im new to this forum . and i am getting the storm very soon and have been looking around this forum for a while now.

just thought id share.

i went to walmart this weekend and i went up to the cell phone little desk and was playing around with iphone as my friend shopped around. the guy quickly asked me if he could help me. i said "ive been looking around at phones and going to upgrade to storm just playing with iphone" then he gets really angry faced and starts saying things like. "the storm is a cheap iphone immitation" ."its the worst blackberry ever" ."its not a real touch screen"

so he whipped out his iphone and showed me wat a "real" touch screen phone was like and then i just showed him my voyager (not that i really like the voyager lol just thought id show him a touch screen phone... and that i knew what it was) lol and showed him that i knew that the storm was clickable and not a pure touch screen. he quickly stuttered and stuff. i just walked away and laughed.
    02-16-09 12:06 AM
    sounds like he had as agenda...
    02-16-09 12:15 AM
    Does walmart get paid in Iphone commission? That's just great customer service...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 12:21 AM
    I like the iPhone better than the Storm. Although for some reason I like the Curve better than the iPhone at times haha. Simplicity is nice sometimes. Although no one has really touched the iPhone's web browsing capabilities (except maybe the Tilt)
    02-16-09 12:29 AM
    I just spent the last hr attempting to prevent myself from screaming in pain while I

• Updated my gf's iTunes
    • Updated my gf's iPhone firmware
    • Updated my gf's iPhone carrier settings
    • Updated my gf's music library with my mp3 collection

That's an hour more than I've ever wanted to handle an Apple product. Coverflow: Nice. Tolerance for anything not sold by Apple, branded with an Apple logo or provides profit to Apple in someway: Crime Against Humanity.

Thankfully, that's her phone and so long as she likes it I'm happy. That's the phone for her. The Storm is the phone for me
    02-16-09 12:42 AM
    You should have said...

"If it were a cheap iPhone imitation then it would look like an iPhone,it would have a "real" touch screen, it would have limited built-in memory, it would have a non replaceable battery, it would not record video, it would have a lousy camera, it would not be able to send or receive MMS, it would not have stereo bluetooth support (or even decent non stereo BT support for that matter), and it would require you to join the snooty Apple club.

Seriously though, who would be dumb enough to take advice from the electronics guy at Wal-Mart? Yesterday he was flipping burgers and today he's the manager of the Wal-Mart electronics department! LOL!
    02-16-09 01:15 AM
    You should have said...

"If it were a cheap iPhone imitation then it would look like an iPhone,it would have a "real" touch screen, it would have limited built-in memory, it would have a non replaceable battery, it would not record video, it would have a lousy camera, it would not be able to send or receive MMS, it would not have stereo bluetooth support (or even decent non stereo BT support for that matter), and it would require you to join the snooty Apple club.

Seriously though, who would be dumb enough to take advice from the electronics guy at Wal-Mart? Yesterday he was flipping burgers and today he's the manager of the Wal-Mart electronics department! LOL!
    When it comes to the iPhone, people feel what they feel - whether we think its valid or not. As far as flipping burgers or being a manager- its called employment- no matter how much fun you make of it!

02-16-09 01:24 AM
    Well, I didn't think a Walmart electronics guy would need a BlackBerry anyway.
    02-16-09 05:12 AM
    Well, I didn't think a Walmart electronics guy would need a BlackBerry anyway.
    LOL! walmart isn't the nicest CS. i asked for help one time and she just walked away . False advertisement!
    02-16-09 05:18 AM
    I went to one where it was truly the only option for the entire town to shop. No wonder they were so uppity

02-16-09 05:54 AM
    As far as flipping burgers or being a manager- its called employment- no matter how much fun you make of it!

In this economy...AMEN!!!
    02-16-09 06:14 AM
    It's not a matter of making fun of anyone who works at Walmart, but the reality is that many and more of the people who work in that store's various departments haven't got the foggiest clue when it comes to the product they're supposed to be selling. I once called the electronics department at two Walmart stores near me to ask if they had Wii in stock, only to find neither of the people I spoke to knew what Wii was!

I really wouldn't put any faith in what a Walmart electronics associate says about anything electronic, to be honest, because tomorrow they could be managing the sporting goods department and the week after that it could be lawn and garden. They don't often have expertise in the areas in which they work.

Last edited by SpicytacoTO; 02-16-09 at 06:20 AM.
    02-16-09 06:18 AM
    Everyone has their own opinion. Just get what you want.
    02-16-09 06:28 AM
    Never listen to walmart/bestbuy/ any big box store employee, for the most part.

I had a bestbuy guy try to tell me that the applecare warranty sucked...
    02-16-09 06:30 AM
    A friend of mine loved his Iphone until I started talking about my Curve, now he is wanting a BB Bold. Need I say more? BBerry is the best i have ever owned and most of my friends with bb's agree and can't stand Iphones. And don't depend on associates at WalMart for anything, the guy that was running the phone down probably has his own opinion so do the research and make the decision because when it's said and done, you have to deal with it daily.
    02-16-09 06:37 AM
    When it comes to the iPhone, people feel what they feel - whether we think its valid or not. As far as flipping burgers or being a manager- its called employment- no matter how much fun you make of it!

I don't have anything against flipping burgers. In fact, I may be doing it soon with the direction the economy has been going. I was just saying that the guy at Wal-Mart may not exactly be a phone expert.

And SpicytacoTO was right. The department managers in Wal-Mart have not been department managers of any specific department for very long. Wal-Mart intentionally moves the department managers between departments so they get experience in all of them. They hardly ever stay in a department long enough to actually master what they are selling. That said, Wal-Mart's vary greatly and not all employees in all stores are trained the same. I have nothing against Wal-Mart...they paid my bills for 4 years (I worked with them, not for them) and my experience with them was almost entirely positive. I just don't take product advice from their employees. That goes for Best Buy or any other big box store too.

BTW, I witnessed something funny in a Fred Meyer recently. Some guy asked a lady who works there where he could find the light bulbs. Her answer was "on the light bulb aisle." So helpful...lol!
    02-16-09 12:03 PM
    Yeah. His expert opinion is invaluable.

Pssh. He is an employee at America's foremost sweatshop.
    02-16-09 07:02 PM
    im new to this forum . and i am getting the storm very soon and have been looking around this forum for a while now.

just thought id share.

i went to walmart this weekend and i went up to the cell phone little desk and was playing around with iphone as my friend shopped around. the guy quickly asked me if he could help me. i said "ive been looking around at phones and going to upgrade to storm just playing with iphone" then he gets really angry faced and starts saying things like. "the storm is a cheap iphone immitation" ."its the worst blackberry ever" ."its not a real touch screen"

so he whipped out his iphone and showed me wat a "real" touch screen phone was like and then i just showed him my voyager (not that i really like the voyager lol just thought id show him a touch screen phone... and that i knew what it was) lol and showed him that i knew that the storm was clickable and not a pure touch screen. he quickly stuttered and stuff. i just walked away and laughed.
    Wow. You should be very proud of yourself. What are you 15 years old? Wait you have a Voyager...you must be a 15 year old girl.
    02-16-09 07:12 PM
    Wow. You should be very proud of yourself. What are you 15 years old? Wait you have a Voyager...you must be a 15 year old girl.
    And your maturity is just shining bright in this post huh? Pot meet kettle?

02-16-09 07:18 PM
    And your maturity is just shining bright in this post huh? Pot meet kettle?

Why? Because I am calling him/her for being a tool? Give me a break. You people make these posts complaining about anyone who says a bad word about the Storm...like they are nuts for pointing out the device has serious issues.
    02-16-09 07:24 PM
    Wow, you're so smart.

So, what's your point?
    Point is that the original poster should not be all high on himself because he out-smartted a Wal-Mart empoyee about the Storm.
    02-16-09 07:27 PM
    So your stroking your e-peen by trying to be cool for calling him a 15yr old tool?

02-16-09 07:33 PM
    Point is that the original poster should not be all high on himself because he out-smartted a Wal-Mart empoyee about the Storm.
    Yeah he must be smartt.

No SMRT.

Wait I've got it, smart.
    02-16-09 07:33 PM
    Dude works at Walmart.

Dude shouldn't even be asked advice on how to turn on a phone, let alone which one is better.
    02-20-09 12:24 PM

Yes, The Same Could Be Said About Storm Owners.

They Even Turn on Fellow BlackBerry Users.

And as Far as the Other User Complaining About Updating itunes and iPhones and such within an Hour-

You Should Be Happy For Her.

At Least She Has An OS Update.
    02-20-09 03:08 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD