PlanetFeedback: Voice of One, Power of Many

I believe I suggested this in another thread at some point, but I think it deserves it's own thread. Planet Feedback is a website that has a comprehensive database of customer service email addresses. They also list the top companies that are responsive to the feedback they provide. Verizon Wireless is listed at number 2.

I have used this website several times, and have been rather impressed with the results. My last experience with Verizon came after I purchased my Storm. I was allowed to use my NE2 credit to purchase my phone. I was hoping that VZW would allow my wife to upgrade to a Curve a month early, since her NE2 did not roll around until the end of December. There were multiple reports floating around the net of VZW allowing customers to upgrade early. I checked with reps at 3 different stores, 2 told me it was impossible, and 1 told me it could only be done a week early. I sent a letter to VZW using planet feedback, and explained that I was confused as to why some people were being allowed to upgrade using their NE2, and others were being told it was not possible. I explained that we were not only purchasing new phones, but upgrading our plans by $60 a month with the BES plan required with blackberry devices. I was polite, but tried to express my frustration at the inconsistancy the company was showing.

I was contacted the next morning a CSR with a fancy title (Customer Relations Executive or something like that). She was extremely helpful, noted that we have been customers for many years, always paid our bill, and then informed me that my wife's Curve was being shipped out today! I asked her if it was too late to get the pink one like she wanted, and was told that she would change the order immediately. The same CSR even called back a few days after the phone arrived to make sure that we had received the Curve, and were satisfied with our experience.

I have found that getting a truly educated customer service rep can be a real challenge sometimes. Planetfeedback.com did a great job of getting my concern to someone who was capable and willing to help me. I can't remember where I heard it, but I read somewhere that VZW has at least one person dedicated to keeping up with the emails generated from the users of planet feedback.

Just thought that some of you who have been frustrated with your in-store experiences might have more success trying this route.
    01-25-09 05:08 AM
    I've used planetfeedback before as well and have had relatively good luck, although when I've wrote a few companies to compliment service I have never heard back, weird huh?
    01-25-09 05:27 AM
    Whenever I have written a complaint letter, and the issue has been addressed, I always take a minute to write a follow-up compliment letter, and have yet to receive a response to those.

Someone taking the time to write a letter of compliment is rather rare these days, so I am sure that someone is reading them!
    01-25-09 06:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD