carrier in Mexico will come through and save us again!
    Amen. Lord knows I am NOT putting any 5.0 OS back on my phone until they get things straightened out. I went back to 167 (which is the official Mexican OS release) and am going to stay there until something better comes along.

You can say what you want about 328, but it is in no way better than 167.

I will continue waiting.

And waiting....
    12-12-09 08:49 PM
    Amen. Lord knows I am NOT putting any 5.0 OS back on my phone until they get things straightened out. I went back to 167 (which is the official Mexican OS release) and am going to stay there until something better comes along.

You can say what you want about 328, but it is in no way better than 167.

I will continue waiting.

And waiting....
    so 230, 323, 327 or 328...you dont think any of them are better than 167....you are blind my friend!
    12-12-09 08:52 PM
    so 230, 323, 327 or 328...you dont think any of them are better than 167....you are blind my friend!
    Agreed. Glad you said it nicer than i was . LOL.
    12-12-09 09:28 PM
    Agreed....

12-13-09 03:05 AM
    Of course you guys agree.
    That's because you are willing to live with compromises. I'm not. I don't have time for them.

Example - "This OS works perfectly. I can live with the black bars on the side of landscape mode."
    Or how about, "This OS works perfectly, I can live without the camera. Hopefully they'll fix it in the next leak."
    Or, "The screen dimming issue is annoying, but I can live with that."
    My personal favorite that I've read on this forum at least a hundred times; "This OS works perfectly, as long as you remember to pull the battery everyday."

More??
    Ok. How about, "Wow, the audio is really distorted in this build. I suppose I can live with that since now I have flick scrolling. Whohoo!!"
    And, "Wow, SMS is really laggy. I guess I can live with that since we have threaded messaging now."

"What happened to Bluetooth?? My phone is having tons of issues after this build. Oh well, I really don't need Bluetooth that much. I'll for the next leak for them to fix it."

Oh, I know, I know... It is all "user error".
    Whatever.

I'm not a compromise kind of guy. Everything should just work. Period.

I should not have to do little tricks here and there to get voice dialing to work or keep the screen from dimming. No, I paid over $400 for this phone. It is not unreasonable for me to expect it to work on every level, without compromises.

I know, I know, your phones work perfectly and you've had no issues at all.
    Right.

I know, howarmat, people that are actually having problems with their phones are a small minority - I've heard you say it before.

I disagree.
    Check out this thread (Post #11). It sums things up quite well.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/te...ailable-383115
    Last edited by Ayrow; 12-13-09 at 04:24 AM.
    12-13-09 04:21 AM
    My phone runs 100% flawlessly on the 328/4xx Lyricidal hybrid. I'm a nocompromises guy too. Maybe I'm just luckier?

12-13-09 04:50 AM
    That's because you are willing to live with compromises. I'm not. I don't have time for them.

Example - "This OS works perfectly. I can live with the black bars on the side of landscape mode."
    Or how about, "This OS works perfectly, I can live without the camera. Hopefully they'll fix it in the next leak."

My personal favorite that I've read on this forum at least a hundred times; "This OS works perfectly, as long as you remember to pull the battery everyday."

More??
    Ok. How about, "Wow, the audio is really distorted in this build. I suppose I can live with that since now I have flick scrolling. Whohoo!!"
    And, "Wow, SMS is really laggy. I guess I can live with that since we have threaded messaging now."

"What happened to Bluetooth?? My phone is having tons of issues after this build. Oh well, I really don't need Bluetooth that much. I'll for the next leak for them to fix it."

Whatever.

I should not have to do little tricks here and there to get voice dialing to work or keep the screen from dimming. No, I paid over $400 for this phone. It is not unreasonable for me to expect it to work on every level, without compromises.

Right.

I know, howarmat, people that are actually having problems with their phones are a small minority - I've heard you say it before.

I disagree.

you dont do any research do you....

the white bar problem was only with incompatible themes. They were built on 4.7 theme builder. OS 5 theme builder has been released and now that problem goes away once the developer exports the theme again. The default theme worked fine all along. So your point is invalid.

The only time the camera wasnt operational was on 1 build (191) and it was a leak. again you point holds no validity what so ever really.

Now i dont reboot every day but i know many people have to and wont deny memory is a problem if you let it become one.

I dont have the dimming issue since i turn 'auto dim' on and set brightness to 70 but many people complain like mad about the problem.

The audio doesnt distort if you turn it down 2 notches, its back to normal volume then for most things.

And finally...you paid $400, that is your fault. I paid $50. If i was going to spend $400 i would have done my homework alot more carefully. It would have been easy to see what you were jumping into if you did.
    12-13-09 04:53 AM
    Boom goes the dynamite..LOL
    12-13-09 01:33 PM
    I think you are all naive if you think no one is testing .4xx builds for th 9530.
    12-13-09 02:51 PM
    I stayed away from all of the 5.0 builds because 167 worked pretty well, and something major seemed to be broken in each of the 5.0 "leaks". However, 328 has been as fast and stable as 167, has no major problems on my phone, and adds additional function. Your post makes no sense. If someone doesn't think 328 is better than 167, they would simply move back to 167. It's easy enough to do.

I would not stay with 328 if it had battery, memory, or laggy SMS problems - it does not. I would DEFINITELY not stay with 328 if I had bluetooth problems - it does not (I did have to delete my pairs and re-pair before it worked correctly however, but no big deal. I WAS worried when I first tried it). Of course I would not be using it if the camera didn't work - it does. I really don't know if people have theme issues on 328, I don't use themes.

Please tell me what compromise I am suffering on 328?

You post a lot of examples of complaints about pre-328 OS's, and ignore the fact that many people had complaints about 167 as well. There will ALWAYS be people complaining about some problems on EVERY release - including the one you seem to think is perfect. Could be configuration, could be their specific hardware, could be a lot of things. I've seen complaints about bluetooth on 328, some of which would probably be solved if they deleted their pairs and re-paired to their devices - that helped a lot of people. In EVERY release you will see a bunch of posts about rock-solid memory, and a similar number of posts about "massive memory leaks" - on the SAME OS. Go figure.. I have seen numerous releases where people start complaining about battery life, however, in my experience, the OS version never made nearly as much difference as actual environmental conditions (like being in a low reception area and the phone trying repeatedly to update weather info). My battery life remained pretty much the same through probably 6 or 7 versions - released and/or leaked.

All I'm saying is, you are talking out of your *** if you think you know what "compromises" I am making.
    Last edited by jhimmel; 12-13-09 at 03:44 PM.
    12-13-09 03:30 PM
    I think you are all naive if you think no one is testing .4xx builds for th 9530.
    Of course they are.
    12-13-09 03:46 PM
    i know, i cant believe no one has bribed any of the testers yet either! they cant make that much that a bribe of a couple $$ doesnt look good
    12-13-09 04:10 PM
    I definitely think someone is testing. Just not enough folks and not seriously enough the we see leaks like we did before. Even the s2 is not seeing leaks.

To the point about .167 being better, to each their own, but I feel there are issues on 4.7 builds same as 5. Just seems like 5 was making major leaps of progress. Yes, Civic there are still some ridiculous bugs, but all in all each 5 build was much better the previous one.

I just hope some one drops a .44x for our 9530.

Viva la Mexico!

12-13-09 06:07 PM
    Well there are so many hybrids around for the 9530, and they are pretty bug free. Sure one or two apparent compromises, but none that I really encounter in my day-to-day use. Bluetooth works just perfect. Voice recognition words just perfect. All my 3rd party apps work just perfect. Nothing really wrong with the device at all.
    12-13-09 06:19 PM

More??

Whatever.

Right.

I disagree.

Ayrow, I agree with everything you say but it will have no bearing on most of the people who populate this forum. You are wasting effort here. Still, my favorite forum excuse for this phone is "it's a great phone if you're running leak....." Though blaming the user and/or saying it's their fault because they have not instituted a known "workaround" is up at the top of the absurd posts.

I am using 5.0 and I'm pretty disgusted, but I had problems with every release so it's nothing new. It's not that "I can live with the bugs", it that I have to, till my contract ends. I'm just to uninterested to spend any more effort on this POS. This is my first and last Blackberry.
    12-14-09 07:44 AM
    Ayrow, I agree with everything you say but it will have no bearing on most of the people who populate this forum. You are wasting effort here. Still, my favorite forum excuse for this phone is "it's a great phone if you're running leak....." Though blaming the user and/or saying it's their fault because they have not instituted a known "workaround" is up at the top of the absurd posts.

I am using 5.0 and I'm pretty disgusted, but I had problems with every release so it's nothing new. It's not that "I can live with the bugs", it that I have to, till my contract ends. I'm just to uninterested to spend any more effort on this POS. This is my first and last Blackberry.
    +1
    its astonishing at how truly bad these phones have been. Im running the 402 for my 9500 and this is the first time (even from the official one on my phone) that my phone has actually worked with any media transfer, and worked in the way I expected at all. Its taken me about 5months to get to the point where the phone works as I expected it would do from the start, and I am now quite happy with it. The journey getting here though has been a pain in the ***, and having to rip my phone apart in public because of random crashes is absurd!

What disappoints me the most is how most people on CB are total BB zealots and seem to think that each and every user that has a problem is a total moron and that RIM have made the greatest thing known to man.
    12-14-09 08:07 AM

same thing I was thinking...switching to different carrier in about a week when contract runs
    12-14-09 08:16 AM
    ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

builds haven't stopped. just because you can't see something doesn't mean it isn't there.

if you're having trouble with your phone, sure you might have a hardware defect, but chances are something got corrupted during an OS upgrade or you just botched it. I have none of the problems listed, as do many other users who frequent these forums. There is a reason for that, because while they are problems, they can EASILY be fixed with a little reading and direction.

Sure you don't have to listen and you can stay ignorant and pissed off because your phone doesn't work as you expect it to, but that doesn't fix your phone. And unless you're really persuasive, it won't get you a new one from VZW or any other carrier any faster.

Your choice, I don't care either way, but don't blame RIM for problems that can be fixed or possibly even avoided with a little common sense.
    12-14-09 10:42 AM
    Another thread contributing to the evidence that "Smart" phones are indeed smarter than many whiners who attempt to use them.

If the shoe fits, get an iPhony ... a couple of nice free fart apps should get you smiling again.
    12-14-09 10:50 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD