Verizon is sending me a replacement Storm under factory warranty. I'm just wondering if they are new service units or if they are rebuilds? Anyone know?
    05-25-09 05:19 PM
    Most likely they will be "Certified Like-New" replacements... a.k.a. refurbished models. Honestly though, they've been better than my Storm when it was brand new.
    05-25-09 05:20 PM
    It'll be a refurb. They don't send out new ones any longer. It took 4 refurbs to get one right for me. I am on my sixth phone all due to screen click. This one is great, as was the last one until after three weeks it stopped clicking entirely.
    05-25-09 05:45 PM
    I got got a brand new one though and I use verizon. ONly took two days after I filed my claim. It was brand new right out the box with 8Gb memory card when they told me over the phone that the memory card was not under warranty.

They said to me that you receive it according to what is in stock at the time. I was lucky I guess...
    05-25-09 05:53 PM
    I got a new one..... It depends on the stock.
    Does not mean that a new one will be any better.

It'll be a refurb. They don't send out new ones any longer. It took 4 refurbs to get one right for me. I am on my sixth phone all due to screen click. This one is great, as was the last one until after three weeks it stopped clicking entirely.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 06:29 PM
    When we get them in the store most all bb's I have run across are within the 30 day WFG. Which leads me to believe that there is nothing wrong with the phone that it is an unsatisfied customer.

We got 4 Storm replacements in 2 Thursdays ago and 3 out of 4 said "no data found" when pulling the ESN. Which means they were considered DOA phones (most likely due to a bad battery) or for some reason the Sales Rep couldn't get them to activate properly. New phone!

The other one was active for 3 days.

People give CLNR a bad rep when really most of the time the phones come back simply bc of something the customer did (i.e forcing the charger in and breaking the port, dropping it, or corrupt file on the memory card).

As far as the click part in the phone being messed up I am willing to bet the 2 middle screws on the back of the phone were over tightened.
    05-25-09 06:54 PM
    There should be
    05-25-09 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD