10-27-09 04:12 PM
99 1234
tools
    Try not to hijack another thread. As long as your wife is eligible for upgrade pricing, your plan sounds perfectly reasonable.
    My bad, sounded like the thread I should of posted the question in so I put it in here. Didn't want to make another thread if it could of been answered in here.
    10-26-09 06:02 PM
    also, you loose your warranty by swapping the phone out to another account...here's to hoping your S2 is messed up
    this part is not true...

i added a new line to buy storm 1 (i never cancelled the line tho, a freind ended up using the line) and i switched the storm 1 to my main line and then did end up using the manuf. warranty to get a replacement later on.

I also did this same thing with my Tour, I bought a Tour with an upgrade on my mom's account because she didnt want to buy a new phone. Then I put the Tour on my line and ended up having a trackball issue and got a new phone for that too.

And yeah, I buy alot of new phones...
    10-26-09 06:16 PM
    So lets say my dads line is up for an upgrade..he does not want to upgrade his phone but I would like to get a storm 2 or a droid...would he be able to upgrade to either one of those phones and then would I be able to take over the phone on my line and then he could go back to using the old phone he was using?
    10-26-09 06:40 PM
    as a vzw rep, i despise people like you
    also, you loose your warranty by swapping the phone out to another account...here's to hoping your S2 is messed up

I rather have a loose warranty. It beats having to lose it.
    10-26-09 06:42 PM
    as a vzw rep, i despise people like you

you screw over a company and reps just because you want the latest thing

nope you are wrong ifhe keep the phoneon the accountbut a different line it is still proven he bought the phone from verizon so the warranty still applies thats how i can exchang my phones no line on my account has a new phone except my line and i switch phones add and cancel lines often
    10-26-09 06:57 PM
    So lets say my dads line is up for an upgrade..he does not want to upgrade his phone but I would like to get a storm 2 or a droid...would he be able to upgrade to either one of those phones and then would I be able to take over the phone on my line and then he could go back to using the old phone he was using?
    yes its called an alternate upgrade
    10-26-09 06:58 PM
    screw over verizon as much as possible! they give me a different bill every month...i have to call them every month and they end up discounting me on things i dont want or use...they deserve it
    I'm sure it's user error at this point.

@ the OP: If you cancel a "few days later" you get a chargeback for the full retail price on the phone, unless you return it. If you think Verizon execs haven't though of this you're pretty naive. It will cost you more than buying FRP.
    10-26-09 07:14 PM
    yes its called an alternate upgrade
    Can this be done for people on different contracts?
    10-26-09 07:27 PM
    Can this be done for people on different contracts?
    if it's on the same account, yes
    10-26-09 07:35 PM
    Everyone who posts ignorant questions about screwing over a company, should post their mobile number. That way, employees can make sure that they get no courtesy whatsoever.

The saying goes, you catch more bees with honey than with vinegar...

That works in retail too. When a customer comes in and gets crazy and demands things, they get NOTHING from me. When someone comes in and is nice, and respectful to my reps, they are much more likely to get me to make magical changes on upgrades dates/discount/etc.
    10-26-09 07:57 PM
    Everyone who posts ignorant questions about screwing over a company, should post their mobile number. That way, employees can make sure that they get no courtesy whatsoever.

The saying goes, you catch more bees with honey than with vinegar...

That works in retail too. When a customer comes in and gets crazy and demands things, they get NOTHING from me. When someone comes in and is nice, and respectful to my reps, they are much more likely to get me to make magical changes on upgrades dates/discount/etc.
    You speak the truth it shouldbe that way. as a former vzw rep i agree with you, however if a ustomer wants somethin they will get it elsewhere. sadley i have done i several times not to get over and screw the company. but to get what was reasonably owed to me.
    10-26-09 10:20 PM
    I don't want to screw Verizon. I want a win - win. What's the big deal about Verizon budging one month for my annual upgrade? I want to be there for launch day at the Verizon store... I am a good customer. Good standing. Just my bloody annual upgrade date is Nov 21st and not Oct 28th... Lol...

So far I think I will be able to order it over the phone (with 2-year promo) if a CSR supervisor says yes. But I would rather camp out on launch date and walk into the store.

Oh what a dream.

So far every CSR says budging upgrade dates require ordering over the phone. If only they would budge... They would get their money, and I would get my dream
    10-26-09 11:41 PM
    I was told i can get it upgraded when im a year with them then i can do it online and get it for the 2 year plan price which i can do but in november which sucks for me.
    10-26-09 11:45 PM
    Yeah me too Taz... If only they would budge for oct 28th I would be in heaven...
    10-26-09 11:46 PM
    I know my upgrade is available in november 21 i hope they have more storm 2 available.
    10-26-09 11:48 PM
    Taz if that's your goal... Upgrade Nov 21st don't worry. Verizon is down playing this release... You should set your goals higher like I am
    10-26-09 11:49 PM
    Yea when your planning on getting the storm2.
    10-26-09 11:53 PM
    I hope to convince a CSR agent to budge my date to Oct 28th... I really would like to go to the store on launch... But I think I will have to settle with next day air... Sounds like if they budge the date you must purchase over the phone...

If you ask can't I just walk into the store they give you BS saying the store manager would then have to budge the date. Then if you call the store they will tell you that a CSR has to budge the date

I guess I will have to settle for a Thursday afternoon!
    10-26-09 11:59 PM
    I see well i have to wait a month
    10-27-09 12:04 AM
    Why can't you just try and beg? I am not beneath begging!
    10-27-09 12:06 AM
    I got my date moved up from 11/21 to 10/28
    10-27-09 12:08 AM
    Trust me i called many times but still no luck verizon is very difficult to convince.
    10-27-09 12:08 AM
    I got my date moved up from 11/21 to 10/28
    Wow lucky you pk cable how you did it please share
    10-27-09 12:09 AM
    Yeah pkcable... VIP... Blah blah blah... I don't know of any non-VIP that has actually budged the date for a annual. They keep telling me I must buy it from them over the phone.
    10-27-09 12:10 AM
    Why over the phone.
    10-27-09 12:20 AM
99 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD