Yeah I've had to many a time go into a person's email and or monitor there work because we were worried about security. I never enjoy it even if its my job to do it...
    11-25-08 01:53 PM
    What about Gtalk? - my guess is no?
    What about pictures or videos on the media card? - my guess is maybe?
    gtalk, no, and pics/vids no.
    11-25-08 01:57 PM
    Referring to the method discussed in the linked forum and especially in post #22 which basically states how to use Outlook Web Access to get your company email pushed to your phone.

So if one were to use that method and use BIS will the company still have access to pin, texts, call logs, emails (personal account), etc?
    11-25-08 04:59 PM
    So if one were to use that method and use BIS will the company still have access to pin, texts, call logs, emails (personal account), etc?
    No. But you also can't sync calendars with work on BIS.
    11-25-08 05:08 PM
    no.. BIS is a sticky situation that NO corporation that can be put through litigation should enable. BIS connectivy, the BES admin has no ability to remotely manage that device.. You're basically flying in, under the radar, getting emails/attachments and practically untracable.

My company, we block BIS 100%..

With BIS, the BES admin cant see anything.
    11-25-08 05:08 PM

With BIS, the BES admin cant see anything.
    Well they can still see emails sent using the company email account, right?
    11-25-08 05:35 PM
    Well they can still see emails sent using the company email account, right?
    Yes, of course.
    11-25-08 05:40 PM
    while i agree with fellow admins that the last thing i am going to do is look at peoples call logs and text messaging logs, it doesnt mean i have a choice if my boss says "check joe smiths logs and print them out for me"

i wanted guys like the one poster who had bought his own personal phone and data plan but just wanted to ge his work calendar and email to know, they probably figure if its a personal phone just getting some work email that they are private and they should know they are not.

anyways, just trying to be informative and contribute to this community i have just joined
    11-25-08 05:48 PM
    Can your company see call/sms logs via activesync as well?
    02-17-09 07:26 PM
    Like most others have stated, most people who work in IT are too busy or don't care enough to go sifting through logs to look at personal PIN/SMS/Phone Calls unless they are instructed to (or maybe have some weird obsession with you lol).

Like all others, if you have a personal phone, don't put it on a BES.

Ahh the glories of working in IT (my personal, VZW storm is sitting on it's own BES all by itself )
    02-17-09 07:50 PM
    Can your company see call/sms logs via activesync as well?
    I believe they can if you are using an Exchange 2007 box. Don't quote me on this as we only have a few people on our 07 box at the moment and none have AS devices..
    02-18-09 01:14 PM
    hmm, Im the bes admin here and we turn that logging off.

except if the girl is nice looking, its hot reading the texts detailing her exploits.

kidding!
    02-18-09 01:28 PM
    For the record, what exactly is a BES server?? Im mainly just curious if MY logs and texts are able to be accessed.

Ive read the whole thread so far and from the sounds of it sounds like something that people that have their phone connected to a server through their work.

I was wondering if I have to be worried about it even though my BB isnt connected to anything other than the normal verizon network.
    02-18-09 02:54 PM
    you are safe then. a BlackBerry Enterprise Server is only used when you want to get you corporate E-mail on your phone, provided you company supports Blackberry. otherwise it doesnt mean anything to you.
    02-18-09 02:58 PM
    This is exactly why I told my boss **** no when he wanted me to get my Storm put on the BES. I bought it myself, it's on my personal plan, so no way. Not only do I not plan to be accessible to you at all times, but I don't want you tinkering with my phone!
    02-18-09 03:00 PM
    you are safe then. a BlackBerry Enterprise Server is only used when you want to get you corporate E-mail on your phone, provided you company supports Blackberry. otherwise it doesnt mean anything to you.
    Ah, thanks for the quick reply. I figured I wouldnt be affected but its nice to make sure.

Thanks.
    02-18-09 03:05 PM
    Okay I read thru a few times and did not see the firm answer on this - if I have my Storm on BES and also have my GMAIL setup via BIS (Verizon), are they able to see those emails?

My humble apologies if this was answered already I am trying to be more smarter I swear.
    02-18-09 04:08 PM
    Yea, my friend found this out the hard way. Her boss (who owned the company)was infatuated with her and would make comments regarding her phone calls, i.e. "who were you talking to for forty minutes?" and "oh i see you were on the phone till 4am on Saturday". No joke. Now she has a personal phone, too.
    02-18-09 04:56 PM
    So what if you have a bis account but have a company email on it like pop3 email. Can they see that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 05:02 PM
    Okay I read thru a few times and did not see the firm answer on this - if I have my Storm on BES and also have my GMAIL setup via BIS (Verizon), are they able to see those emails?

My humble apologies if this was answered already I am trying to be more smarter I swear.
    Mark, I run a BES, and can confirm that they can NOT read your gmail emails.

your internet access (gmail) is proxied through your BES, but i dont think they can do a man in the middle snoop,all they would see is the sites your going to.

what is scaries is that the ycan see your sms though i used to talk dirty to my ex girlfriend using sms! lol
    02-18-09 05:04 PM
    Whoops, double post. Sorry.
    02-18-09 05:05 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD