I was speaking regarding the OS
    05-17-10 12:05 AM
    Once again... What are the so called super duper qualities that apple and android have over a blackberry besides a fast OS?

Somebody please enlighten me..
    You kidding me? How about the ability for developers to develop apps without having to jump through hoops. Why do you think SkyFire discontinued work on a browser for BlackBerry? RIM makes it incredibly hard for developers to develop apps. That's a huge issue.

In addition, why are there many companies that develop apps only for Apple and Android? It's because their platforms are easy to develop for. BlackBerry is losing out in the apps market, and if they don't do something relatively soon, they will lose out on their customers being loyal. People don't want only a business phone now; they want entertainment and apps. That's something RIM barely provides.
    Last edited by Lil Blackk; 05-17-10 at 12:37 AM.
    05-17-10 12:34 AM
    I dont understand some of you who are not happy so far with the way 6.0 looks..

What exactly are you wanting the app to do? Think before you and make your selection on the phone before you touch it?

As long as the phone is fast no lag, better browser and gadgets, I'm happy and so should you
    You're insinuating that if you're happy, everyone else should be too. How ignorant.
    05-17-10 12:39 AM
    Yeah, no hoops to jump thru developing apps for Apple
    True...but I think you know what I'm talking about - referring to RIM not offering as many solutions that Apple and Android provide to developers. However RIM has recently tried offer more software to develop apps. We'll see in the next few quarters where they decide to go. BlackBerry 6 more than likely plays a role in it all.
    Last edited by Lil Blackk; 05-17-10 at 01:41 AM.
    05-17-10 01:37 AM
    Kinda like developing for the 360 easier than the ps3 its always being said. But only reason I ever went blackberry was because verizon strips down all their brew phones of their own factory features and os's and writes their own crappy pos os on them and the 8330 at the time I decided to switch had so much freedom. Yea those phones have more apps but I'm used to the bb os if I was on att I would be iphone or htc on tmo right now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-10 01:42 AM
    Kinda like developing for the 360 easier than the ps3 its always being said. But only reason I ever went blackberry was because verizon strips down all their brew phones of their own factory features and os's and writes their own crappy pos os on them and the 8330 at the time I decided to switch had so much freedom. Yea those phones have more apps but I'm used to the bb os if I was on att I would be iphone or htc on tmo right now

ah, I don't think Verizon writes BB's OS's...
    05-17-10 02:13 AM
    OK so iphone android has more apps.. So what.

My question still remains unanswered regarding the major differences in the OS...
    Also I hear most iphone Android uses complain about security and Email.

Once again... What are the so called super duper qualities that apple and android have over a blackberry besides a fast OS?

Somebody please enlighten me..
    05-17-10 02:46 AM
    Android
    better browsers (it has atleast 5 that you can use and they are smooth as silk)

sense UI, the user experience is taking up a notch beyond anything else out there.

Memory management, it moves around more than a BB but never has issues with it causing the need for a reboot. Actually you NEVER have to reboot it really

Like you said its fast, well its alot smoother in many ways too. the scrolling is much better than a BB

hardware has alot to do with it, but BBs still arent getting 1 ghz processor this time around either.

There are many things a BB does better to though, each platform has pluses and minuses. but android can compete with the apple fanboys much easier and has a good chance of taking a huge chunk out of the sales. then again, that is the market the phone is being sold to where the BB is not so much in that market
    05-17-10 02:59 AM
    Besides the browser, everything is really minor, and nothing justifies the claim that Android is �light years ahead� like we hear so often.

05-17-10 05:23 AM
    I'm still on the fence about 6.0... I remember when the talk was heavy about 5.0 and I thought there would be no more 4.7 leaks... We were right... The way I saw it was even though we got a glimpse into things to come, NOTHING worked right for a month or 2... All I really wanted was a stable OS...

With the current situation, I have a stable OS now... Would I like another 5.0 leak? SURE! However, if 6.0 drops I will load it, if I don't like it I have something stable to return to...
    05-17-10 08:20 AM
    I'm still on the fence about 6.0... I remember when the talk was heavy about 5.0 and I thought there would be no more 4.7 leaks... We were right... The way I saw it was even though we got a glimpse into things to come, NOTHING worked right for a month or 2... All I really wanted was a stable OS...

With the current situation, I have a stable OS now... Would I like another 5.0 leak? SURE! However, if 6.0 drops I will load it, if I don't like it I have something stable to return to...
    IMO, any software with a ZERO at the end of the version number, is going to be in need of update ASAP.
    05-17-10 11:35 AM
    ...Memory management, it moves around more than a BB but never has issues with it causing the need for a reboot. Actually you NEVER have to reboot it really..
    never have to reboot? tell that to my incredible which needs its...

- when in web browser, clicking on links stop working...

trying to reply to a thread in a forum, type it out and hit the post button and nothing... try to comment on a photo on facebook, click the button to submit... nothing...

I got an email of a Facebook friend request with a link to click to confirm. I clicked it, it took me to Facebook but with a blank body. No matter where I tried to navigate, links I clicked, it didn't help. Clicking on the link for "full site" at the bottom didn't take me to the full site.

Again, a reboot was needed to restore functionality. After power off/on clicking the link in the email took me right to the confirm/ignore the friend request. The full site link worked, etc.

One night when I picked up my incredible and went to use it... it kept scrolling from pane to pane on the home screens.. by it self! attempts to click/tap an icon, to using the home button, etc all failed. I had to turn it off, then back on to fix. others have reported seeing this too
    05-17-10 12:16 PM
    ...Honestly, the video for 6.0 was a joke. It doesn't look like we're going to be going leaps and bounds forward with this update.
    Anyone who thinks that this new OS is going to be revolutionary is in for a big disappointment.
    I agree.

On the surface, what I can see in that video and the video caps out there... OS6 seems to be to OS5, what OS5 was to 4.7/4.6.

Not revolutionary, just maybe a little evolutionary...
    05-17-10 12:20 PM
    never have to reboot? tell that to my incredible which needs its...

- when in web browser, clicking on links stop working...

trying to reply to a thread in a forum, type it out and hit the post button and nothing... try to comment on a photo on facebook, click the button to submit... nothing...

I got an email of a Facebook friend request with a link to click to confirm. I clicked it, it took me to Facebook but with a blank body. No matter where I tried to navigate, links I clicked, it didn't help. Clicking on the link for "full site" at the bottom didn't take me to the full site.

Again, a reboot was needed to restore functionality. After power off/on clicking the link in the email took me right to the confirm/ignore the friend request. The full site link worked, etc.

One night when I picked up my incredible and went to use it... it kept scrolling from pane to pane on the home screens.. by it self! attempts to click/tap an icon, to using the home button, etc all failed. I had to turn it off, then back on to fix. others have reported seeing this too
    Wrong forum.

05-17-10 12:23 PM
    I agree.

On the surface, what I can see in that video and the video caps out there... OS6 seems to be to OS5, what OS5 was to 4.7/4.6.

Not revolutionary, just maybe a little evolutionary...
    That's the while point. Why would RIM completely change the UI that sells so well for them? They aren't in the same position as Palm or Windows Mobile.

05-17-10 01:17 PM
    I can't wait to see more of OS 6. I definitely am willing to wait for a good version than a crappy leak. I don't want more problems. .607 caused me so much grief with battery and memory drain and the no keyboard in BBM Groups drives me nuts I downgraded. 6 can't come soon enough!
    05-17-10 08:16 PM
    You kidding me? How about the ability for developers to develop apps without having to jump through hoops. Why do you think SkyFire discontinued work on a browser for BlackBerry? RIM makes it incredibly hard for developers to develop apps. That's a huge issue.

In addition, why are there many companies that develop apps only for Apple and Android? It's because their platforms are easy to develop for. BlackBerry is losing out in the apps market, and if they don't do something relatively soon, they will lose out on their customers being loyal. People don't want only a business phone now; they want entertainment and apps. That's something RIM barely provides.
    You also have to take into account that the iphone is more of a toy to many users. it has a much larger "general" use whereas the BB has been more business untill recently.

Android
    better browsers (it has atleast 5 that you can use and they are smooth as silk)

sense UI, the user experience is taking up a notch beyond anything else out there.

Memory management, it moves around more than a BB but never has issues with it causing the need for a reboot. Actually you NEVER have to reboot it really

Like you said its fast, well its alot smoother in many ways too. the scrolling is much better than a BB

hardware has alot to do with it, but BBs still arent getting 1 ghz processor this time around either.

There are many things a BB does better to though, each platform has pluses and minuses. but android can compete with the apple fanboys much easier and has a good chance of taking a huge chunk out of the sales. then again, that is the market the phone is being sold to where the BB is not so much in that market

Im happy with the new browser in .607 - much faster and works better. Toss in the pinch zoom of 6.0 and im very happy. Sense UI is an HTC thing really... and takes longer to get updates. The Eris (which i looked at instead of the S2) JUST got its update to 2.1... and heard it has issues. So, yeah Sense UI is cool but has its faults as well

every phone has its faults.... just the way it is. im happy with my S2 - 6.0 will make me happier

here is something else people are forgetting. Saying that 6.0 will be a mess and will need updates etc asap is not a fair statement. 6.0 is actually 5.2 renamed. Im thinking its going to be more stable than expected (I can hope right?)
    05-17-10 08:56 PM
    Edit: Think of it as your girlfriend getting breast augmentation. Yes, I am happy with what I have now, but I can't wait to see what they look like after!
    Than you should have bought an iPhone. I believe they have an app for augmenting your girlfriend's breasts. I think it's called iBoob. Revision 38.D.D is the most stable version.
    05-18-10 08:58 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD