So, like everyone else that has a storm, we all know how much the battery blows. and like everyone else, i had a TON of useless applications that I had no idea how to use and they came preloaded on the phone.

To make it last I:

[*]Have it set on Auto on/off: this is by far my favorite BB feature. I used it on my Curve and fell in love with it. It shuts off at 11 and turns on at 5:55am just in time for my alarm. Helps save the battery a ton.

GOT RID OF ALL THOSE USELESS APPLICATIONS. I mean, come on. what is RDM? and Do i really need myspace mobile because I'm too lazy to type in the address? and Poynt? Hello...I have google maps and the BB maps that comes loaded is pretty great. Trapster is a pretty cool idea because I like to fly down the highway .

I charged it last night before I went to bed, it turned itself off at 11pm and then back on again at 5:55am and it was still fully charged. I sat through my classes all day texting and through work texting and emailing and the battery is only at 75 %. Normally I would have had to have charged it at least once today and this morning it might not have turned on because it would have drained in that 7 hour period.

Not without all those useless applications. Totally loving my phone right now

Sorry if there was already a post about this. I'm not reading though 1000000 pages to find it.
    02-26-09 06:04 PM
    Any openings at this job where one may text and email throughout the shift? LOL !
    02-26-09 06:19 PM
    Any openings at this job where one may text and email throughout the shift? LOL !
    Haha I work at a bank that's open until 8 pm. It's pretty much dead after 5.
    02-26-09 06:28 PM
    Dang, lol, whereI worked if I even grabbed my phone to look at the time I got yelled at
    02-27-09 03:47 AM
    The great thing about having a smart phone like the BlackBerry are the applications that make life easier. If some of them happen to be battery drainers, so be it. Between car chargers and home chargers, is battery life really that much of an issue? This is especially true if you're on such a predictable schedule which allows you shut the phone off every night at 11 and wake it at 6am.

I say, don't be so discriminating and just charge your phone at night.
    02-27-09 04:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD