Dang this game is hard!! You guys who have gotten these insane scores, can you give me pointers on the game?!
    04-26-09 07:47 PM
    Well with that theory it's not smart to be self employed. I've been coding websites, programs and apps for 5 years now and haven't had to wake up at 8am to go to work. While the pay is sporadic some months it's usually constant. Not to mention that on the good months I make 4 times what my buddies make with a normal 9-5. All this money isn't made by BB apps though.

I'm not sure about everyone, but I play the same handful of games over and over again daily. So maybe you lose interest in games after a week, that's not the developers fault. They shouldn't have to lower their price because you only want to use it for a week. I liked my car a lot more when I first bought it, but I can't demand the car company lower their price.

With that being said I will admit some apps are overpriced. Some developers need to step back and look at what their app offers and see if it's worth what they are charging. This flight control app isn't one of those though.
    I�m not saying self employment is a bad thing, I had an uncle who started his own company and fifteen years later sold it for 30mil. I was saying using blackberry apps as a primary source of income is a little silly, as the majority of blackberry users are hardcore business types. You can defiantly make a living with web design. I just don�t think the same could be said about bb apps if it was what you dedicated the majority of your time too.

You misinterpreted what I was saying about games. I have 18 credit hours a week in classes. I devote 5-8 hours a day to homework and studying. My free time goes to hanging out with friends, and yes a lot of times that involves video games. Given the choice would you rather play a PC/console game or a storm game? Cellphone games are used primarily to pass time in waiting rooms. As such I don�t think there is much justification in dropping $5 dollars every week an interesting game comes out. If it were a very in depth 3d fps or racing game like on the iPhone I might be willing to drop $5, but most of the BB games seem to be way overpriced for what you get.
    04-26-09 07:52 PM
    Mobigloo, or anyone, if there is an update, how will I be notified, or will I?
    04-26-09 07:54 PM
    Yes, Mobihand (powering the CrackBerry stores) automatically sends an email for you to upgrade the game.
    04-26-09 08:00 PM
    Dang this game is hard!! You guys who have gotten these insane scores, can you give me pointers on the game?!
    I got 44 on the land one. Anything after 35 is so hard.
    04-26-09 08:41 PM
    With that being said I will admit some apps are overpriced. Some developers need to step back and look at what their app offers and see if it's worth what they are charging. This flight control app isn't one of those though.
    Funny thing is, these whiners who complain about app prices are the same folks who walk into an ebgames and don't even flinch about laying down $59.95 for the latest xbox360 game. Flight Control is definitely a high-quality app, and is easily worth $9.99; IMHO.
    04-26-09 09:14 PM
    the game your refering to is on the main page.
    04-26-09 09:42 PM
    As a controller myself... I have a hard time playing this game on my buddy's iphone without having my heart race when the planes get too close... No Thanks! I'll stick with some other games
    I agree. Separating airplanes IRL is enough for me.
    04-26-09 11:13 PM
    50 on land !!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 05:59 AM
    64 on the land
    04-27-09 06:42 AM
    LOL 64 on land here too!

04-27-09 08:06 AM
    I hope they make it for the curve too.
    04-27-09 08:16 AM
    First of all I don't think. Curve version is possible, duh! Also:
    Mobigloo, do you have any planned updates from 1.0 ? I'm looking forward to them!

04-27-09 10:12 AM
    67 On Land!!!

04-27-09 11:12 AM
    Love the game.

My only recommendation would be to set the BB button as a pause button. I have often been distracted by something else and lost a game.

Yes, I know there's no pause buttons for real ATCs.
    04-27-09 02:42 PM
    Anyone that is on the fence re: air traffic control, BUY THIS GAME!~!!

It's a damn fine app, great time waster!!! and updates should help the legs in the long run

Love the game.

My only recommendation would be to set the BB button as a pause button. I have often been distracted by something else and lost a game.

Yes, I know there's no pause buttons for real ATCs.
    BIIIG +1, any time i want to change the song im listening to or check a message, i have to leave the game other than that, stellllar
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 04-27-09 at 03:27 PM.
    04-27-09 03:24 PM
    This is the first app I've bought for my storm, and I must say I don't regret it one bit. It's very addicting and fun. I'm looking forward to the updates in the future.
    04-27-09 03:28 PM
    66 on land is my best so far. frickin' addictive little game.
    04-27-09 03:30 PM
    I bought this. Great game, but I would say worth about 3 bucks tops! At that price I am sure mobigloo could get a ton more customers.
    please tell me your avatar is truuuue!! is world of goo out for the storm
    04-27-09 03:34 PM
    Great game! Sure I'd love it to be cheaper, but $5 isn't really that bad. It's gorgeous and well done.

Too bad about the sound limitations... I had never heard that about BBs
    04-27-09 03:59 PM
    An update will be available soon, maybe even at the end of this week

The great news is that we will be able to shrink the size of the app without losing any quality. We are targeting 1.2mb now instead of 1.8mb and add a 3rd scene. We are still looking for ideas for additional scenes... Or even new aircraft types?

Mobigloo
    04-27-09 05:35 PM
    Thank you for making a cool app! Some suggestions:

-allow the user to adjust the speed so we can get higher levels. Slower speed means we can still have more planes on the screen and still try to manouver them. PLUS if there is a slower speed, it will allow for longer game play and at this point all I can do is get to 35 max. Thats only 5 minutes of play. If there was a speed setting that could be lowered, I could sit and land planes for 20 minutes or all afternoon!!! hehe

-enable the Blackberry menu button to pause the game. I want to be able to keep playing, but without being able to pause limits my happiness about the game.

Good job on the green radar, the planes, map, and perfect response time and accuracy for following my finger.

I'd LOVE to see an F-18 too!
    04-27-09 05:54 PM
    Great app, but here a some suggestions for levels:
    Perhaps a space level, just an idea
    And how about a huge passenger plane that is longer than other(for difficulty)

Also a weird idea but,
    How about once in awhile a few birds fly across the screen and crash the plane into the hudson(JK that was bad ) But the birds crash the plane, and if you click on the bird they disappear.

A few faster jets would be a cool idea too.

And what is with the scanner like outside? after a bit it hurts my eyes!

My Highscore:
    67 on land!!!

Mobigloo, I look forward to your update and trust you guys will do it right.
    Zack
    04-27-09 06:20 PM
    An update will be available soon, maybe even at the end of this week

The great news is that we will be able to shrink the size of the app without losing any quality. We are targeting 1.2mb now instead of 1.8mb and add a 3rd scene. We are still looking for ideas for additional scenes... Or even new aircraft types?

Mobigloo
    Ultralights? They would be almost as annoying as the hot air balloons. Maybe an occasional Space Shuttle? A P-51 Mustang type plane? And how about an old-time aerodrome with biplanes?
    04-27-09 07:58 PM
    Another vote for adding a pause feature.

I dunno why I am thinking about this, but how about a space airport? The vertical landing craft could be flying saucers, and you could have different spaceships as the aircraft, such as space shuttles or just some random spaceships.
    04-27-09 08:13 PM
121 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD