06-18-10 01:21 PM
31 12
tools
    Hello All,

I have actually upgraded all the way to 2.13 on my Storm 2 and I do not have the advertising banner. With that being said, Crunch SMS is a great app for Verizon Blackberries if for no other reason it allows you to go over the annoying 160 character limit in a totally seamless way. It is fun and easy to use and I have no problem paying $4 for a great functional app. Just my two cents.

If and When the banner shows up I will purchase a license the same way I purchased Quicklaunch and other apps that enhance the blackberry experience.

-KG
    06-10-10 06:04 PM
    i found a zip of v2.10 i'm installing to confirm it...
    I was loving crunch, and I guess I could live with the banner, but since the upgrade, I no longer get my contacts in the application. Would love if someone could post or send the ota for 2.10, and how to downgrade. Contacted Crunch for support, which they have no clue why my contacts no longer work! Even willing to pay the 5 bucks, but not if they can't tell my why this version hosed my contacts.....sigh
    06-11-10 07:46 AM
    Crunch is now Junk .. It's really too bad I found Crunch to be a great answer to SMS .. We'll all just have to wait for the newest "next best thing"

Good Luck
    06-11-10 07:59 AM
    anyone find an earlier version so i can go back??
    06-11-10 08:37 PM
    Ok so the banner finally appeared on my wife's phone. (takes 7 days from a new install). Its not on mine because I just wiped and reloaded the OS last night which starts the "trial period" over.

My opinion after seeing the banner is: SERIOUSLY?! This is what everyone is complaining about? Someone said it took up 1/4 or 1/3 of the screen but that is total BS. It takes up a very small portion of the screen and only in the conversation list. So it covers up one message preview. Wah!

I agree it sucks they added the banner, and its not worth the $4, but its actually not a big deal at all. Certainly not enough to me stop using the program.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 01:17 PM
    Good information i had crunch sms in my device... and i errased it i prefere bbm design at sms.
    06-18-10 01:21 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD