Sometimes I find that I have typed a long URL incorrectly, but when I try to click to that specific place it either automatically goes to the incorrectly typed URL or it does nothing at all. Holding my finger and waiting for the selection tool doesn't appear to work either. I'm running a 114 hybrid. Am I totally missing something? I'm embarrassed to even ask this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 08:53 AM
    And in calendar entries too.
    04-02-09 05:39 PM
    No, I find it a little wonky too. It kind of has a mind of it own. Somtimes I click the screen and it goes but not always. I'm with you, it is not accurate.
    04-02-09 05:51 PM
    put your finger over the text, but dont click.
    hold it, the cursor will become a white box outlined in blue
    without picking your finger up off the screen, drag it to where you want the cursor
    04-02-09 05:52 PM
    It definitely worked better in .75. The newer betas seem to have changed that operation.
    04-02-09 05:53 PM
    without picking your finger up off the screen, drag it to where you want the cursor
    No, not always, we know all about the box, but maybe you have one of those "perfect storms".
    04-02-09 05:54 PM
    Mine never does that in URLs or when editing calendar entries. I have no problems at all using the feature with emails, etc so I know that it's not me, but I can't figure it out for the life of me when putting in URLs or typing in the calendar.

I guess the problem is that the cursor isn't showing, so it just lets you drag the URL around but not place a cursor and make a change.
    Last edited by zazzified; 04-02-09 at 07:32 PM.
    04-02-09 07:27 PM
    this kinda works... but only within the range of the window... if you wanna fix something in the beginning of a long address... the window won't move ...
    this usually happens when i wanna copy the url... it won't go beyond what i can see...
    04-02-09 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD