I am on .141/5.0 hybrid and don't have this problem, thank goodness. Feel sorry for those that do. Sometimes it's really annoying for clients who you know don't like too many e-mails.
    05-06-09 01:40 PM
    I have .141, VZ BIS, delivery receipts are being sent
    05-06-09 02:10 PM
    so i'm still confused as to how the "read/delivery" reciept is OS related vs. BIS/BES related. or even email provider related?
    Because it would be the phone sending the recept

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 02:23 PM
    Because it would be the phone sending the recept

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    the phone doesn't "send" anything, the BIS servers create them based on settings between the BIS profile and the email acct.

to clarify "sending"

nothing goes from point A (your phone) to point B (another email acct)...they go from your phone (A) through the carrier's network (B) to BIS servers (C) to your email provider's servers (D), to the reciepien'ts email provider's servers (E) at minium. if there were notifications being created, they'd most likely come from C or D.
    05-06-09 02:29 PM
    I'm using a storm running .141 with BIS, and don't have this bug, as others have reported.

Tested by sending a message with return receipt from the pc to a different account on the blackberry, opened the message, no receipt was generated.
    05-06-09 02:34 PM
    its possible that the incoming message is requesting the read recipt also, didn't think of that in my scenario before. but the settings in your BIS profile and email service provider's profile should override any request of a read/delievery notification.
    05-06-09 02:57 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD