One thing Ive learned is if you call and the cs rep is hesitant about replacing it, hang up and call back. You'll get another rep and most likely will be more willing to help you. Im on my 4th storm (should arrive tomorrow) and way past my 30 days. Each time Ive gotten a brand new storm and havent had to use my insurance. The only reason Im still with Verizon is because thier CS has been outstanding.
    03-17-09 05:11 PM
    One thing Ive learned is if you call and the cs rep is hesitant about replacing it, hang up and call back. You'll get another rep and most likely will be more willing to help you. Im on my 4th storm (should arrive tomorrow) and way past my 30 days. Each time Ive gotten a brand new storm and havent had to use my insurance. The only reason Im still with Verizon is because thier CS has been outstanding.
    Will verizon replace the phone if it works fine but it has dust under the screen? I know my problem stems from always putting my phone in my pocket, but that seems like it is a defect in th phone, not my fault.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 05:44 PM
    Will verizon replace the phone if it works fine but it has dust under the screen? I know my problem stems from always putting my phone in my pocket, but that seems like it is a defect in th phone, not my fault.

You can't just go in and say, "I have dust give me another phone." Lie to them with something that is plausible and most likely not repeatable. Tell them your phone is freezing and dropping calls like crazy. Worked every time for me.
    03-17-09 08:55 PM
    There is a one year warranty on the phones so don't get to upset if you get a ref. one, My 1st phone (Brand New) had clicking problems, 2nd phone (Brand New) had software issues and my 3rd phone (Refurbished) is working awesome and haven't had a problem with it yet. I really understand anybody's feeling on getting a brand-new phone when thats what you paid for but refurbs might not be that bad.
    Just my 2 cents.
    03-17-09 09:09 PM

The seal for the screen is defective. Therefor the device is defective due to a workmanship issue. It is a warrantable issue.
    03-17-09 09:18 PM
    I have a storm that I purchased from a friend, I have the original receipt of when he purchased the phone and was wondering if Verizon would handle a replacement on this phone as I have been having major problems with the voice quality and signal loss even though I am in an area with excellent service (Pittsburgh) where my wife's phone has solid 5 bars. I also am having a few issues with the screen click on the lower left side of the screen.

Could you let me know what my options are.

Thanks,

Mike
    You have to read the fine print on the warranty to see if it is transferable. If it is there is a one year manufacturers warranty that the phone comes with.
    03-17-09 09:19 PM
    the corners of my screen don't click right, mostly the bottom ones but I thought it was normal because of the way the phone is set up. Is that true or should I get a replacement? No dust under my screen though, thank god
    03-17-09 09:40 PM
    the corners of my screen don't click right, mostly the bottom ones but I thought it was normal because of the way the phone is set up. Is that true or should I get a replacement? No dust under my screen though, thank god
    It's a defect. I'd get a replacement. In fact I did
    03-17-09 10:02 PM
    Not reading the whole thread but the way to ensure you get a new device is to call tech support,report the problem, they'll tell you to wipe.... Either do the wipe or just tell them you'll do it. That will put the note into the network that its not software and then wait a few days and go to the store where u got the phone. Tell them the problem is still going on(in my case it was battery life). Improvise whatever steps... But if u go to the store youllget a new one fo sho

03-17-09 10:03 PM
    It's a defect. I'd get a replacement. In fact I did
    Thanks for the answer ... So do I just go to the Verizon store and be like, hey my phone doesn't click right and they will give me a replacement there?
    03-17-09 10:07 PM
    Thanks for the answer ... So do I just go to the Verizon store and be like, hey my phone doesn't click right and they will give me a replacement there?
    In theory that is how it should work. They might want to him and haw about it but in the end they will get you a refurbished unit.
    03-17-09 10:09 PM
    I called VZW yesterday to explain to them that certain pre-loaded ring tones weren't working on my phone. After 30 minutes of them troubleshooting my phone they decided to send me a "certified like new replacement." I kinda figured that's what they would do, although I was really hoping, on some off chance, that they would give me a new one. I asked the rep about the quality of the CLNR and he told me that it would be better than a new phone. Which I pretty much brushed off as being complete horse ****. Apparently he hasn't been reading CB.

If all else fails, I'm sending them the refurb back. I basically told the rep he could have it back if it wasn't up to my standards.

I should be getting the CLNR on Monday, so I'll post an update about the quality of the refurb after I see it. I've heard some horror stories about them, but some stories have been positive as well, so I'll do my best to add what I can.
    03-27-09 11:10 AM
    Refurb - new - it does not matter - OP paid for a new, retail, unopened, (New In Box) Storm. That includes new charger, usb cord, battery, phone etc... Within 30 days that's what he's entitled to. In fact, I've been on the fence about mine. I'm not waiting another day. I'm ordering my replacement today, so if there is any issue I will still be within my 30 days.
    Agreed........................
    03-27-09 11:14 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD