My Storm has been restarting and freezing up lately needless to say the battery barely keeps a charge. To make a long story short call tech support the other day and the guy was nice and made note to the account of all my problems that I told him about. Now when I went to VZW local store and those people in there or like so clueless when it comes to the phone. i had to walk them through the menu of the phone and everything. So I got to give love to you all here on Crackberry because without all of you I still would be lost with a phone that VZW can't even help me figure out want is wrong with it. Had to vent even though it is more I want to say I must respect the the forum rules here folks.
    12-15-08 08:11 AM
    Unfortunately Verizon has a policy that employees can't get a Storm until all outstanding orders are filled. Therefore the only experience they can get is playing with the demo when the are not busy and no customers are using it.
    12-15-08 08:28 AM
    In general most store employees are idiots. IMO. I have never had a good experience with an employee at a store. Most have no real idea about the phones. I had one the other day tell me that my little brothers Screen click issue was a software issue. It took 20 min. to explain that it is just like a button. If it won't depress it is not software related. 2 techs, one manager and I think only one in the end GOT it. Just call customer service and have them help you. At least then you are saved from looking at the blank stares and glazed eyes. They get a little pissy when you know more about the phones than they do.
    12-15-08 08:53 AM
    agree MOST cases the reps in stores truly do not know what is going...in the case of the storm they had training on it on a PC only.no hands on what so ever. they got the phones in the store late in the day the day before launch. and if they were ethical most store wont open those phones to play with them. so alot of the store had to wait til later in the day to get the demo kits in store. And as far as information the reps give most of the time they are the last people in the line of communication so by the time it gets to the store level someone higher up has already leaked that information here or other sources. Or they do know know and it is information that isn't public to a certain date and cant say anything in store. Best bet is to find a store with technicians. not sales or customer service reps that pretend they are technicians. The technicians are hired from a different company and aren't even on verizon payroll. they have different trainings and are in general more knowledgeable about electronics and the technical aspect of the devices.
    12-15-08 09:24 AM
    I've had VZW for ever. Whenever i call them up, great service. Whenever I go into the store by my house, I growl. I tend to only go to the store if I really really must. Otherwise, their tech support and phone operators always are helpful and know what they're talking about.
    12-15-08 09:39 AM
    Again, when I called tech support about the click issue, they told me it was a windows mobile phone. Some people are idiots, some are useful everywhere.
    12-15-08 10:04 AM
    Well, all this aside (because we all know VZW has idiots working for them), what OS is on your phone? Go to Options/About and see if the version ends in .65 or .75 for Apps. If it's .65, you need to update your OS first. Start with that and go from there.
    12-15-08 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD