This wait is KILLING me! I know someone on here has a leaked 6 OS.. so could you be so kind to leak it! I dont care how buggy it is!
    05-14-10 03:48 AM
    I'd be satisfied if we just got a couple of high-res screenshots or a decent live video of BlackBerry 6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-10 04:10 AM
    That would be nice to!
    05-14-10 05:52 AM
    All true Berry addicts are chomping at the bit for this one. I hope its as good as what the short video leads us to believe. Im so ready!
    05-14-10 06:00 AM
    Ready here too, just not for a buggy version. To whom ever may be beta testing this and thinkin of leakin, hold out for a decent version. One without random restarts from starting the camera, uber battery drain, color banding ect ect. That being said, I'll load whatever anyway, even if its just to see it on my device with my own eyes, cuz it looks HOT HOT HOT!
    05-14-10 06:05 AM
    +1, the wait is killing me too. Hope its as advanced as our competitors. Looks sweet.
    05-14-10 06:14 AM
    I'm sure a leak will come out at some point. Then there will a bunch of post about this app that does not work
    05-14-10 06:53 AM
    I'm sure a leak will come out at some point. Then there will a bunch of post about this app that does not work
    Don't forget about everyone (that's not complaining about an app not working) saying that "this is what the Storm should have been from day one."
    05-14-10 08:01 AM
    Me too. I just hooe the first leaks aren't junk. Wait...

05-14-10 08:23 AM
    There may be no testing of OS 6 on the S2 being done yet. thoug it seems counterindicative of the slowdown in OSes being sent to partners to review.

05-14-10 08:48 AM
    are u guys serious, or is all your chatter about the wait "killing you" gross exaggeration? IT'S JUST A PHONE! My phone works FINE on 607, so why all the angst?
    05-14-10 10:55 AM
    I thought I read that os6 was not going to carriers for testing until June. If this is true, you can pretty much guarantee there won't be a leak until then. I hope I am wrong and it comes sooner.

05-14-10 10:56 AM
    are u guys serious, or is all your chatter about the wait "killing you" gross exaggeration? IT'S JUST A PHONE! My phone works FINE on 607, so why all the angst?
    Did you really wanna know? Or did you just want to start a flame war, where at the end, you make a thread threatening to leave the forums because we are all so mean, and you love your Storm 2 for what it is and why can't we understand that? And that no, you don't work for Verizon?

Well in case it was a genuine question, many of us paid hundreds of dollars for our Storm 2's and are locked in on a contract. BB6 is an OS upgrade that is expected to improve our phones by leaps and bounds without having to break contract and upgrade to a different phone to get the features we want.

Welcome to Crackberry?
    05-14-10 11:56 AM

Hey Dave - No one literally meant they were dying. They are very excited to see what comes next. I'm sure 607 is great for you, and I congratulate you on your complacency. Surely wanting what you have is the key to happiness. Now, that said - if you (and those like you who haunt these board's with "my phone isn't a hobby" and "my device is perfect as is" (and if your's isn't) " its user error and unreasonable expectaions" have nothing but negativity to add to the OP and other's excitement and fun, than just please stfu and go to another thread. No offense.
    05-14-10 12:00 PM
    Well in case it was a genuine question, many of us paid hundreds of dollars for our Storm 2's and are locked in on a contract. BB6 is an OS upgrade that is expected to improve our phones by leaps and bounds without having to break contract and upgrade to a different phone to get the features we want.
    Just to point out, the contract that you are "locked" into was of your own choosing, and based on the then current release of the OS and device. OS6 was only a dream at the time you "locked" yourself into the contract. Maybe you should have done your homework then and you'd gripe less now.

But I agree with dave1812, my Storm2 works just fine for me with latest OS. If/when OS6 becomes available it hopefully adds some new features, but if not I have a phone that more than meets my needs today.
    05-14-10 12:06 PM
    Just to point out, the contract that you are "locked" into was of your own choosing, and based on the then current release of the OS and device. OS6 was only a dream at the time you "locked" yourself into the contract. Maybe you should have done your homework then and you'd gripe less now.
    Let me break it down for you:
    I realize that I am the one who signed my contract. I did it to avoid paying retail price.
    I have not been waiting for OS6 since I got my S2.
    I am not griping.
    I am waiting excitedly for something that will improve my phone, so I don't have to pay for a new one to get some features that look cool.

Know what I'm sayin?

Edit: Think of it as your girlfriend getting breast augmentation. Yes, I am happy with what I have now, but I can't wait to see what they look like after!
    Last edited by jgreen1tc; 05-14-10 at 12:17 PM.
    05-14-10 12:13 PM
    Hey Dave - No one literally meant they were dying. They are very excited to see what comes next. I'm sure 607 is great for you, and I congratulate you on your complacency. Surely wanting what you have is the key to happiness. Now, that said - if you (and those like you who haunt these board's with "my phone isn't a hobby" and "my device is perfect as is" (and if your's isn't) " its user error and unreasonable expectaions" have nothing but negativity to add to the OP and other's excitement and fun, than just please stfu and go to another thread. No offense.
    +1
    Well said. I really don't understand how anyone wouldn't want an improvement.
    05-14-10 12:30 PM
    Arguments aside...

I'm looking forward to OS 6 on my 9550. It really is going to be a good indication of where RIM is going. I've seen how 4.7 evolved to 5.0 from the 9530-9550. While a lot of improvements have been made, there is still a lot of catching up that has to be done.

All I can say is that if it does everything and runs like everything in the OS 6 promo video I'll be stoked.
    05-14-10 12:48 PM
    I don't think anyone is saying their Storm2 doesn't work well enough..just saying they can't wait for the next OS thats gonna make it work better. I dnt c anything wrong with that.

Anywho I can't wait for OS6 to drop as well. Im eager to try it out. Bring on the leaks..
    05-14-10 01:06 PM
    1) I am excited as well..
    I signed my contract not knowing ANYTHING about blackberry. It was a cool phone. simple choice.

Edit: Think of it as your girlfriend getting breast augmentation. Yes, I am happy with what I have now, but I can't wait to see what they look like after!
    2) BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Great analogy!
    05-14-10 01:23 PM
    All I want is the new browser. I don't like using opera mini with either the slow, sluggish cursor and UI, or the lack of SurePress.

05-14-10 01:28 PM

Please point out where I've said it's "user error" when someone has issues with their Storm. (ie don't lump me in with those who shall remain nameless, that blame all problems on the user)

and to reiterate, my phone isn't a hobby, but that doesn't preclude me from posting and reading this forum. When I say "hobby" I'm referring to the act of installing leaked OS's every frickin' time one hits the internet. I've never installed a leak and probably never will.
    05-14-10 02:36 PM
    I really wouldn't expect to see a 6 leak for some time. Sad to say.
    05-14-10 02:44 PM
    Damn we r just exited that we r gonna get a new upgrade that all!!!!!!!!! Lol these forums r funny tho ......and yes I'm I'm dying to see how 6.0 is gonna feel :-)

05-14-10 03:55 PM
    Please leak it soon so I can read about all the issues with the OS
    05-14-10 05:01 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD