my storm 9530 has warrenty, lets say, after the new storm comes out and the old goes off the market, and my phone gets....*broken* hypothetically would i get a new edition?? my friend did this with the razor, but im wondering if RIM does any thing different than what verizon would do normally? has anyone tried this with other blackberrys?
    05-25-09 12:31 PM
    Im sure they would still give you the original storm, that is ifthey still have it. If not then they give you the equivalent wich would probably be the storm 2
    05-25-09 12:34 PM
    thanks for the reply
    05-25-09 12:39 PM
    It all depends on what is in stock. I for one don't see them running out of Storms and replacing them with the Storm 2... that usually happens when you are well over 1.5-2 years into a phone and have the warranty.

However, if you didn't have insurance you could do the one year upgrade price for the Storm 2.
    05-25-09 03:12 PM
    would anyone happen to know what verizon generally does in terms of stocking old phones?? like if i go in to a store and demand a new phone because i am "very important to my "company"" is there a chance that they would tell me to wait just because they dont have a old storm in stock??,

on another note, will the storm 2 coexist or replace storm 1 because from what i hear they are extremely similar
    05-25-09 04:58 PM
    i've gotten warrentys done on my phones when they were a few years old and i always got what was available now. You could always ask someone at the store, usually they don't care what you do. Its not like they get bonuses for the corp making more money
    05-26-09 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD