I know you can reference SMS outbox and such via the "view folders" option but is there a method to reference your EMAILS outbox? I have the option disabled where it shows everything sent in the inbox but I would still like a way to view them when necessary.

Any experience with this?
    11-22-08 09:44 PM
    I know you can reference SMS outbox and such via the "view folders" option but is there a method to reference your EMAILS outbox? I have the option disabled where it shows everything sent in the inbox but I would still like a way to view them when necessary.

I am a little confused. If you click 'messages' then 'view folders' you should be able to scroll to your email accounts and click 'sent items'. Or is that what you already knew and were looking for a shortcut?
    11-22-08 09:47 PM

Try using the search application

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 09:48 PM
    When you go into "view folders" there is no way to scroll to your email accounts. Only MMS/SMS/WAP messages are shown there.

I'm trying to find a way to see a "sent items" from each specific email address when necessary.
    11-22-08 09:50 PM
    The search application will bring it up but I'd like to know the folder its finding the messages in. You would think there is a way to just view a "sent items" folder from each email address somewhere.
    11-22-08 09:51 PM
    what i've done is I combine sms/mms/ AND e-mails into the messages folder.

ALL my messages regardless of type goes in here and both sent and received are in order of sent/received.
    11-22-08 09:51 PM
    what i've done is I combine sms/mms/ AND e-mails into the messages folder.

ALL my messages regardless of type goes in here and both sent and received are in order of sent/received.
    Apparently I have done the same and didn't even know it could be done differently.
    11-22-08 09:53 PM
    I think the OP is just asking of a folder of just sent emails. I'm interested to know as well.
    11-22-08 09:54 PM
    I think the OP is just asking of a folder of just sent emails. I'm interested to know as well.
    Exactly. There has to be an "outbox" folder for each email address somewhere. If not, the Search Application would have no way to pull them.

When you choose "view folders" and scroll down there is no outbox listed.
    11-22-08 09:56 PM
    Exactly. There has to be an "outbox" folder for each email address somewhere. If not, the Search Application would have no way to pull them.

When you choose "view folders" and scroll down there is no outbox listed.
    Just figured out the difference...my BES account has a sent/outbox but my POP3/IMAP folders don't. That kind of sucks...
    11-22-08 10:00 PM
    The only way to view sent messages is to choose not to hide sent messages. Then they just appear in your inbox with all your received messages. To me this is too much to have in the inbox. RIM needs to add that folder to the list, in my opinion.

Maybe it's not included because the main function of the BB is email, and it would quickly fill up, draining precious "file free" space. Just a thought...
    11-22-08 10:02 PM
    yea not sure if there is a sent folder for e-mails... however, if you go into messages over a person you e-mailed to see what you've emailed them to make it easier to see go to menu and search recipient and it will show all the e-mails received/sent from/to them
    11-22-08 10:04 PM
    I can't believe there is no way to simply view the "outbox" or "sent items" folder from each specific email address on the device. I mean, we are using Blackberrys which at the end of the day are still considered a "business device".

When you use the Search Application and it pulls the emails it says Folder: Outbox

So there HAS to be a folder on the device somewhere with the outbox for each email address.
    11-22-08 10:09 PM
    I can't believe there is no way to simply view the "outbox" or "sent items" folder from each specific email address on the device. I mean, we are using Blackberrys which at the end of the day are still considered a "business device".

When you use the Search Application and it pulls the emails it says Folder: Outbox

So there HAS to be a folder on the device somewhere with the outbox for each email address.
    Ya know... this has been my big question from day one as well. It's actually been addressed on this forum, and the conclusion is always the same... no outbox folder. Not yet, anyway.
    11-22-08 10:12 PM
    There definitely are Outbox folders. It just looks like RIM did not provide us a method and/or option of viewing them.

That makes absolutely zero sense.
    11-22-08 10:14 PM
    So... I have always been an "action oriented" person. Do we send a mass complaint on RIM's feedback site and watch for the OS upgrade to follow shortly thereafter, email outbox included? (Sorry, I just couldn't resist)
    11-22-08 10:18 PM
    I'm going to shoot an email over to my buddy at RIM on Monday morning. I just sent him one a few minutes ago asking about the next OS update so I don't want to blow him up.

I just can't believe this hasn't been a HUGE issue with most everybody.
    11-22-08 10:20 PM
    Awesome! Can't wait for the upgrade! Hmmmm... What else do we want while we are placing requests?

11-22-08 10:22 PM
    I already tried telling him to give us a QWERTY option in Portrait mode, fix the "compose" button when in specific email accounts so it sends from that specific email address and doesn't go to a default one, along with a few other things.

Not that he has any empowerment to single handedly get anything done but at least he can maybe relay a message. LOL!

Anyways, I don't want to steer off this particular topic. We have GOT to find a fix for this.
    11-22-08 10:25 PM
    Well on my curve I just hit alt+O and shows all my sent messages. With lack of physical keyboard on the storm, I guess this feature is gone.good luck

11-23-08 09:48 AM
    Gone is simply not an option. There has to be a way to view the outboxes.
    11-23-08 09:50 AM
    I already tried telling him to give us a QWERTY option in Portrait mode, fix the "compose" button when in specific email accounts so it sends from that specific email address and doesn't go to a default one, along with a few other things.

Not that he has any empowerment to single handedly get anything done but at least he can maybe relay a message. LOL!

Anyways, I don't want to steer off this particular topic. We have GOT to find a fix for this.
    Those have been bothering me for 2 days. I subscribed to this thread in case you hear any work around. Thanks!
    11-23-08 03:26 PM
    Well on my curve I just hit alt+O and shows all my sent messages. With lack of physical keyboard on the storm, I guess this feature is gone.good luck

Now, this is interesting... I didn't know about this option, and I tried it, and it works.

So, just because the Storm doesn't have a keyboard doesn't eliminate the ability to use "alt-0" using the touch method. I am curious to know if ths works for any of you Storm users. Mayve that's a quicker and better option than having a folder to go to.
    11-23-08 03:38 PM
    There is no "alt" key on the storm.
    11-23-08 03:40 PM
    Now, this is interesting... I didn't know about this option, and I tried it, and it works.

So, just because the Storm doesn't have a keyboard doesn't eliminate the ability to use "alt-0" using the touch method. I am curious to know if ths works for any of you Storm users. Mayve that's a quicker and better option than having a folder to go to.
    alt + O (or 123 key + O on the Storm) works. You can see the Outgoing messages sorted by day. Its all messages all email boxes, sms, etc) grouped together. Even when I tried this inside a specific email box it shows outgoing for the entire device (as if you are in the main messages box).
    11-23-08 03:44 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD