While I was at a Verizon store today getting my old Storm replaced, I was on the phone with the PDA (mainly BBs) support guy, who was a pretty damn cool guy. After I was done getting the information for my new phone, I decided to ask him. I had a 'Meh... WTF... I'll ask him' moment. I asked him: "I heard there is an official update coming out for the Storm pretty soon. Is that true?" His response was: "Just between us, when there is a release or a candidate build up for release, an e-mail goes out to us (the support guys). So far, we haven't gotten word."

While this does not mean that a release will not be coming out in a couple of days, the support guys do not know too far ahead of time if there is. Meaning, they won't know if an OS will be coming out in a month or not. I believe this as RIM is constantly updating their internal builds. They need time to test to see if that build is the one.

I highly doubt .113 with be the next build, because of all the memory problems it has. But hey... what do I know?
    Last edited by Shadow.xXx; 03-25-09 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Grammar
    03-25-09 01:00 AM
    When I first read the title of this post I thought "oh no, another rumor rant" but this is probably the most honest post about OS upgrades, it's almost refreshing. Thanks
    03-25-09 01:08 AM
    His response was: "Just between us...
    Well so much for that, huh?
    03-25-09 01:21 AM
    Honestly, he might be telling the truth, but I wouldn't trust vzw workers.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 01:21 AM
    I don't know what vzw rep claims to have an inside scoop, but the guy you talked to was dead on. We find out days in advance. Frankly, odds are its already hit the press before we get any info.

03-25-09 01:23 AM
    Well so much for that, huh?
    I'm pretty sure he meant not to give his name out, or to implicate him in any way. It's an internal policy (discussing internal policies with non-employees, officials is a violation of some companies contracts). I rather he be honest with me. These are the reps we need.
    Last edited by Shadow.xXx; 03-25-09 at 01:31 AM.
    03-25-09 01:24 AM
    I don't know what vzw rep claims to have an inside scoop, but the guy you talked to was dead on. We find out days in advance. Frankly, odds are its already hit the press before we get any info.

Oops, misread your post. Disregard this post.
    03-25-09 01:28 AM
    finally someone posts something that isnt just "my vzw rep said .999 is coming out" it agree. this feels refreshing.
    03-25-09 01:28 AM
    Bumb for clarity
    03-26-09 06:28 AM
    If you read the other thousand or so posts about rumors on the official OS being released you would already know this. No one that you will ever meet in a VZW store has any idea when anything will be released until the day before. By the way this is just between you and me lol.
    03-26-09 06:40 AM
    Asking a VZW rep anything about this so called new OS is like asking the common member on crackberry about sex.
    03-26-09 06:53 AM
    Good to get some credible sounding info
    03-26-09 07:04 AM
    how about seeing is believing... all these false alarm posts and "a VZW rep said.." bs don't lead to anything + it's pretty safe to say that the day the official OS is released people starting ******** again about what's wrong with it..
    03-26-09 07:30 AM
    I'm hardly on pins and needles about the new OS release. I have no intention of installing it untill at least a week after it's been officially released and the dust settles. I'm not really a wuss, just careful.
    03-26-09 07:50 AM
    Asking a VZW rep anything about this so called new OS is like asking the common member on crackberry about sex.
    Hey! I know about sex, I read about it on wikipedia....

03-26-09 07:50 AM
    what is this so-called sex you talk of?
    03-29-09 07:03 AM
    I think we can ALL admit that nobody knows when the next official release will be out.

My goal is to try to be patient and let RIM and VZW work out kinks ahead of time, prior to release so that another Storm release like last November is averted
    03-29-09 09:57 AM
    I spoke to a tech support guy the day before yesterday, was very cool. Admitted being a crackberry member. Said about 10 guys at his location, midwest, are testing software for vzw. Wouldn't tell me what version, but I asked him if its going to be a game changing os update, and he said no, just to improve on issues.
    03-29-09 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD