All it does is add a BUY ME banner! They want to stab our backs like that? Seriously? **** that! I'll stick with my free 2.10 version, without your pretty little banners. EFF YOU CRUNCH SMS!
    06-09-10 06:43 PM
    You don't tell me what to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 06:46 PM
    I just posted this in the other Crunch link but i had 2.10 installed and saw the upgrade in the log and so I DL the 2.12 version but I have yet to reboot whic hit requires to complete the install. Anyway i can keep 2.10 at this point?
    06-09-10 06:51 PM
    I have to admit is was pretty shady, although it did state what was included in the update. And, $4.99 for a license ($3.95 today, as "introductory") is completely uncalled for. This is no $5 app, and I'm sure the $1 break is b/c of all the heat they're taking for making this move.

Shame on them.
    06-09-10 08:46 PM
    What am I missing... All testers didn't have to buy rite.I didn't !

06-09-10 08:52 PM
    Didn't know there was an update... but thanks for the heads up!!!
    06-09-10 09:22 PM
    And under release notes it vaguely reports "bug fixes"

Yuck! I didn't love this app in the first place. I don't have an issue if they sell a little ad space at the top of the screen to make some coin but to require a purchase with an update - BOOOOOOOO!

06-09-10 09:57 PM
    Do you have the cods or ota for the 2.11?

06-09-10 10:07 PM
    I'm confused...I downloaded crunch 2 weeks ago and the version in my applications screen says 2.8...

How is the update only at 2.12?
    06-09-10 10:37 PM
    12 is greater than 8 n00b...

06-09-10 11:06 PM
    you don't have to purchase the license fee. i didn't think the space was all that bad but to each's own. keep what you have but don't complain when they offer something better and the app may cost more than what they are asking for today. you never have to use any of the apps that are offered. you could always go back and just use the native sms. I previously used the empower threaded app, paid for it and haven't gotten any updates in months and then I switched to Crunchsms and I like how i can change up my background color along with bubble colors, i like that you can now save messages and delete multiple(you couldn't do this before the update), i also like how it now works with my berrybuzz.
    06-09-10 11:27 PM
    i found a zip of v2.10 i'm installing to confirm it...
    06-09-10 11:35 PM
    Mr1070 can you post an OTA link for it of you confirm it?

Also I just downloaded the new version and did a battery pull. Sent a couple test messages and haven't seen the ad banner yet. Does it not show up all the time?

06-09-10 11:58 PM
    Hey 5 Point 1, thanks for the sarcasm.

Explain to me how 2.12 is mathematically greater than 2.8.

How about you say something like "this is version 2, release 12 and you downloaded version 2, release 8."

So really, I should have downloaded 2.08 (not 2.8) and 2.12 should be the current version.

I just figured this out myself as opposed to you actually explaining your comment to a noob.

Thanks for making this a welcoming forum, 5 point 1. That's so great how you've got so much arrogant pride as a superior BlackBerry owner/user. Pat yourself on the back.
    Last edited by kevs; 06-10-10 at 12:10 AM.
    06-10-10 12:02 AM
    i found a zip of v2.10 i'm installing to confirm it...
    Add my bbm pin:30BBA208

06-10-10 12:29 AM
    If you knew anything about the interwebz, then you would understand n00b! I'm about to make you look really stupid. Get it through your head that the "." is not a decimal point, like in mathematics. Its simply a separator for the software version. What a n00b...

06-10-10 12:30 AM
    What changed in between 2.8 and 2.10? I still have 2.8 and I see no need to upgrade. I'm the kind of guy who believes in "if it aint broke don't fix it" so more numbers doesn't warrant an upgrade unless people report measurable improvements.

06-10-10 01:02 AM
    What changed in between 2.8 and 2.10? I still have 2.8 and I see no need to upgrade. I'm the kind of guy who believes in "if it aint broke don't fix it" so more numbers doesn't warrant an upgrade unless people report measurable improvements.

With 2.9 they added the function that when you highlight a text bubble, the time and date of the text appears at the very top of the screen.

06-10-10 02:53 AM
    Why be a d*ck 5 Point 1? He asked a simple question, mistaken though it may have been.
    06-10-10 06:37 AM
    Chill out people!

06-10-10 06:58 AM
    Instead of bickering, can someone maybe answer my question: I downloaded 2.12 and have been using it and I have yet to see the banner. Does it not show up all the time or did I luck out somehow? And yes I made sure I have v2.12.

06-10-10 10:39 AM
    Instead of bickering, can someone maybe answer my question: I downloaded 2.12 and have been using it and I have yet to see the banner. Does it not show up all the time or did I luck out somehow? And yes I made sure I have v2.12.

You lucked out...
    06-10-10 12:31 PM
    I didn't upgrade from an earlier version as I had never used crunch before (I really like it) so this was a brand new install from AppWorld. I wonder of that had something to do with it. Or maybe there is a trial period afterwhich the banner will appear.

I'm NOT complaining, I'm just a curious person.

06-10-10 01:21 PM
    Personally, I know very little about developing apps (especially JAVA), and when I tried to do so...I failed miserably. My point being... THIS APP IS STILL FREE...and I have no problem with them asking to be compensated for their hard work. SHADY way of introducing the banner? YES. But, the fact remains... If you want to register, you can...if not, then don't. I too, had the empower sms...and when I upgraded from a Storm 1 to S2, they pretty much told me to go F myself, and to pay for it all over again. That's when I found Crunch. So I think I'll stick with it.
    06-10-10 01:58 PM
    Just noticed v2.13 is now available:
    Version 2.13
    10 June 2010
    You can now copy an entire conversation to the clipboard - neat!
    Customize conversation options now appear properly, even with larger font sizes.
    Ignore voicemail messages from 333 and 44601, and messages with "NEW VMAIL" in them.

I want the upgrade for the additional blocked voicemail messages and the fix for the "Customize Conversation" menu, but I'm not going to upgrade. I'm at v2.12 with NO banner so far, so I'm sticking. If the banner somehow appears, then I'll upgrade.

If anyone is brave enough to upgrade to v2.13, let us know if it offers any real changes/improvements.
    06-10-10 05:54 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD