With people making every kind of Hybrids it is clear to me that Storm users -some- have a whole lot of knowledge. But which things coming from the code would you request to be changed?
    I will start with 2:
    1- Customizable keyboard. Someone mentioned it back in the time. Going to symbol everytime you want to put an interrogation? Having upper case keys in the main keyboard? C'mon!
    2-If GPS USES BATTERY -and so it seems- I don't want to have I always on. But going to options-advanced-GPS is a pain. I suggest to put it under connections as the bluetooth is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 04:38 PM
    that GPS sounds like a good idea

i'd like a more unique standard UI

themes are cool, but they memory leak like a beaver dam.
    04-12-09 04:48 PM
    I would like a 'lock portrait mode' option.
    04-12-09 04:52 PM
    You can shut off the GPS.
    04-12-09 04:56 PM
    i would like to see
    more that 2.9MB of email downloads
    more editing features with the camera, like a cropping feature
    fix the memory leaks
    04-12-09 04:58 PM
    You can shut off the GPS.
    The point is to turn it on whenever you need it w/o going through the whole menu...

04-12-09 04:59 PM
    The GPS Idea is something I support! , also the camera options and something small likebeing able to mute the camera when you take a pic
    04-12-09 05:29 PM
    How about an OS that stores apps and allows them to run from the 1GB hard memory rather than the antiquated 128MB flash ROM?
    04-12-09 05:35 PM
    I want a lock portrait option as well.

I wouldn't mind a more improved user interface, but it isn't that big a deal if RIM starts making use of the Graphics Acceleration built into the Storm.

I would like the ability to perform searches inside e-mails and messages and not just the subject lines.
    04-12-09 05:42 PM
    I would love a better browser (like safari or whatever chrome derivative Android uses). The incomplete javascript support hurts, as does the slow performance. I'd also like to see acceleration and miltitouch gestures intergrated throughout. Hopefully the pre will stop Apples saber rattling.

04-12-09 07:34 PM
    1). I would like the ability to send files, documents or programs via bluetooth from the options menu, regardless of the file that option does not seem to be supported on the Blackberry Storm. I used to be able to do that with my Treo.
    2). Also how about the ability to save programs to the media card, what good is having all that memory and can't save apps to it. That is so yesterday phones from 3-4 years ago were doing that.
    04-12-09 09:49 PM
    I use the Precision Zen theme, but I would like to use Zain Malik's Black Glass theme's icons - they are the best, especially their haunting glow, elegance, and simplicity. Unfortunately, he is out of time and money to keep cutting and polishing his theme. So, as a compromise, I would like to see (1) ability to mark individual icons as 'none' - no picture icon, but user changeable title; (2) zero rows as a selection for the Home Screen; (3) ability to define new folders with NAMES, but again, a 'none' option to mean NO ICON PICTURE.

In my view the key problem all the themes I have looked at: what to do with third party app's dorky looking icons and lame looking user defined folders.

Doctor Neutron
    04-12-09 09:56 PM
    I also want keyboard customization. Like adjusting how big the keyboard can get.

Pop up messages. ( shouldn't need an app for this it should be an option)

Easier way to look for contacts.
    Browser shortcuts by doing touch gestures.

Split messages over 160 chars not just making us stop.

And that's it. For the top of my head.

04-12-09 09:59 PM
    Every Storm I have had(that would be 4!), have had intermittant reception. When I am in my house, my signal strength will go from 4 to 5 bars to zero. When this happens, the person I am talking to will be impossible to hear. Can this be fixed in the software?
    04-12-09 10:03 PM
    I use the Precision Zen theme, but I would like to use Zain Malik's Black Glass theme's icons - they are the best, especially their haunting glow, elegance, and simplicity. Unfortunately, he is out of time and money to keep cutting and polishing his theme. So, as a compromise, I would like to see (1) ability to mark individual icons as 'none' - no picture icon, but user changeable title; (2) zero rows as a selection for the Home Screen; (3) ability to define new folders with NAMES, but again, a 'none' option to mean NO ICON PICTURE.

In my view the key problem all the themes I have looked at: what to do with third party app's dorky looking icons and lame looking user defined folders.

Doctor Neutron
    black glass one is too boring, no pun intended!!
    04-12-09 10:11 PM
    I would like to change the back ground image for portrait and landscape menu. This can be done in themes I know but I have images I would like for each screen.

I would like to see the options area changed to look like the other screens, more as apps that you select. Not such a long list of words. Long list of words as a UI is DOSish. Icons and imagery fer meh!

04-12-09 10:27 PM
    The two main things I would like are:

1. Tab browsing
    2. More then 160 character sms
    04-12-09 11:02 PM
    It would be nice to be able to change the camera settings without going into the options menu. For example, where it displays the flash setting, have that be a clickable button which brings up the option to make the flash auto, on or off.
    Also I think the alarm should have at least three time settings, rather than a single one.
    04-13-09 02:24 AM
    I would like the ability to watch video's in more then one rotation... having the hard buttons on the right side during video playback can cause you to hit them by mistake.. the music player rotates.. why not the video?

and I want Wi-Fi.... no real need.. Just cause I want to see my cool router name on my screen... "my big Pipe"
    04-13-09 02:28 AM
    User mappable keyboard for when you "hover" over a key.

let me put what I want where I want it
    04-13-09 01:33 PM
    How about an OS that stores apps and allows them to run from the 1GB hard memory rather than the antiquated 128MB flash ROM?
    ditto! ditto! ditto! ditto! ditto!

And a way to easilty turn on/off flash in camera!

Repeating alarm ability like we have on the other blackberries.

Thanks for asking. Hopefully someone at RIM with any kind of power reads this.
    04-13-09 04:29 PM
    I second all the opinons!
    04-13-09 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD