Well im upgrading either monday or when the new storm/ thunder comes out. i just wanted to know any suggestions. im not getting the niagara. it sounds stupid. but i just want to know any suggestions and comments on the current storm and the new proclaimed storm coming in september
    04-11-09 08:58 PM
    If u r a gadget freak get the storm now because when the the 4g comes out next year just few months after u get your storm 2, storm 3 with 4g capability would probably come out. Then you are going to sulk about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 09:07 PM
    If u r a gadget freak get the storm now because when the the 4g comes out next year just few months after u get your storm 2, storm 3 with 4g capability would probably come out. Then you are going to sulk about it.

True that so i guess ill wait for the 4g to come out which is prob the finals of 2010 just in time for my other upgrade lol
    04-11-09 09:09 PM
    There's really no confirmed date for Storm 2, so you could be waiting a while.

04-11-09 09:09 PM
    i was pondering the same deal but i decided i am just gonna get the storm on thursday and if the storm 2 comes out and i am at a year to upgrade i will upgrade if not i will wait until april of 2011 to get a new phone whatever out by then
    04-11-09 09:15 PM
    There will always be something better. I say live for the moment and get whatever you want now. The Storm is not a bad device. It's a tinkers dream.
    04-11-09 09:21 PM
    Same thing to debate with any product cycle. I doubt the phone hits any earlier then Jan 2010 almost half a contract away. Seems like a waste of time better spent enjoying current storm.

04-11-09 11:31 PM
    There will always be something better. I say live for the moment and get whatever you want now. The Storm is not a bad device. It's a tinkers dream.
    Quoted for truth. I love having the flexibility to tweak my phone's OS like a PC.
    04-11-09 11:57 PM
    Quoted for truth. I love having the flexibility to tweak my phone's OS like a PC.
    Me too. It'll turn you into a true Crackberrian. I love that word. First time I said it my mum thought I was doing crack.
    04-12-09 12:03 AM
    "Thunder" was the code name for the Storm you are currently using, not the Storm 2. The pictures you see in those ads were guesstimations of what this phone would look like.

The Storm 2 has never actually been seen or pictures leaked, despite what has been discussed here on CB.

04-12-09 02:07 AM
    Why wait? Anytime you get a new gadget, something better will come out.

On a side note, the Thunder was the original Storm.
    04-12-09 02:13 AM
    Get the Storm now! It's an awesome and groundbreaking device!

04-12-09 02:19 AM
    Get the Storm now. Get its replacement 6 months or so after it is introduced and the bugs are worked out.

There will AWAYS be another better phone on the drawing board. You'd expect your next phone to be better than your current phone. If you waited for all the improvements that were promised, you'd actually never get anything new.

What if the replacement is delayed and you can't get it for a year from now? You'd already be able to upgrade economically. But, you still might want to wait until it is out a few months.
    04-12-09 03:18 AM
    Well im upgrading either monday or when the new storm/ thunder comes out. i just wanted to know any suggestions. im not getting the niagara. it sounds stupid. but i just want to know any suggestions and comments on the current storm and the new proclaimed storm coming in september
    if you dont care about niagra i say wait a month then get storm whether its new or not... i have a storm and personally i am waiting for niagra... not a big touch screen person after all the **** i had to go through with this crap.
    04-12-09 03:35 AM
    Get the storm and before you do anything else, wipe it and install .113. Have loader and JL_Cmder open and idling. Have that OS pre-shrink. Plug in your storm and go to town.

04-12-09 06:52 AM
    I would wait. What's the hurry?

04-12-09 07:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD