Hello,

Should I wait for Blackberry Storm or get Curve 8330 under Verizon? it will be my first time using Blackberry.

I cannot decide if i want to wait for the Storm or get 8330 tmw because Im sick n tired of my Piece of **** LG env.. Giving me problems.

When will the Storm be release???

Thanks
    09-25-08 08:08 AM
    You know its all in what you want. Do you want a touch screen Berry or do you want to be able to feel your keyboard when you type. I personally am still in the air on this as I don't know how I feel about touch screen devices in general. I think RIM wont disappoint us with a good berry. So I would wait for the Storm to launch (some time in November) and head to your VZW store and play with both, as you have a 30 day "test drive".
    09-25-08 08:15 AM
    You will at least have to wait for another month and a half. No official date yet. All the rumors are pointing to to later November and early December. Storm is the BB that's worth waiting for. Just be patient.
    09-25-08 08:16 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!!

First of all, rumors say by November 1 for the storm, although this is not confirmed, so can you deal with your env for that long?

Second, if you are into the touch screen thing, (iphone, dare, voyager) then you would probably want to wait. The only nice feature in my opinion that the curve has is actual keys.

It's all a matter of personal opinion and how your patience are fairing!
    09-25-08 08:18 AM
    I would just wait man. The curve 8330 is going to be old hat real soon. Wait for one of any of the new BB's that is comming out. 8900, 9000, 9500 series are all going to make you wish you didn't jump the gun and buy that old curve.
    09-25-08 08:27 AM
    You can certainly do a 30 day trial of the 8330 after you find out the exactly official release date of the storm. The physical keyboard really matters a lot to most users. But the on screen keyboard is fine too once you master it. I once thought the sure type on the Pearl was difficult and slow, but I've seen people typing faster than using the Curve.
    09-25-08 08:27 AM
    Yea, i like the touch screen.. My brother have Iphone and i dont like because the keypad are too small and too complicating.. So I guess Im gonna wait for the Storm. Hopefully it will be out by November!!!
    09-25-08 08:30 AM
    any idea how much the Storm will run?
    09-25-08 08:48 AM
    We don't have a clue as to pricing at the moment - everything at this point is speculation.

As far as any official word on a release date, we do know that it will hit Verizon this year, more than likely. Other than that........
    09-25-08 08:59 AM
    I would definitely wait it out. The Storm will be out by November 1st, most likely, and if you have a Curve, you're gonna feel left out.
    09-25-08 11:53 AM
    i have the curve and have about waited out my 30 day trial, i'm sending it back first thing in the morning and waiting on the storm so i can retain my ne2.

my gut tells me this device will not be more than 199 (iPhone price with 2 yr contract) and that makes it 99 bucks for me. for the 99 price tag and the features i would gain over the curve it simply makes sense to go ahead and wait in my mind.

i love the curve but i do use a good bit of multimedia and it is behind on many key points, most importantly the storm will have rev A which is just plain stupid fast speed. stream a movie on your phone? can do with rev A!
    09-25-08 07:45 PM
    Get the Storm, use it for a while, if you don't like, find someone to trade to it to for a Curve and some cash. You should come out a little ahead. If it costs you 199, you could probably get someone's Curve PLUS the 199, or more.

Great Idea?
    09-25-08 07:58 PM
    Get the Storm, use it for a while, if you don't like, find someone to trade to it to for a Curve and some cash. You should come out a little ahead. If it costs you 199, you could probably get someone's Curve PLUS the 199, or more.

Great Idea?
    exactly! i'm not convinced i'll like the touch screen but i know i can get out of it and back into a curve if i so decide.
    09-25-08 08:20 PM
    No doubt about it, you should wait. It will be more than worth the wait. What's a few more weeks?
    09-25-08 09:52 PM
    Definitely wait it out. If you give in and get the Curve (which is unbelievable!) you might kick yourself in the arse when the Storm comes out...
    09-25-08 11:31 PM
    Lol, well I feel silly since I just got my curve, but I only paid 50 buck for it out of pocket with new every two and a rebate, can beat that.

Im sure Ill have a storm in 2 years and we will be braggin about the newest BB, and Ill be braggin about how cheap I got my storm for.

BP
    09-27-08 01:17 AM
    Yea, i like the touch screen.. My brother have Iphone and i dont like because the keypad are too small and too complicating.. So I guess Im gonna wait for the Storm. Hopefully it will be out by November!!!
    If you like the Iphone I would definitely wait for the Storm.
    09-27-08 01:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD