I made a post about this in the past.....I just want a better browser. I think we should all send electronic letters (of emails as the kids call it) to either Opera or Mozilla asking for them to port their touchscreen focused browsers to the storm......or maybe RIM could make a half decent browser

Im sorry again, but I'm getting tired of the BB browser.
    04-02-09 07:50 PM
    I made a post about this in the past.....I just want a better browser. I think we should all send electronic letters (of emails as the kids call it) to either Opera or Mozilla asking for them to port their touchscreen focused browsers to the storm......or maybe RIM could make a half decent browser

There is a mobile Opera browser...have you tried that?
    04-02-09 07:53 PM

Hate to break the new to you but opera makes a browser for the storm. There is also bolt and minute. I have no issues with the BB browser myself though.
    04-02-09 07:54 PM
    The BB browser is actually pretty good. The higher leaks have actually made the browser significantly quicker.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 08:01 PM
    Quicker but y isn't it as good as opera? Its sooo dam fast! Y isn't bb browser like that?

04-02-09 09:12 PM
    the Storm browser really isn't that bad.. And is pretty fast on VZWs network.

04-02-09 09:17 PM
    the Storm browser really isn't that bad.. And is pretty fast on VZWs network.

fast? Its like 56k. I like the features and big free operation other than typing lag but I exclusively use opera because the speed isn't even comparable. Its like walking vs driving a Ferrari. I can't stand sitting there waiting forever while pages render.

04-02-09 09:46 PM
    I don't think bombarding a company till they give in is the right approach.

I agree the browser isn't bad at all. If you're still running an older OS then that's where your problem lies.
    04-02-09 09:48 PM
    It needs work to put it lightly.

04-02-09 09:54 PM
    It needs work to put it lightly.

It works to put it heavily. You need to make sure that you have it set to render for blackberry and not internet explorer or firefox. If the websites think that you are on IE or firefox it is loading a heavy version of the page. With the blackberry setting it tends to render a lighter more "mobile" version of most sites. Also if you back down the image quality to medium the sites with images will load quicker as well.
    04-02-09 10:11 PM
    I am running 109, the browser is still much slower than Opera, and Opera is still not set up for the storm. This sucks.
    04-02-09 10:19 PM
    I am running 109, the browser is still much slower than Opera, and Opera is still not set up for the storm. This sucks.
    If you like the layout of opera try the new bolt browser. It is a little more "storm friendly" I am starting to like it, but I still think that the BB browser renders the pages better.
    04-02-09 10:24 PM
    Hate to break the new to you but opera makes a browser for the storm. There is also bolt and minute. I have no issues with the BB browser myself though.
    I've tried both bolt and opera mini, and there both garbage. I'm not talking about speed,but rather layout and features. I would like a browser that has the general layout with the address and search on top, basic navigation buttons on the bottom, and the ability to have multiple tabs. This is a kind of stardard layout that I think a marquee phone's browser should have; and that's way I brought up Opera Mobile or Fennec cause they're (atleast in my eyes) are the best 3rd party browsers available.
    Last edited by natsfan7; 04-02-09 at 11:38 PM.
    04-02-09 11:33 PM
    If Mozilla develops a firefox for the Blackberry, you can guarantee I'd be the first one downloading it.
    04-03-09 04:08 AM
    If Mozilla develops a firefox for the Blackberry, you can guarantee I'd be the first one downloading it.
    What's up Buckeye?
    04-03-09 04:17 AM
    It works to put it heavily. You need to make sure that you have it set to render for blackberry and not internet explorer or firefox. If the websites think that you are on IE or firefox it is loading a heavy version of the page. With the blackberry setting it tends to render a lighter more "mobile" version of most sites. Also if you back down the image quality to medium the sites with images will load quicker as well.
    Let me rephrase what I said. It needs to work better. I understand it works and compared to Bolt and Opera, the pluses of the BB browser definitely outweigh the minuses. But I will need proof that typing on ANY page with the default browser is remotely usable. I CAN type on it, but I usually have to go REALLY SLOW. They need to make the typing on web pages twice as fast as it is now, which will still be delayed. And most of the time scripts run forever before a page will load. I have compared the browser in terms of pulling a page up and the iPhone browser (with a decent connection) will beat it hands down time and time again. And I use the term "descent" loosely. The connection has to be slow EDGE for my phone to load the same page in an equal amount of time.

And I have my settings to be the best it can be, from what I have available. I'm not turning my settings down, because quite frankly I shouldn't have to. I don't try to find graphic intensive sites and then complain that the browser doesn't work. I simply want a browser that can load a regular web site without taking too long. And I have been and still am a very big proponent of the Storm, but to compete they need to step up their work. The browser should be one of the foremost projects for RIM. This is THEIR browser working on their phones and it's simply ok.

I'm happy with the browser given the choices we have with the phone. And to echo what someone has already said, when Firefox releases their browser, I'm ALL over it. I have a copy of Fennec and have tested it on the computer and it is AWESOME. If I could find a way to load it on my phone, I would. BTW, if anyone wants the link for Fennec Mobile, send me a PM. If you can get it to work, more power to you and just be sure to say how you did!
    04-03-09 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD