That is my question.

Now that .148 is offical, will there be more updates and/or leaks, or is verizon just going to quit on us and concentrate on the next generation (ODIN aka Storm 2)

I will never be satisfied.......
    05-29-09 02:22 PM
    i don't think anybody, including me, on this site can ever be fully satisfied!
    05-29-09 02:27 PM
    Truth....

The only point in time that I will be satisified is when there is an OS that will allow the storm to perform to its full potential and absolutly demolish the Iphone.
    05-29-09 02:30 PM
    Yeah, I was kind of thinking this might cause the leaks to dry up.

Hope that's just me being paranoid.

Maybe it will start the beginning of us getting some 5.0 leaks
    05-29-09 02:37 PM
    Even though .148 is a big improvment over .075 I would still like to see improvements to the Browser. It is still a little slow at times and the interface could stand some improvements too.
    05-29-09 02:41 PM
    considering that many folks who are supposed to be "in the know" have said that RIM is working on not only .2xx versions but also the 5.0 set, why was this question even asked?

not to be rude, but it's been stated multiple times over. And even the Curve, Pearl, World have gotten releases long after launch because of issues that have popped up...
    05-29-09 02:41 PM
    I dunno if we'll see anymore 4.7 leaks, but I hope the 5.0 leaks will start up.
    05-29-09 02:42 PM
    That is my question.

Now that .148 is offical, will there be more updates and/or leaks, or is verizon just going to quit on us and concentrate on the next generation (ODIN aka Storm 2)

Leaks aren't released by Verizon....so probably
    05-29-09 02:42 PM
    Truth....

The only point in time that I will be satisified is when there is an OS that will allow the storm to perform to its full potential and absolutly demolish the Iphone.
    That's the dumbest thing I've heard all day! The Storm is NOT an Iphone! What is it you expect the Storm to do that it doesn't now? Sing and dance? Wash your car? In the words of the immortal Charlie Brown "good grief"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 02:44 PM
    considering that many folks who are supposed to be "in the know" have said that RIM is working on not only .2xx versions but also the 5.0 set, why was this question even asked?

not to be rude, but it's been stated multiple times over. And even the Curve, Pearl, World have gotten releases long after launch because of issues that have popped up...
    Well because leaks usually come from carriers testing out builds sent to them by RIM (in my understanding). Verizon is the largest carrier of the 9530. If Verizon doesn't plan on releasing another build for this device how will we get any leaks from Verizon testers.

We know RIM is way ahead of what we have been getting leaked, but we only get leaks of builds that are being tested for possible release. Have we ever got a leak that was newer than what VZW was testing?
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 05-29-09 at 02:48 PM.
    05-29-09 02:46 PM
    That's the dumbest thing I've heard all day! The Storm is NOT an Iphone! What is it you expect the Storm to do that it doesn't now? Sing and dance? Wash your car? In the words of the immortal Charlie Brown "good grief"
    Well, it make pretty damn good waffles ... just ask patches.
    05-29-09 02:52 PM
    Just so I am to be understood. I believe that 5.0 may be dedicated to the Storm 2. I wanna know if RIM (I did not specify which corporation) will still push out any more enhancements to improve the storm.

Really bro? One word my friend.......

LAGGGGGGGGGGG? sound familiar?
    If not I want your storm....

continue on with positive discussion....
    05-29-09 02:58 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember hearing that they combined the two teams. Hence 4.0 releases are done.

05-29-09 03:02 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember hearing that they combined the two teams. Hence 4.0 releases are done.

They might have stopped developing the 4.7 builds, but they already had a lot of them finished that Verizon still has access to.
    05-29-09 03:06 PM
    That is my question.

i need more...and more... and then some more...

never satsfied
    05-29-09 03:09 PM
    Mr. Bill understands where I am coming from.

I know that there is soooooo much more that the storm can offer. It is has many untapped resources that when these abilities are discovered/unlocked it will revolutionize the storm experience.
    Last edited by MakinMeFamous22; 05-29-09 at 03:51 PM.
    05-29-09 03:19 PM
    Truth....

I hate to say this, but a Blackberry was the wrong device choice for you........
    05-29-09 05:04 PM
    Just so I am to be understood. I believe that 5.0 may be dedicated to the Storm 2
    Well, with .148 being as good as it is, i'd be willing to bet that the next Storm release (MR3?) will be a 5.0 build. I think VZW is now going to concentrate on getting all of their modern Blackberry devices up to 5.0
    05-29-09 05:07 PM
    I hate to say this, but a Blackberry was the wrong device choice for you........
    Why is that?? Because he knows that the storm can do so much more than it is now with the current OS (insert your OS here)

So what you're saying is that you shouldn't expect your BB to perform like you want it too???

Honestly, I'm confused by your statement and am now wondering if a BB was the wrong choice for me when I started with them 6 years ago...damn!!!
    05-29-09 05:18 PM
    Well, with .148 being as good as it is, i'd be willing to bet that the next Storm release (MR3?) will be a 5.0 build. I think VZW is now going to concentrate on getting all of their modern Blackberry devices up to 5.0
    They might have stopped developing the 4.7 builds, but they already had a lot of them finished that Verizon still has access to.
    Finally some people who are actually making some sense in this thread.

RIM will not "abandon" the storm 1 as some of you fools wish/hope/want to believe. Like stated 5.0 will be an OS to span all of RIMs devices hopefully. As for major changes to the storm 1, its not going to happen. There is no secret wifi chip in it. From here out you probably will see some nice little surprises here and there but for the most part its going to be stability and increase performance of already existing features IMO.

If you actually look at the 5.0 walkthrough, you will see its not a huge upgrade that will transform the device to anything that its not already. Its a great device now, enjoy it and stop wanting it to magically change your damn life...
    05-29-09 05:24 PM
    Finally some people who are actually making some sense in this thread.

RIM will not "abandon" the storm 1 as some of you fools wish/hope/want to believe. Like stated 5.0 will be an OS to span all of RIMs devices hopefully. As for major changes to the storm 1, its not going to happen. There is no secret wifi chip in it. From here out you probably will see some nice little surprises here and there but for the most part its going to be stability and increase performance of already existing features IMO.

If you actually look at the 5.0 walkthrough, you will see its not a huge upgrade that will transform the device to anything that its not already. Its a great device now, enjoy it and stop wanting it to magically change your damn life...

no secret wifi, darn it nows its time to go and get the IpHoNe 3gizzle
    05-29-09 05:41 PM
    With how long this one took, I suspect we are never getting another again, and I honestly don't expect one
    05-29-09 05:46 PM
    Why is that?? Because he knows that the storm can do so much more than it is now with the current OS (insert your OS here)

So what you're saying is that you shouldn't expect your BB to perform like you want it too???

Honestly, I'm confused by your statement and am now wondering if a BB was the wrong choice for me when I started with them 6 years ago...damn!!!
    he's saying that because the person who said they want the storm to perform like the iphone shouldn't have gotten the storm if they wanted a device to perform like the iphone.

it's been said multiple times, multiple ways, and I'm sure in multiple languages by now -- if you wanted a flippin' iphone, you should have gotten a flippin' iphone.
    05-29-09 06:35 PM
    Its a great device now, enjoy it and stop wanting it to magically change your damn life...
    H*ll, you can even use it as a phone when you finally get tired of playing with it.

... what a radical concept. You may be on to something, Bubba!
    05-29-09 07:03 PM
    With how long this one took, I suspect we are never getting another again, and I honestly don't expect one
    so you think RIM would abandon the Storm just becuase there has been only 2 official realeases. Not very likely. They continue to support the older model BB's so I really cant see them not supporting the storm.
    05-29-09 07:03 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD