Ok, I'm currently in the market for a Storm 2. With OS 6 coming out soon I wanna be able to play with it, plus, I miss the **** out of my Storm 2 sometimes. Granted I do love the **** out of my Droid too.

Anyways, i was wondering if y'all can help me with a question I've been trying to find the answer to. I wanna know if there is a way I can switch between the two phones at will, with the same number, without having to pay some sort of fee.

Any thoughts?
    04-28-10 02:44 AM
    Not sure if there is a switching fee or not, I've not heard of one, but you might want to post this in the "Ask a Verizon Rep" thread. Should get a quick answer there.
    04-28-10 02:59 AM
    Can't you just pull the sim card and put it in the other phone?
    04-28-10 03:52 AM
    >.<

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

04-28-10 03:59 AM
    Not through Verizon can this be done, (GSM at&t phones on the other hand...) I believe you have to call up Verizon and have them reactivate the Storm 2 but there will be an activation fee invovled...
    04-28-10 07:03 AM
    Can't you just dial *228 with the S2 and activate the phone? You enter in your number, an then the account password I believe. Idk but that's how I activated the last 2 refurbished S2's I received.

No idea if there is a fee involved,
    04-28-10 07:23 AM
    I was wondering the same thing. I think the sim card is only for when the phone is used as a GLOBAL phone on a GMS network. Since CDMA runs off the phone itself, I don't think it can be done, but like you, I want to run the new BOLD coming out along with my S2.
    04-28-10 08:15 AM
    verizon does not charge a fee for this. You should be able to do it by dialing *228 and follow the prompts, or you can go sign in to your online account and do it. If the 2 above dont work, call in and tell them it wont do it the above 2 ways and they will do it free.
    04-28-10 08:23 AM
    The only thing you would need to do is change the data plan on the phone, BlackBerry devices would need to be provisioned with the BlackBerry Personal/Corp data package vs the standard Internet plan.

Once this change is done, you would need to reactivate the phone using the *228, option 1.

Or, just call into Verizon and say you need to do a ESN swap, they will add the Berry data plan and take off the standard internet plan.
    04-28-10 09:34 AM
    go online for your ESN change.
    04-28-10 09:38 AM
    Can't you just dial *228 with the S2 and activate the phone? You enter in your number, an then the account password I believe. Idk but that's how I activated the last 2 refurbished S2's I received.

No idea if there is a fee involved,
    that is all you need to do there is no fee i switch between several phones that i enjoy all the time
    04-28-10 09:48 AM
    No fee. Go to your my Verizon select the activate phone link and swap Esn's. Its too easy.

04-28-10 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD