I hope the Crackberry community could help me. I returned my replacement Storm on 12/10/2008 to Verizon. VZW has not received my return. Unfortunately, in all the holiday shuffle, I lost my tracking number.

FedEx is willing to locate the package if I could give them the address I shipped the return to. VZW informs me they have 4 equipment return processing centers (2 in Memphis, 1 in PA, and 1 in CA) but they were unable to give me the exact address.

If anyone has their preprinted FedEx label on hand or happens to know the address for any of the equipment return centers and could post it, I would be tremendously grateful.

Thank you in advance.
    01-26-09 09:54 AM
    Sorry, I can't actually help you but they really said that they WOULDN'T give you the addresses???? What a bunch of crap! Sometimes I can't beleive them. Did you try calling another rep?
    01-26-09 09:56 AM
    I hope the Crackberry community could help me. I returned my replacement Storm on 12/10/2008 to Verizon. VZW has not received my return. Unfortunately, in all the holiday shuffle, I lost my tracking number.

FedEx is willing to locate the package if I could give them the address I shipped the return to. VZW informs me they have 4 equipment return processing centers (2 in Memphis, 1 in PA, and 1 in CA) but they were unable to give me the exact address.

If anyone has their preprinted FedEx label on hand or happens to know the address for any of the equipment return centers and could post it, I would be tremendously grateful.

Thank you in advance.
    well im assuming that the return goes to one of the 4 based on where yourself live. If VZW can't give you the full addresses, you probably got a ******** Rep. i would call back and get there addresses. don't settle for an "IDK" ask to speak to someone who knows because you have a problem on your hands. Then once you get these addresses, call back Fed Ex and go through the list to identify which one it is. Problem Solved.
    01-26-09 09:57 AM
    I originally purchased my Storm from The BlackBerry Store in Michigan.

When it kept re-booting itself 6-8 times a day, I called Verizon for technical support. The woman at Verizon sent me a brand new replacement phone (in OEM packaging) and I shipped the defective unit back to Verizon.

On my next bill, I received a charge of $250 for a non-returned phone. I called Verizon and spoke with a woman in Texas. She told me that they could confirm that they received the old phone, but only if I had a tracking number.

Fortunately, I did have the tracking number and the name of the person that received the phone at Verizon. She still required a "few days" to confirm my story.

When she called me back, she told me that my request for a credit was denied, because I did not purchase the phone at a Verizon store. She told me they could not credit my account nor return the defective phone that I had sent in either, because their system did not keep track of phones purchased at authorized re-sellers.

She suggested that I contact the BlackBerry Store. I couldn't believe that they would be of much help in this matter.

We went around in circles for half an hour. My point was that it was a Verizon employee that offered to replace the phone. I was following their direction. I eventually hung up and called technical support back.

The gentleman with whom I spoke to next was very accommodating and credited my account on the spot. He explained that they had a special program for replacing defective phones (i.e. with brand new phones in plain, brown boxes), but that a lot of their employees did not understand how the program worked. He aknowledged that was an internal Verizon problem and aplogized for the inconvenience.

My suggestion to you is to just call back and hope that you get to speak with a competent, empathic customer service representative. You can also insist on speaking to supervisors if you are not happy with what they tell you.

Good luck!
    Last edited by CrackOne; 01-26-09 at 10:57 AM.
    01-26-09 10:17 AM
    I originally purchased my Storm from The BlackBerry Store in Michigan.

When it kept re-booting itself 6-8 times a day, I called Verizon for technical support. The woman at Verizon sent me a brand new replacement phone (in OEM packaging) and I shipped the defective unit back to Verizon.

On my next bill, I received a charge of $250 for a non-returned phone. I called Verizon and spoke with a woman in Texas. She told me that they could confirm that they received the old phone, but only I had a tracking number.

Fortunately, I did have the tracking number and the name of the person that received the phone at Verizon. She still required a "few days" to confirm my story.

When she called me back, she told me that my request for a credit was denied, because I did not purchase the phone at a Verizon store. She told me they could not credit my account nor return the defective phone that I had sent in either, because their system did not keep track of phones purchased at authorized re-sellers.

She suggested that I contact the BlackBerry Store. I couldn't believe that they would be of much help in this matter.

We went around in circles for half an hour. My point was that it was a Verizon employee that offered to replace the phone. I was following their direction. I eventually hung up and called technical support back.

The gentleman with whom I spoke to next was very accommodating and credited my account on the spot. He explained that they had a special program for replacing defective phones (i.e. brand new phones in plain, brown boxes), but that a lot of their employees did not understand how the program worked. He aknowledged that was an internal Verizon problem and aplogized for the inconvenience.

My suggestion to you is to just call back and hope that you get to speak with a competent, empathic customer service representative. You can also insist on speaking to supervisors if you are not happy with what they tell you.

Good luck!
    Good points. Some reps are just not good and don't know how to deal w/ your problem. Instead of finding out what they should do - they give you the short answer to get you off the phone. Stay on them - you'll get what you need.
    01-26-09 10:25 AM
    The return address that was sent with my storm is:

Verizon Wireless C/O
    New Breed Corporation
    4320 North Sylvania Ave.
    Fort Worth TX 7600

Hope this helps
    01-26-09 12:36 PM
    Just remember you attract more flies with honey then you do with vinegar...

In other words.. being nice goes a LONG WAY...

I laugh @ the kids here DEMANDING things...
    01-26-09 12:40 PM
    I live in PA and my return address was in Texas. I would be pissed. Thank god i found out that you can return them at a store. Not a big fan of just tossing 500 bucks in the mail and seeing what happens.
    01-26-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD