Why does it seem that I am the only person who can't get svc from vz tech support over the phone? Every time I have an issue, they tell me to go to the store and they won't ship me a ___ thing from a phone call. All these folks have gotten new phones, batteries, etc and I keep getting denied.

I just want a new battery to replace this one that's dead by NOON every single day! SHEESH!
    01-08-09 02:29 PM
    Have you tried the store? Good luck.
    01-08-09 02:34 PM
    They have this thing called notes associated with your customer profile that they see when you call. Maybe they have you flagged as a PITA?
    01-08-09 02:37 PM
    Next time tell them the store told you to call them.
    01-08-09 02:38 PM
    have you tried letting it drain all the way then charging it to full? mine used to die within ~5-6 hours until i did that.
    01-08-09 02:42 PM
    hahah. Just go to a store and get it fixed. You will never get to anyone like you could if you met them face to face.
    01-08-09 02:43 PM
    Not the only one... I've been trying to resolve my RIM/VRZ BIS issues now for weeks. I must get the laziest ops when I call, all they want to do is put me on hold for an hour then transfer the call which in that process I get dropped 50% of the time.
    01-08-09 02:45 PM
    Majority of people who call are getting their phones replaced. Rarely do you hear complaints about getting batteries replaced. They send you to the store because if you're battery is dying everyday, why wait 2 days for the battery to arrive when you can walk into the store, tell them the problem, and they take a battery off the shelf or have one in the back.
    01-08-09 02:45 PM
    My sister is having the same problem. She's called twice - they've kept her on the phone for hours trying vaious things - you'll also often hear the excuse the "the new softward is going to take care of EVERYTHING" BS, that I told her she's gonna start to get mean.

I was lucky - I went into my store (different from where I purchased) and have talked with them on a couple of occasions. I've asked them to keep my issues on file so they know we've talked about them. Then the other day I asked about the ("cure-all") softward update, and they said it would probably still be a couple of weeks away (late January) - so I said, that's my concern, that the Jan 15 date will pass and IF the "cure all" software doesn't do the trick, then where does that put me?

The guy talked to his manager, they agreed, and called tech support themselves and overnighted me a new phone. I should get it today or tomorrow! These guys actually KNEW a lot about BB and I think this one guy is a Crackberry Head himself.

If you're in the Chicago area and want great service for the Storm (or any BB for that matter), go to the Verizon store in Addison and ask for Blake.

Just my .02
    01-08-09 02:53 PM
    I'm on the phone with VZW service right now and they are going to try to walk me through a complete reset hoping that will fix my issues (locking up, shutting down for no apparent reason). I asked about a replacement and they said that was only an option after all other possibilities had been exhausted...
    01-08-09 03:14 PM
    I just called verizon. On and off the phone in 5 minutes and I have a new storm on its way here, overnight shipping. Explained how the end key is loose and crooked, the rep. didn't even ask any questions. Very satisfied I don't have to go to a store (again I might add, CS sent me to a store the first time I needed a replacement).
    01-08-09 03:15 PM
    every time i had to deal with verizon technical support (even before Storm), they were completely unhelpful. What i do now is just go to the verizon store and if they can't help me on the spot, I ask them to call tech support for me. Works every time, and i dont have to feel like i am interrogated over the phone.
    01-08-09 03:39 PM
    Have you tried the store? Good luck.
    Well if it was THAT easy to go into the store then I PROBABLY would've tried that. But when you're working 2 jobs AND taking 3 classes a semester in college, you don't quite have the time to shoot the breeze in a VZ store while they figure out what's wrong w/ a phone that has WELL KNOWN issues.

It shouldn't be this hard... PERIOD.
    01-08-09 08:46 PM
    to be honest verizon's reluctance to replace phones without seeing them is due to large amount of phones being returned for reasons such as slight light bleed around edges, people complaining about lag while having 10 apps open (the most typical user error), "wobbly" screens or wrong tints on the screen (which imo are not really issues). This all probably makes it harder for people with actual problems to exchange their phones.
    01-08-09 09:15 PM
    to be honest verizon's reluctance to replace phones without seeing them is due to large amount of phones being returned for reasons such as slight light bleed around edges, people complaining about lag while having 10 apps open (the most typical user error), "wobbly" screens or wrong tints on the screen (which imo are not really issues). This all probably makes it harder for people with actual problems to exchange their phones.
    I can understand that... but all I'm asking for is a new battery. I make on avg 3 calls a day b/c I'm working/studying so much. Certainly not before noon. I explained to her my situation and how it's difficult for me to make it to a store. I can't even pick up my drycleaning on time. She had the audacity to tell me they don't ship out batteries AT ALL, only phones, when ppl have clearly had new batteries sent to them. Going to a store for me, means sacrificing sleep or something more important when CUSTOMER SERVICE (key words) could just ship me a new one. What good is a cell when I'm attached to a car charger or cable half the day?

Man I miss Tmo, lol. It used to irritate me how perky and helpful they sought out to be. Now I'd give anything for a little svc and support.
    01-08-09 09:34 PM
    I can understand that... but all I'm asking for is a new battery. I make on avg 3 calls a day b/c I'm working/studying so much. Certainly not before noon. I explained to her my situation and how it's difficult for me to make it to a store. I can't even pick up my drycleaning on time. She had the audacity to tell me they don't ship out batteries AT ALL, only phones, when ppl have clearly had new batteries sent to them. Going to a store for me, means sacrificing sleep or something more important when CUSTOMER SERVICE (key words) could just ship me a new one. What good is a cell when I'm attached to a car charger or cable half the day?

Man I miss Tmo, lol. It used to irritate me how perky and helpful they sought out to be. Now I'd give anything for a little svc and support.
    This may help you or it may not. I got a replacement battery and usb cable out of them fairly easily.

From day one battery life was pretty good and then the week leading up to Christmas suddenly I was getting 4-5hrs if battery life when u should have had 5x more (was dead by my lunch hour after almost no use). I had ordered a OEM Storm battery to use as a second battery (I always do that) and the day came I switched them out and tried it for two days. The battery life was immediately back to where it should be.

The device manager was not recognizing my Storm when I hooked it up with the original USB cable anymore for no apparent reason and charging it via the computer was not working as well and the computer kept loosing contact with the phone when I was moving media to the phone. VERY annoying and I was starting to think the phone was defective. So I did some digging and found another MicroUSB cable that came with one of those ring tone programs and had multiple ends. I used that one and immediately it worked the way it should.

I called *611 the evening before Christmas Even I think it was. Anyway the guy I talked to asked me a bunch of questions and once he got the answers he needed (no I was not using the phone excessively leaving apps open, the usb cable and battery were not wet or otherwise damaged etc.) he authorized replacements which I got Friday the day after Christmas. The defective ones went back the following Monday. Very easy.

Obviously I have no idea about your situation, but I credit my success to the fact that I had already tried everything that they wanted me to do before calling and answering their questions without argument or anything.
    01-08-09 10:48 PM
    Blakkwidow : if they're not giving you what you want, ask for a supervisor. It is unacceptable that a tech support line would not take care of a problem like that.
    01-09-09 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD