I can watch video's on the m.youtube.com site but how can I watch video's on NBC.com. Each time I click on a video it says I need to update my adobe acrobat reader. I click the download button now and it doesnt work. Any help would be great.
    02-22-09 02:52 AM
    If its flash based videos you won't be able to see them on your phone. I.e. Hulu or nbc
    02-22-09 09:28 AM
    Well I watched a full episode of The Office on nbc.com the other day. I did not do anything special to watch it.
    02-22-09 09:39 AM
    sure you did some should make a flash app dmg pls
    02-22-09 10:03 AM
    As long as you're on the mobile site you can watch video. The downside is that the quality sucks and the episodes are broken down into clips rather than one continuous file. It's ok if you have no other options though.
    02-22-09 10:37 AM
    Now that I think about it, I could have been watching that episode on my business phone, which is a Curve!
    02-22-09 10:38 AM
    Now that I think about it, I could have been watching that episode on my business phone, which is a Curve!
    which still doesn't have flash support
    02-22-09 10:43 AM
    Use this address on phone isntead, its the proper version of NBC for phone.

http://m.nbc.com
    02-22-09 11:25 AM
    not to be rude but..., Are you blond
    02-22-09 12:08 PM
    Website works for me on my storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 02:27 PM
    Why does the movie preveiw that comes preloaded on the storm look amazing, but all other videos i watch look like crap? is there a trick i am missing?
    02-22-09 02:31 PM
    Any video that is streamed to your phone has to be small enough to actually send OTA. So they degrade the quality to shrink the video, which is why it looks like poo. Anything stored on phone or card can be of much better quality.
    02-22-09 04:04 PM
    I'm not sure if I believe that. I used m.NBC.com on my iPod touch and on my storm. The iPod touch video quality was amazing. So smooth compared to the choppy and blurry video on the storm. This makes me think it's more of a media player issue than the quality of the mobile videos. Look at the difference between the YouTube on our phone and the one on the iPod or iPhone

02-22-09 05:29 PM
    I'm not sure if I believe that. I used m.NBC.com on my iPod touch and on my storm. The iPod touch video quality was amazing. So smooth compared to the choppy and blurry video on the storm. This makes me think it's more of a media player issue than the quality of the mobile videos. Look at the difference between the YouTube on our phone and the one on the iPod or iPhone

I noticed the same thing as well. Good old Blackberry programmers. RIM should start poaching IPhone developers.
    02-22-09 05:41 PM

And let me guess, using WiFi for the Touch?
    02-22-09 05:59 PM
    Yep. I didn't want to mention it because lack of wi fi on the storm is a sore subject for me.. But regardless of connection the media player on the iPod/phone is smooth. Maybe a 3rd party media player would fix it for us

02-22-09 06:06 PM
    Why does the movie preveiw that comes preloaded on the storm look amazing, but all other videos i watch look like crap? is there a trick i am missing?
    So far I've loaded 300 and KungFu Panda on my Storm and they were both excellent, but all streaming content with the rare YouTube exception is usually poor.
    02-22-09 07:52 PM
    Yep. I didn't want to mention it because lack of wi fi on the storm is a sore subject for me.. But regardless of connection the media player on the iPod/phone is smooth. Maybe a 3rd party media player would fix it for us

The only benefit of WiFi on the Storm would be the occasions where you don't have EVDO coverage but might happen to be in range of a WiFi connection. We're going to pay for data regardless. I think we would be much better off with a different media player for streaming video. I've had no problems with anything else on the media player though.
    02-22-09 07:57 PM
    remember when cell phones just called people....?
    02-23-09 02:09 AM
    remember when cell phones just called people....?
    and your point is?

I'm just happy to get any streaming video besides youtube on this thing...
    02-23-09 02:20 AM
    Yep, that is a benefit of having wifi. Like when im on southwest airlines mid flight and would like to use their new integrated wifi. Or when I'm working in the hospital and don't get EVDO coverage but have access to wifi. Or when I'm home and I'd just rather use my wireless router since it's faster than Chicago 3G. Sorry... Didnt mean to get off topic, told ya it was a sore subject. But maybe the app store will bring new media players, possibly with flash. I'll keep my fingers crosse, anything can happen.

02-23-09 02:58 AM
    I was also able to watch The Office on my Storm.
    02-24-09 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD