Ok, so I have been using Windows Mobile for the past 4-5 years, and I love it. Had a blackberry, but I missed my touch screen, so I stuck with my Treo 700wx. Now that there is a touch screen (storm) I think Im ready to switch, couple of questions though.

1) I love the fact that all my appointments are on my main screen. I can see my appointments whenever i turn on my phone, and i like that. I know I can set reminders with any phone, but I like how it displays my appointments right there on the main screen. Are there any apps that do something similar? I have used a storm several times, but didn't notice anything similar.

2) Being in college, money is tight. For verizon, I see that the Data & Email is 29.99 a month. Does that include Unlimited Text messages? If I had to include my text message plan, then that would be another 10-15 dollars a month, and that's a deal breaker for me.

Any input would be appreciated, Thank-you in advance.
    05-17-09 11:24 PM
    yeah you have to add the unlimited texting plan. i dropped texting all together just so i could keep the storm
    05-17-09 11:34 PM
    1. There are many themes that offer what you're looking for.
    2. I'm afraid that it doesn't include texting, sorry.
    05-17-09 11:38 PM
    1. Just got my Storm and looking for the same thing. Looks like a 'today' theme will do the trick but I'm trying to research any that are easy on memory leak. I hate having to add 3rd party programs for stuff like this that should be standard on a PDA phone but with the WinMo phones you couldn't even tell if you had a text, vm or email without digging through a few key clicks.

2. I just upgraded and lost my 2000 texts for free each month. Sucked but I did some looking and, right now, I use less than 250 texts/month so I'm just going with the $5/mo plan. If you text alot then you should get the $10 or $15/mo plan. Or you could always go with an unlimited plan that includes everything but that is WAYYY expensive unless you use the heck out of your minutes and the other stuff.

Still getting used to the Storm after 1.5 days but not too bad so far. Glad I made the change!

g'luck!

Jay
    05-18-09 05:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD