I just watched 2 people that were holding their storms IN HAND! have to hand them back.. and the rep said it's theirs and their names are on it but system is unresponsive for over an hour... and asked them if they wanted to come back later, and that the phones are theirs.

Not good.. Verizon is supposed to be the big dog on campus, they watched 2 iPhone launches and knew all of this was coming their way
    11-21-08 12:21 PM
    I just watched 2 people that were holding their storms IN HAND! have to hand them back.. and the rep said it's theirs and their names are on it but system is unresponsive for over an hour... and asked them if they wanted to come back later, and that the phones are theirs.

Not good.. Verizon is supposed to be the big dog on campus, they watched 2 iPhone launches and knew all of this was coming their way
    I know the feeling...I had my storm, ready to pay for it and everything but did not walk out with one...verizon's computer systems are/were down. I left to go to motor vehicle to renew my registration, came back to the store and the computer systems was still down...so, i left my name and number for them to call me back because I wasn't going to wait another 2 hours...they still haven't called me back yet, I don't know what to do now...I'm kinda having second thoughts about the phone. I played with it at the store and it was a little complicated to navigate through (I never owned a bb) so maybe i'll need some time but we'll see...maybe I'll call and see what's up with the phone now
    11-21-08 12:34 PM
    I ran into the same problems here in the northeast. I was at the store from opening till after noon while they tried to get me checked out and was finally told that they would call me. I, too, am having second thoughts about getting it today. I played with it for about two hours while I waited, but it was very buggy. There were definately some things I loved, but the overall experience was a little poor.

I also realized at that time that my two favorite apps aren't available for it yet (Viigo and Beejive). It has been three hours since I left the store and still no phone call. Luckily they don't have my money yet. Not sure what I will do.
    11-21-08 02:33 PM
    I was in Maryland and had the same issue. I drove by the store around 9am, it was packed. I continued on my day, did some work. I went back to the store around 1pm. I was told they would take my name, but not sure if any Storms were left. I was also told that some people were still there from opening.
    They called my name in about 20 mins, I walk up to the counter and ask for the Storm, and they still had 3 left. Then we just started at eachother for the next hour, while the system was locked. I also walked out with no phone.
    I am going back tonight.

I dont think this has anything to do with the Storm release, it is just a stupid network issue.
    11-21-08 02:41 PM
    I don't think this has anything to do with the Storm release, it is just a stupid network issue.
    I am really not saying this to give you a hard time, but it must have a little to do with the Storm launch. I don't believe in coincidences. It launches today and today there are computer problems making it impossible to sell the phone (or any phone for that matter).

I will be curious to see how (or if) VZW is going to compensate me for holding me hostage this morning. If I wanted the Storm today I couldn't leave, even though I had done everything I was supposed to.

I was thinking they could at least throw in some free screen savers.
    11-21-08 02:50 PM
    I spoke to CS just a few moments ago, apparently the entire Northeast's systems are down, they can't even return an accessory at the store right now, well atleast whatever the number is for Verizon to mett their quota they seem to be on their way
    11-21-08 02:55 PM
    The store in Rockville MD was geetying people at the door staying that there systems were Completely down. @3:30p

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 03:01 PM
    Nyisles84,
    Thanks for the update. Call me skeptical, but one has to wonder if this is part of their publicity. I can see the headlines tomorrow, "Storm Paralyzes North East."
    11-21-08 03:02 PM
    I am really not saying this to give you a hard time, but it must have a little to do with the Storm launch. I don't believe in coincidences. It launches today and today there are computer problems making it impossible to sell the phone (or any phone for that matter).

I will be curious to see how (or if) VZW is going to compensate me for holding me hostage this morning. If I wanted the Storm today I couldn't leave, even though I had done everything I was supposed to.

You have to be kidding? You expect some kind of compensation??????

You were not forced to be there. You could have walked out at any time. Now, if the power went off, and the doors were locked shut, and you could not leave, that might be a different story.

You have no one to blame but yourself. You could have shown up earlier, I didnt hear of any issues until later.
    You didnt have to buy the phone
    You could have ordered online.
    You could have gone to CC or Best Buy

I cant believe you actually think that you deserve some kind of compensation.
    11-21-08 03:09 PM
    I don't think they are doing this on purpose. When is the last time they are selling a phone as popular as the Storm. I guess the delay is happening in every store then and that's why it took me 6 hours to get the phone http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/why...-stores-99215/
    11-21-08 03:10 PM
    It took about an hour and a half for them to activate my phone this morning. It wasn't cool but it ultimately got done.
    11-21-08 03:11 PM
    i have phone ordered they are now saying anywhere from 7 to 10 business days.. possibly longer.. i finally got to play with the storm and am really not as impressed as i wanted to be... and i really really really wanted to be impressed. the UI isn't as intuitive need to study up on this phone(DISCLAIMER* yes if i got to know it for a day or 2 i'd be fine with it).

Yes the lag when you turn it over is redicilous!!! i saw people in the store shaking the thing like it was an 8 ball that tells your fortune!! because it wasn't turning over on it's side fast enough.(DISCLAMER yes this will be fixed with updates... i hope)

But i'm having doubts. And verizon is giving me a chance to have 2nd thoughs about it. I might cancel my order next week.. I might not. I just want something that i can say doesn't take 10 minutes to boot up and also say... hey the iphone is for kids this toy is for adults lol

After seeing this i have a little bit more appreciation for Apple and initial design, and how close they were to perfection and ahead of their times. I personally don't like apple but can call things straight when i see it
    Last edited by destro23; 11-21-08 at 03:25 PM.
    11-21-08 03:23 PM
    Systems down is not a coincidence, but not planned. It is a result of what seems to be an system overload. It's happened before, and will probably happen again. Completely frustrating none the less....
    11-21-08 03:26 PM
    I had the same issue in NJ. I bought the phone from Circuit City. At least the girl who worked there was pleasant and AWESOME to deal with. When I got to the counter, she pulled out "my" Storm and said the systems were down. She took my number and called me when they came back up. When I got to the store they were back down (DAMN!!!). I was patient she was apologetic and 35 minutes later I had my Storm in hand. No mail-in rebate (she gave me an instant rebate) and no activation fee.

The situation was horrible but my salesperson dealt with it appropriately.
    11-21-08 03:34 PM
    I got to the verizon in stoneham, ma at 8am. Waited outside in 19 degree weather for an hour. First one there and they only had "1"!! Because of the problems, I never walked out of the store until 1:15 today! Yes, Im crazy cuz I actually stayed and waited for my activation to go through. Im sure im gonna have some bugs along the way but I gotta tell ya............ I LOVE this phone. I was not gonna chance walking out and having them sell the phone to someone else and I didnt want to wait till next week or december to get it so im glad I waited.
    11-21-08 03:35 PM
    Been trying to activate mine since 10am this morning. Left and have not heard anything as of 437pm.
    11-21-08 03:37 PM
    wow, i cant believe the issues the stores are having. It took longer for the phone to turn on than it did for the young lady at Best Buy to activate my phone. I was in and out in less than 15min
    11-21-08 03:43 PM
    You have to be kidding? You expect some kind of compensation??????

You could have shown up earlier, I didnt hear of any issues until later.
    You didnt have to buy the phone
    You could have ordered online.
    You could have gone to CC or Best Buy

I cant believe you actually think that you deserve some kind of compensation.
    I showed up an hour before they opened. I was number 4 in line. I guess it doesn't happen until you hear about it, though.

They had all my information, it was not clear if I was charged or not at the time.

Why would I buy online when I can walk into a store a mile away from my house and p/u same day (excluding hind sight, of course )?

I know this will be shocking, but I don't have a Best Buy or CC within a couple hours drive from my town.

All the best reasoning comes from those who are ego and geo-centric.

You are right on one account... I didn't have to buy the phone, but I had no idea this was going to happen. I think a little compensation for the headache of my fellow shoppers and I, is not out of the question. A $9.99 screen saver says, "Hey, it was out of our control, but sorry for the trouble. Thanks for being patient and buying our $200+ phone. We recognize you have been a loyal customer of ours for over a decade. We appreciate your business. "
    11-21-08 03:49 PM
    hey all. Customer service here. Just got off work. OMG what a day. I walk in at 6:30am and 150 people waiting to talk to a rep. Was like that for the next 4 hours. Our systems crashed due to the sheer volume of orders being placed at the same time. Now we can't even touch an order or the whole system will lock up and have to restart. Of course, we have also run out of storms. No storms ordered after 2 today will go out till Dec 5
    11-21-08 03:52 PM
    This same thing happened to the iphone! haha Anyone remember?
    11-21-08 03:57 PM
    Just talked to the rep at my local corporate store, they have no idea when the system will be up. They cant do a single thing at all, not even non-Storm related transactions. They close at 9pm so they will continue to standby until then or else they will wait until 7am tomorrow when they get back in.
    11-21-08 04:08 PM

ME TOO!! I WANT TO BE COMPENSATED!!!!!

NO, I didn't go to a Verizon store today, I didn't order a Storm, I didn't do anything...... but I still want something for nothing.... REALLY!!!!!

UNITE! FIGHT THE MAN!!!

Geeze.....

HH
    11-21-08 04:20 PM
    Compinsated for something you havnt even paid for? thats not gonna happen. just because i want to go buy a tv at best buy thats not in stock doesnt mean they owe me anything. things happen that are out of there control and im sure they rather sell stuff then have to turn people away or make them wait. we dont make money for you to stand around but the fact that you think you should be compinsated becuase of something not working your way isnt the greatest way to make it through life.
    11-21-08 04:23 PM
    My experiences echo many here.

I in the store in the AM, put my name "on the list" only to come back and be told that the "system was down". On my way back home tonight, I stopped by to see if the system was working again. (no, it wasn't) At that point, I asked how do I ensure that I have one in my hand for tomorrow since I had already had my name on the list and talked to a CSR who took down my name and phone number. I was told very apologetically by the store manager that my name was not on a list. ???? She also stated that originally they weren't "holding" phones, but decided later that they were going to. Long story short.... I got nothing except some aggravation.

While I have some empathy for the VZW employees, I feel that the situation should have been handled in a much better fashion.
    Last edited by the1jake; 11-21-08 at 04:39 PM.
    11-21-08 04:36 PM
    wow, i cant believe the issues the stores are having. It took longer for the phone to turn on than it did for the young lady at Best Buy to activate my phone. I was in and out in less than 15min
    Curious. What time did you go the your local Best Buy?
    11-21-08 04:38 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD