I only bought my Storm because of the Leaks and Hybrids available on Crackberry. Yes .148 is great but I expect more Leaks just for the fun and challenge for everyone. Crackberry addicts are not going to sit still.
    05-29-09 07:19 PM
    as log as theres a storm 1 you will hacve updates look at that bb with track wheel it just got an update
    05-29-09 07:23 PM
    Verizon is probably done with 4.7 BUT eventually they will release 5.0 for the storm. And there will always be leaks. Have faith folks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 07:32 PM
    Well in the beta os forum the current build for the storm is into 5.0 so I'm sure we will see it sometime

05-29-09 07:34 PM
    Well in the beta os forum the current build for the storm is into 5.0 so I'm sure we will see it sometime

its been in the 5.0 for months though, nothing new
    05-29-09 07:36 PM
    Well because leaks usually come from carriers testing out builds sent to them by RIM (in my understanding). Verizon is the largest carrier of the 9530. If Verizon doesn't plan on releasing another build for this device how will we get any leaks from Verizon testers.

We know RIM is way ahead of what we have been getting leaked, but we only get leaks of builds that are being tested for possible release. Have we ever got a leak that was newer than what VZW was testing?

Why would Verizon not test any more builds for this device? It was released less than a year ago, and just because the storm 2 is coming doesnt mean that they are never going to release another OS for this phone. RIM provides support and upgrades years after phones are originally produced
    05-29-09 07:45 PM
    I wouldn't look to another Storm update till 5.0 is ready to be rolled out for all devices for VZW

05-29-09 07:56 PM
    I dunno if we'll see anymore 4.7 leaks, but I hope the 5.0 leaks will start up.
    You will most def see more 4.7 OS leaks.
    05-29-09 09:53 PM
    he's saying that because the person who said they want the storm to perform like the iphone shouldn't have gotten the storm if they wanted a device to perform like the iphone.

it's been said multiple times, multiple ways, and I'm sure in multiple languages by now -- if you wanted a flippin' iphone, you should have gotten a flippin' iphone.
    I couldn't agree more.

Part of the problem, at least from what I've noticed at work, is people get into "comparison" mode. A lot of these are newbie blackberry users who ran into the resident Mac Snob at work or in the neighborhood, had their device picked on or belittled in one way or another, and then believed everything they were told.

Now, I'm used to Mac Snobs, since I was an art student in college. But this doesn't apply to everyone. The only cure for Mac Snobs is to roll your eyes and poke fun behind their backs. Just because they have the status-symbol device doesn't mean you have to care. Just get the device that does what you want it to do and quit worrying about other people.

The Storm is a great device. With the update, it'll be even better. But Mac Snobs will be Mac Snobs and that isn't gonna change anytime soon. The Storm could make buttered toast for you and the Mac Snobs would still belittle it.

I went through art school sticking to PC. I was made fun of, but it didn't affect my art any, so that was the final word on the matter.
    05-29-09 11:04 PM
    I couldn't agree more.

Part of the problem, at least from what I've noticed at work, is people get into "comparison" mode. A lot of these are newbie blackberry users who ran into the resident Mac Snob at work or in the neighborhood, had their device picked on or belittled in one way or another, and then believed everything they were told.

Now, I'm used to Mac Snobs, since I was an art student in college. But this doesn't apply to everyone. The only cure for Mac Snobs is to roll your eyes and poke fun behind their backs. Just because they have the status-symbol device doesn't mean you have to care. Just get the device that does what you want it to do and quit worrying about other people.

The Storm is a great device. With the update, it'll be even better. But Mac Snobs will be Mac Snobs and that isn't gonna change anytime soon. The Storm could make buttered toast for you and the Mac Snobs would still belittle it.

I went through art school sticking to PC. I was made fun of, but it didn't affect my art any, so that was the final word on the matter.
    This. I'm a PC guy and I love Macsnobs.

As for my phone I deal with G1 snobs here. I just ignore it and play wolfenstien.
    05-30-09 12:10 AM
    he's saying that because the person who said they want the storm to perform like the iphone shouldn't have gotten the storm if they wanted a device to perform like the iphone.

it's been said multiple times, multiple ways, and I'm sure in multiple languages by now -- if you wanted a flippin' iphone, you should have gotten a flippin' iphone.
    If the iPhone was offered on more than AT&T he & many others would own them.

~X

05-30-09 12:46 AM
    I couldn't agree more.

I love seeing ignorance in Windows only users. Keep in mind that all the apps you use for artistic creation were developed for the Macintosh or are have been developed based on prior Macintosh software titles.

PERIOD!

~X

05-30-09 12:55 AM
    That's the dumbest thing I've heard all day! The Storm is NOT an Iphone! What is it you expect the Storm to do that it doesn't now? Sing and dance? Wash your car? In the words of the immortal Charlie Brown "good grief"

YES OMG YES!!!
    05-30-09 01:26 AM
    I would bet the Storm 2 will have the same OS as the Storm 1. It's not going to be that much different that they cannot be the same. Sure, it may have Wifi, but that's just a module. The hardware implementation may be different on both, but those are just simple changes. Overall, software progress made on the Storm 2 would most likely be translated to the Storm 1.
    05-30-09 01:58 AM
    God has spoken...lol!

05-30-09 02:19 AM
    I love seeing ignorance in Windows only users. Keep in mind that all the apps you use for artistic creation were developed for the Macintosh or are have been developed based on prior Macintosh software titles.

PERIOD!

~X

congratulations!! Do you want a high five? why do you care what he prefers? People with apple products are snobby and usually only buy them because everyone else does.
    05-30-09 02:51 AM
    I wonder if folks who are concerned about leaks drying up are also concerned about the sun returning after an eclipse, Spring buds showing after a long Winter, mommy and daddy making up and playing nice after seeing them "fighting" under the covers at night...
    05-30-09 02:52 AM
    congratulations!! Do you want a high five? why do you care what he prefers? People with apple products are snobby and usually only buy them because everyone else does.
    LOL too funny! Interesting... Too bad the facts are wrong.

~X

05-30-09 04:58 AM
    who wants to bet that while this may be true, vzw will not approve anything until 5.0?
    05-30-09 10:36 AM
    who wants to bet that while this may be true, vzw will not approve anything until 5.0?
    News of more leaks is always good for us. I'd love to get a .2?? Build while we wait for 5.0.and some of us the pre.

05-30-09 10:43 AM
    News of more leaks is always good for us. I'd love to get a .2?? Build while we wait for 5.0.and some of us the pre.

what's a pre?
    05-30-09 10:47 AM
    I know that there is soooooo much more that the storm can offer. It is has many untapped resources that when these abilities are discovered/unlocked it will revolutionize the storm experience.
    Care to share what those are?

And why you say this?
    05-30-09 11:41 AM
    i need more...and more... and then some more...

never satsfied

One is too many and 1,000 is never enough
    05-30-09 12:57 PM
    Some people must have missed the positve conversation part......

And no I do not want an Iphone, and no I certainly do not want to make out with you. What gives?
    05-30-09 02:38 PM
    Care to share what those are?

And why you say this?
    Ok when I say abilities I more so mean capabilities, I believe the phone can be so much more fluid and faster, much much faster.

And yes the storm can absolutly cook toast (heating element attachment at the crackberry store for 19.35) and the storm can wash a car (buffer attachment also available at the crackberry store for 49.99)

Really? like the nerve of some people........ and why? The world may never know..
    05-30-09 02:47 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD