Iv tried searching the forum for the answer but have found none ......i have an unlocked storm ive been using with t-mobile for about a week ... i bought it on ebay and the owner said he has had it since they first came out....but i have not had any problems with it YET...its still in new condition but didnt know if somthing goes wrong...would i still be able to get a new one since theres that 1 year warranty??? Really appreciate the help
    02-08-09 07:27 PM
    I don't think the unlock phone will still have 1 year warranty.
    anyone have experience?
    02-08-09 07:29 PM
    No personal experience but all of the unlocking sites and auctions say remote unlock (with the code) it does NOT void your warranty.

There are other ways of unlocking a phone that do, but just inserting the code does not.
    02-08-09 07:52 PM
    My guess is that because you are not the original owner, the 1yr warranty may not apply to you. I did not look at my warranty to see if it only applies to the original owner.

Have you checked to see if you can get insurance?
    02-08-09 08:18 PM
    well i dont have insurance on the phone with t-mobile....but the owner mentioned nothing about the warranty sooo im just really curious bc if somthing goes wrong i dont want to have to play full price for another storm then have to unlock it again thanks for the responces
    02-08-09 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD