Anyone here in the Boston area planning on waiting on line for the storm?

I'm planning on being at the burlington location, early!
    11-19-08 09:20 AM
    Too bad the launch didnt happen last week....there is a 25-30 degree difference! Brrrrrrrrrrr
    11-19-08 09:23 AM
    Anyone here in the Boston area planning on waiting on line for the storm?

I'm planning on being at the burlington location, early!
    I was going to be right there with you in Burlington or Reading, but decided to order via telesales yesterday. I won't get mine until Saturday, but I don't have to wait in line or battle the unkowledgable salespeople either.

Good luck. I'll be curious to hear how it goes for you.
    11-19-08 09:26 AM
    I was going to be right there with you in Burlington or Reading, but decided to order via telesales yesterday. I won't get mine until Saturday, but I don't have to wait in line or battle the unkowledgable salespeople either.

Good luck. I'll be curious to hear how it goes for you.
    Saturday? You're crazy!
    11-19-08 09:36 AM
    Saturday? You're crazy!
    It will probably be the longest 24 hours for me watching all the new posts of people with their Storms. The Fed Ex guy is probably going to think I have a thing for him when he sees how happy I am too see him and am greeting him at the door before he can ring the door bell.
    11-19-08 09:39 AM
    Ill be at the Reading location... Dont think too many ppl even know about that one so hopefully there will be no line.
    11-19-08 09:40 AM
    Ill be at the Reading location... Dont think too many ppl even know about that one so hopefully there will be no line.
    This is the store that I have called a couple of times this week for info. They took my info down before I ordered through telesales and said they would call me later in the week when they figure out how many phones they will have and how they will dsitribute them. I am still waiting to hear from them, but I will try to remember to post it here if they get back to me.

I think you are correct about it being little known. I only found it by searching for stores close to my work.
    11-19-08 10:01 AM
    Livefit - keep us informed!
    11-20-08 12:25 PM
    The Reading store has yet to call me. I think I am content with my order from telesales, but I did e-mail her last night with a question or two and have yet to hear back. This whole thing is making me a little nervous. I thin I may reconsider going to Burlington or Reading tomorrow morning on my way to work??

Has anyone heard anything substantial from either location about availability???
    11-20-08 12:29 PM
    yes, I was in the Reading store yesterday afternoon.

A retail sales rep explained to me that will not have much stock at all if any on Friday. They are still planning on opening early but they will be signing people up for overnight delivery, and they anticipate an unhappy crowd. They said they would have 2 demos available though.

She took down my information and explained that I will be overnighted my Storm. She also said she couldn't confirm if this meant Saturday or Monday.

I am very interested to find out if I was told the truth. If you plan on going to Reading, please provide an update when you return. Good luck.
    11-20-08 12:34 PM
    yes, I was in the Reading store yesterday afternoon.

A retail sales rep explained to me that will not have much stock at all if any on Friday. They are still planning on opening early but they will be signing people up for overnight delivery, and they anticipate an unhappy crowd. They said they would have 2 demos available though.

She took down my information and explained that I will be overnighted my Storm. She also said she couldn't confirm if this meant Saturday or Monday.

I am very interested to find out if I was told the truth. If you plan on going to Reading, please provide an update when you return. Good luck.
    Will do. Ideally I could update this tomorrow morning from my new Storm, but that is looking a little unlikely. At this point even my Fed Ex on Saturday doesn't seem guaranteed.
    11-20-08 12:37 PM
    25 units at Reading store. I was told to get in line at 7:45am to get a ticket. First come, first served. Thanks, but no thanks. I will just wait for Fed Ex on Saturday. If anyone of the Boston people go, let me know how it works out.
    11-20-08 04:31 PM
    Reading only received 10 for sale this AM. They are now saying some of the promised pre-orders won't be overnighted and won't arrive until mid next week.
    11-21-08 11:15 AM
    My roomate and I went to the Chestnut Hill store, passing it at 6 AM and waiting at the store from 6:15 to 8. We were #2 and #3 online and got out phones...they deff didn't have enough for all the people on line, people were throwing around numbers from 20-60 but they only guaranteed phones to the first 20

I'm loving it so far!
    11-21-08 11:52 AM
    My roomate and I went to the Chestnut Hill store, passing it at 6 AM and waiting at the store from 6:15 to 8. We were #2 and #3 online and got out phones...they deff didn't have enough for all the people on line, people were throwing around numbers from 20-60 but they only guaranteed phones to the first 20

I'm loving it so far!
    you're lucky you got there early, when I got there at 8:30am I was about #40 in line. their systems crashed around 11am. they treated it like first come, first serve so I thought I had no chance since the manager told me they only had 40. when I got to the front of the line, the rep I had pre-ordered mine with actually had held mine in the back. made out with 3 after a 2 hour wait.
    11-21-08 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD