11-21-08 09:22 PM
39 12
tools
    Hey new member here. I left a verizon store at 11 AM with an unactivated Storm. After waiting 6 restless hours waiting for verizon to set up my phone, I just went to my online account and set it as a replacement for my previous phone. I called *228 and now the phone works perfectly. So if you are in my situation this should help.
    11-21-08 04:41 PM
    hahaha thats ssooo awesome. the phone is selling like hotcakes / flying off the shelves. well, they never made it to the store shelves cuz they could their entire inventory in one hand, but you get my drift. anyway this sucks but show there truly is a ton of demand for the phone. im happy for rim. now these OS updates better be godly.
    11-21-08 04:45 PM
    From the Verizon website:

Due to limited availability of the BlackBerry® Storm™ 9530 smartphone, orders will ship by 12/5.
    11-21-08 04:52 PM
    usually if you are short handed of a HUGELY advertised item, AND all systems down/to a crawl taking up to 5 hours of peoples time most businesses are apologetic and don't want to loose you and do try and do something a little extra.. in this case.. with millions in advertisements and watching the iPhone release 2 phones they should have known better... Alot of people are now second guessing if they should get it..

I bought my 6 series BMW in an hour. And that's because i was BS'ing with the staff and playing with the iDrive (better then touch screen in my opinion)
    Last edited by destro23; 11-21-08 at 05:01 PM.
    11-21-08 04:58 PM
    damn that BLOWS. wow... so are they getting more in stores for black friday? they HAVE to be? i guess thats where its all going

btw i dont get the correlation w the bmw?
    11-21-08 04:58 PM
    Hey new member here. I left a verizon store at 11 AM with an unactivated Storm. After waiting 6 restless hours waiting for verizon to set up my phone, I just went to my online account and set it as a replacement for my previous phone. I called *228 and now the phone works perfectly. So if you are in my situation this should help.
    I tried, but they wouldn't let me walk out of the store without the phone being activated.
    11-21-08 05:03 PM
    damn that BLOWS. wow... so are they getting more in stores for black friday? they HAVE to be? i guess thats where its all going

btw i dont get the correlation w the bmw?
    took me an hour to buy that... 5 hours to buy and set up a Storm from what a lot of people that weren't in the first 1 hour batch of people..
    11-21-08 05:04 PM
    ... playing with the iDrive (better then touch screen in my opinion)
    Thanks for the chuckle. That is priceless.

Shoot, now I think I am going to go buy a BMW tomorrow.
    11-21-08 05:12 PM
    so I showed up to the store this morning at 8 am and the store was not scheduled to open until 9 am. I figured I would be first in line, but alas I was 22 in line. At 830 manager came out and said that they only had 30 phones, then opened the store early. There was over 60 people in line when the store opened, the manager promised a delivery of another 30 phones very quickly. I went in and was told that I had to go to customer service because I was exchanging my Dare and that no guarantees that I would get the phone.

Then I argued with the manager for five minutes that I deserved my phone since I was in the first 22 people to arrive whether or not I was exchanging so he set one aside. At 9 am the two others exchanging phones ahead of me finished, in and out in half an hour. I went up and *BOOM* huge explosion, at least in my head as all the techs look at each other and then proceed to explain that there servers went down. They had already given me my Storm to play with! So I sat there until 1:30 pm until there servers came back up and I left with my brand new *FIRST* Blackberry, Storm none-the-less. I am extremely happy and I laugh at the poster last night who said not to show up early because we would get pissed on by bums. I have my phone and pretty much everybody else behind me didn't get one because shipment did not come in! (College Park, Maryland)
    11-21-08 05:14 PM
    I had the same issue. Number 4 out of over 50 to show up, I got there at 6.

Opened the doors at 8 AM, I had to see a manager so they could do an account transfer to my newly created account. That brought me to about 8:40 when I saw the sales rep. Phone was there, but the system crashed. Hung around till 10 AM, had lunch and went to the mall, got back at 11:30 system was down again. Finally got the phone activated and paid for around 1 PM or so.

Definitely a cluster, but I love the phone, and am definitely one of the few VZW customers running it for now.
    11-21-08 05:26 PM
    called 2 boston area stores, apparently the system is back up again.
    11-21-08 05:29 PM
    System is now up. My store called me and told me to come get my storm. Here I am waiting for a rep. Very classy of the to go to the waiting list and make calls. I put my name in a few days ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 05:42 PM
    System is now up. My store called me and told me to come get my storm. Here I am waiting for a rep. Very classy of the to go to the waiting list and make calls. I put my name in a few days ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    heading back to my store now.. to confirm they got my order in... we'll see
    11-21-08 06:31 PM
    They got 20 this morning. Some of those people were back tonight to get their phones activated. They also got another shipment of 20 in the late afternoon, I made that cut!
    11-21-08 09:22 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD