Hey guys-

I'm on my third Storm since getting my first one about 35 days ago. The first Storm had some SERIOUS software/dust issues and Verizon had no problem replacing it for a new one. The tech I spoke to on the phone actually extended my 30 day warranty and made a note on my account to have any Verizon store replace my phone. The second one had a screen that was coming off so I returned it the next day for a new one, no questions asked. I don't have insurance on my phone and was wondering if anybody knows what happens if I have any other manufacturer problems after the 30 days is up on this Storm...

I ordered an Otterbox a few days ago so it should be here shortly to help against the dust, but I've already been through three phones so the situation has me nervous! I know there's a one year warranty on the phone against all manufacturer defects, but the fact that the tech had to extend my 30 day warranty in order to okay a replacement has me wondering.
    02-21-09 02:54 PM
    do you have insurance on the phone? I don't know what's going on with the manufacturer warranty...any Verizon phone I have ever had I was able to bring back to Verizon for a new one (or like new)...regardless of how long I had the phone.
    02-21-09 03:19 PM
    The thirty day thing is so a store will replace it with stock on hand. Any warranty replacements after thirty days must be ordered and overnighted to you. You have one year against mfr defects. Anything else you need the ins.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 03:40 PM
    ohh ok. kool. thnks for the info too.
    02-21-09 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD