Just wanted to start by saying in 6 years, I've never had anything but absolutely stellar CS from Verizon until today, but I'm about on my last nerve.

On my 30th day, I finally broke down and ordered a replacement for my Storm. The tech support guy told me he'd be sending me a phone in a brown box with no battery and no back cover. After arguing with him for five minutes that that was a refurb but I was entitled to a new one since it was within 30 days, he finally said he would send me a new one. Of course I pick it up today and it's a refurb.

Went to the VZW store in my mall that I always go to, asked the reps - whom I know very well and have a first-name basis relationship with all of them - to call to fix the situation since I knew it would be difficult for me to do, they told me no. Went to the corporate store, demanded a replacement in-store, they told me they didn't have any in stock. Told them they were lying as a rep 15 feet away from me was selling a storm to a new customer, and the guy basically blew me off.

Called CS, the guy told me that if I didn't like how my storm works, I should return it and get a new phone like a curve. Then told me oh wait, my 30 days are up so actually I can't. Tried to explain to him that I DO like the storm, I just want a model that isn't defective, and he tried to troubleshoot with me after putting me on hold for 20 minutes. Told him that I had already spent time troubleshooting with a tech before, and we OBviously had established that I needed a replacement phone, so why couldn't he just send me a new one like I had been told by multiple reps that I was entitled to. Put me on hold for another 20 minutes, came back, told me he was sending me to a different queue and I'd have to hold again. Basically, I hung up because I'm so frustrated I was about to flip out on whoever picked up, and that's not really fair to them as it's not there fault.

Guess my question is - what do I freaking need to do to just get a proper, NEW replacement? Clearly tons of you guys have, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong!

Thank you so much for your help with what is SEEMINGLY not too difficult!
    12-29-08 03:37 PM
    Are you sure it's a refurb? Because they have replacement Storms and those does not come with memory card, battery or back cover and it's new.
    12-29-08 03:40 PM
    Ouch. Keep calling.
    12-29-08 03:42 PM
    Its not a refurb... its NEW

they have not sent out ANY refurbs
    12-29-08 03:44 PM
    hi i am a vzw rep for tech support can u pm me i may have some info to help
    12-29-08 03:44 PM
    Are you sure it's a refurb? Because they have replacement Storms and those does not come with memory card, battery or back cover and it's new.
    I guess the reason I thought at first that it was a refurb was because the leaflet coming with the phone said something along the lines of "we're pleased to offer you this certified like-new phone"...obviously that caught my eye and the rep at my store in the mall told me it wasn't a new phone. He's a storm owner himself so I figured he'd know what he was talking about... does this mean I misjudged and he's wrong?
    12-29-08 03:48 PM
    he is wrong we dont have refurbs yet
    12-29-08 03:48 PM
    Refurb - new - it does not matter - OP paid for a new, retail, unopened, (New In Box) Storm. That includes new charger, usb cord, battery, phone etc... Within 30 days that's what he's entitled to. In fact, I've been on the fence about mine. I'm not waiting another day. I'm ordering my replacement today, so if there is any issue I will still be within my 30 days.
    12-29-08 03:49 PM
    this might help stop saying replacement and say 30 day worry guarantee
    12-29-08 03:51 PM
    Refurb - new - it does not matter - OP paid for a new, retail, unopened, (New In Box) Storm. That includes new charger, usb cord, battery, phone etc... Within 30 days that's what he's entitled to. In fact, I've been on the fence about mine. I'm not waiting another day. I'm ordering my replacement today, so if there is any issue I will still be within my 30 days.
    That's my train of thought, too... if it had been day 31 or later, it would be a warranty claim so I'd understand not getting a new, boxed storm, but I was still within my 30 days. Barely, but regardless.
    12-29-08 03:51 PM
    hi i am a vzw rep for tech support can u pm me i may have some info to help
    sent you a PM, thank you
    12-29-08 03:52 PM
    I don't blame you! If I thought it was a refurb I wouldve blown my top to! Were are lucky to have a website where we get the answers we need! I love this website!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 03:52 PM
    oh and therers an extended time like jan 15 we have to return storms
    12-29-08 03:54 PM
    exactly i didnt mention that however im about to leave work however i can check your order if you like
    12-29-08 03:57 PM
    I guess the reason I thought at first that it was a refurb was because the leaflet coming with the phone said something along the lines of "we're pleased to offer you this certified like-new phone"...obviously that caught my eye and the rep at my store in the mall told me it wasn't a new phone. He's a storm owner himself so I figured he'd know what he was talking about... does this mean I misjudged and he's wrong?
    Oh ok, weird. I would call VZW and get a Manager on the line, don't bother with the CS, go straight to the manager and explain your situation to them. They usually take care of things the right way.
    12-29-08 03:59 PM
    The phones in the brown boxes are no refurb. They come the exact same way but they haven't had time to even produce refurbs. The difference is that they send it out that way because they are still preserving the new box phones for new customers. Stores are selectively getting them but they are not replacing then in the stores even if in stock. One of the things people don't realize is that this is a PDA and stores do not generally even have pda replacements in stock. So when a phone like this comes out and a store randomly gets 5, they are going to new customers not as replacements. Might suck for people with problems but honestly it makes sense.

IF you ordered a replacement after the first week it was back ordered for weeks before even being sent out. They put some aside in the brown boxes for this reason. They could be sent out right away without waiting for the restocking.
    12-29-08 03:59 PM
    I had a similar issue with them except they sent me a new one that had more problems than the first... I brought it to a store and told them they had to replace it with a new one i bought a new one and i want a new one that works... and they got me a new one. If you are polite to them they usually want to help you as soon as you start to get irate they don't wanna help you anymore.
    12-29-08 04:01 PM
    Called Verizon earlier, needed to call back tonight on a different phone when I get home, I hope I don't have a problem receiving a replacement.

Even if I received mine on the 27th, I have til the 15th to replace mine right? If IN STOCK at my local VZW store, is it necessary to have one shipped to me or can I walk in and exchange it without dealing with the tech support?

ps not hijacking
    Last edited by fuller45; 12-29-08 at 04:26 PM.
    12-29-08 04:14 PM
    oh and therers an extended time like jan 15 we have to return storms
    is this indeed true? i went to a Verizon Corporate the other day and they said there computers said nothing about that.
    12-29-08 04:33 PM
    Sorry to ask but what's wrong with your phone. Vzw doe ant have any referbs left

12-29-08 04:39 PM
    I never read anywhere what the original problem was ... i.e. why a replacement was ordered. It is my understanding that the replacement will not come in the same container as when you received it. It has been discussed many times. Nor, is it Venisons responsibility to provide everything new, only what is defective (i.e. phone ... not the battery, charger, battery back etc.). If the OP needed a replacement, it sounds as if he got one, but is assuming that it is a refurbished one. Once again, it has been discussed many times that refurbished Storms are not available yet.
    12-29-08 04:51 PM
    I got a "Certified Like New Replacement" and it was clearly not a new phone. So I sent it back and had them send me a new one.
    12-29-08 04:55 PM
    i assumed it was a refurb simply because that's how my refurbs in the past had arrived and because no in-store reps told me otherwise today...thanks to everyone for helping to clear this up for me!

though i'm still confused as to why they're sending out literature calling phones packaged like this "like-new replacements" if they are, in fact, new
    12-29-08 04:55 PM
    he is wrong we dont have refurbs yet
    I guess I am curious as to why you have Tmobile and Tmobile phone if you are a Verizon rep?? Seems like you would get a better deal at Verizon.

As for the brown box phones just got one as well and it is new. They have them for just this reason and no need to send retail package at increased cost if all I needed was phone body. The original boxes have all the CD's and stuff we would only throw out, makes sense to me.
    12-29-08 05:04 PM
    Waaaaaa my replacemnt is a refurb.

You people need to quit crying like a bunch of 2yr olds about this issue

12-29-08 05:23 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD