I bought the storm about 2 weeks ago and it lost its click in corners and on some parts of the middle of the screen. I didn't get insurance on the monthly plan when i bought the phone so i was wondering if this is covered by the warranty that came with it, and if i can bring it in for a new storm, also is it possible to add insurance to the monthly plan?
    01-01-09 03:29 PM
    I'm not sure about adding insurance from this point on, probably so, but I'm not sure. In regards to the device, yes call Verizon or take the device back to the store for a replacement. It's still covered under warranty.
    01-01-09 03:33 PM
    You should be able to add insurance anytime you want to - you probably do it at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless rather than having to call. I think I'm paying $5/month for it. You can also cancel it whenever you want. Since it retails for something like $650 I thought it was worth it!
    01-01-09 03:35 PM
    thanks, do you know how long the phone is covered under the warranty that it comes with?
    01-01-09 03:36 PM
    thanks, do you know how long the phone is covered under the warranty that it comes with?
    not offhand, sorry
    01-01-09 03:37 PM
    You can add insurance for up to 14 days from the purchase date. After the 14 days, you can no longer add insurance to the device.
    01-01-09 03:39 PM
    You should be able to add insurance anytime you want to - you probably do it at Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless rather than having to call. I think I'm paying $5/month for it. You can also cancel it whenever you want. Since it retails for something like $650 I thought it was worth it!
    Only within 15 days of activation.
    01-01-09 03:40 PM
    You can add insurance for up to 14 days from the purchase date. After the 14 days, you can no longer add insurance to the device.
    interesting - not what I was told...
    guess I'd see if you can still do it - right away
    01-01-09 03:41 PM
    1 year mfrs warranty. if you bought with an amex, you get 1 additional year of protection. amex also gives you 90 days of coverage against theft, loss, accidents, etc.
    01-01-09 03:41 PM
    First 30 days you should be able to exchange it at a store or over the phone with VZW. The phone itself comes with a 1 yr. manufacturer warranty.
    01-01-09 04:07 PM
    1 yr's MFW comes with every new device, used it a few times myself, lol
    01-01-09 04:09 PM
    interesting - not what I was told...
    guess I'd see if you can still do it - right away
    interesting...I've added insurance on other verizon phones past 14 days of purchase
    01-01-09 04:11 PM
    Has anyone has any luck with the warranties over at Squaretrade?
    01-01-09 04:18 PM
    interesting...I've added insurance on other verizon phones past 14 days of purchase
    not sure if this is a firm policy, but according to the vzw site:

...Verizon Wireless customers can only enroll within 15 days of the following:
    * New account activation with new equipment.
    * Upgrade with new equipment purchase.

Calling Features: Equipment Protection
    01-01-09 04:32 PM
    insurance can only be added within 15 days of the activation, as quoted.

however, if you take your phone to a store and they can determine there's no physical or liquid damage to the device, then it should be replaceable under warranty.
    01-01-09 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD