I didn't know if I should put this in the Storm forum(s) or 3rd party or GPS but here it is.

I tried out waze because I've heard of it and it looks pretty cool but of course touchscreen BBs aren't supported. In an effort to try and help the issues storm users are seeing there is a post on the waze forums here.

The thing is, you can only create an account from the client, and you can't use the client on the storm.... how do they expect any feedback? I messaged them on their twitter and that got me nowhere fast.

Am I the only one that sees this as completely moronic?

edit: I was able to get it working a little w/o compatibility mode now. Enough to get an acct setup and post on their forums at least. lol
    Last edited by flying_hellfish; 05-12-10 at 10:11 AM.
    05-12-10 09:44 AM
    They have released a version for the Storm:
    waze.com • View topic - BB Storm Touch screen version - Feedback please

But I still cannot get this version to work, the keyboard just doesn't respond, though to some people it is. Not sure what would make it work on one Storm and not another...
    06-01-10 10:02 PM
    Yeah, I'm posting in that thread already. Doesn't look like they want to get it out of compatibility mode so I'm giving up on waze for now.
    06-02-10 06:27 AM
    well I found waze team dan on BB support forms.

About dan12345 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Here's one of his posts,

Hi I am developing an application under 4.2.1, and my company right now decided not to invest time in creating a full-touch version - So we want our app to work in compatibility mode only, so users will be able to scroll through our screen.

Is their any way to force this mode, so users will not be able to change it? ( Alot of users are disabling it, and then complain that they can't scroll ).

Also - we have none native edit boxes, so the SureType keyboard gives us problems since we don't handle the second character in each button, only the first. Is their any way to programatically ( or Jad file-y ), force a full qwerty keyboard instead? I know that users have the ability to change that in their settings...

Thanks,
    Dan.
    So it looks like we are getting stuck with a compatibility mode version for now
    06-02-10 06:46 AM
    So it looks like we are getting stuck with a compatibility mode version for now
    And this is why I deleted the program. I'm no developer but how much harder could it be to just write it for the touchscreen? Or is it just laziness? I mean it is out there for iphone, android and winmo in touch format. Isn't there a developer kit for the storm? I guess that is why they keep avoiding the question when I ask if we will ever get a full touchscreen version.
    Last edited by flying_hellfish; 06-02-10 at 08:47 AM.
    06-02-10 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD