The title says it all I'm at the store now these guys are asses but then again I love being pompiss lol but I can't wait I'm excited the s1 is good but not great and I hope it goes to att also so I can go network to network to see which is faster,mind u I'm on both carriers so I'm getting it either way,but the bold is pretty damn fast so we'll see which is faster this bold is a work horse and a half lol,but again I think the storms are aimed to others lol so what's ur guys thoughts on the reps lol? And how many like to just go and screw with them?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 08:58 PM
    some at&t reps can be mean also. i am in contract with at&t and never been on verizon. so i cant say about verizon.
    the bold is a beast. storm1 does not match up to bold.
    i like many are hoping storm 2 makes its way to at&t. but predictions are predictions. there is no truth until we see an at&t branded storm 2. many say this is very unlikely. from a business standpoint, at&t does need to do it. so far now, we will have to leave at&t out of the mix for the storm 2.
    10-03-09 09:15 PM
    isin't this an odin topic section not a verizon reps suck area?
    10-03-09 09:16 PM
    Lol cause well its aimed towards both the storm 2 and vzw,and I love att,vzw need to up the cs cause well their just asses lol but all n all I can't wait either way I'm gonna give the s2 a shot if it sucks I'm out a fone or I'll just sell it

10-03-09 09:26 PM
    Are you really laughing out loud at some of those things your saying? Maybe mix in a period too...

10-03-09 10:16 PM
    God yes ... just a period every once in awhile!
    10-03-09 10:18 PM
    Maybe I've just had good luck, but I've always had positive experiences with folks at the Verizon store. Not only with wife's and my BlackBerrys but our teenage kids phones. Never had an issue that wasn't worked out to my liking.

10-03-09 10:38 PM
    Cant say Ive had a lot of experience with the verizon reps but the one I got was really helpful. Went in on a Monday, talked with him for an hour about the tour, storm and storm 2 and he was cool and gave me his honest opinion most of the time. When I checked out with this storm, I was straight up with him and told him that Im gambling that S2 comes out before the end of my 30 day trial and he said that even if it came out a few days after that he would let me trade out anyway. Good experiences with TMo CS over the phone as well, too bad their service sucks out here and they arent getting S2 or i wouldve stayed.
    10-03-09 10:49 PM
    Cant say Ive had a lot of experience with the verizon reps but the one I got was really helpful. Went in on a Monday, talked with him for an hour about the tour, storm and storm 2 and he was cool and gave me his honest opinion most of the time. When I checked out with this storm, I was straight up with him and told him that Im gambling that S2 comes out before the end of my 30 day trial and he said that even if it came out a few days after that he would let me trade out anyway. Good experiences with TMo CS over the phone as well, too bad their service sucks out here and they arent getting S2 or i wouldve stayed.
    Before your 30 days is up, have that guy remark in your account that he told you he would honor the return. Either that or have him give it to you on a business card in writing with his initials or a signature. Honestly. If that guy told you something outside of Verizon's policy, no one else is going to help you with that except for him. What if he quits or something? You can't expect someone else to honor a rule that he just happened to make up. It would be your word against Verizon's policy.

Not that the other reps are out to get you or anything, but they hear that all of the time.

Customer: "I went in the store and the guy said that they would give me a credit/let me return after 30 days/give me a free headset/etc..."

Phone rep: "I'm sorry but there isn't anything to support that in the account notes so I have to follow the company policy which states that..."

Just cover your **** by getting him to remark what he said, otherwise it may end up that it comes out after your 30 days and you will be stuck with Storm 1 and miss out on Storm 2 until a year is up.

EDIT: Seriously? The word b-u-t-t is censored?
    Last edited by crackberryn00b; 10-03-09 at 11:25 PM.
    10-03-09 11:22 PM
    i agree with you they do suck
    10-03-09 11:25 PM
    Before your 30 days is up, have that guy remark in your account that he told you he would honor the return. Either that or have him give it to you on a business card in writing with his initials or a signature. Honestly. If that guy told you something outside of Verizon's policy, no one else is going to help you with that except for him. What if he quits or something? You can't expect someone else to honor a rule that he just happened to make up. It would be your word against Verizon's policy.

Not that the other reps are out to get you or anything, but they hear that all of the time.

Customer: "I went in the store and the guy said that they would give me a credit/let me return after 30 days/give me a free headset/etc..."

Phone rep: "I'm sorry but there isn't anything to support that in the account notes so I have to follow the company policy which states that..."

Just cover your **** by getting him to remark what he said, otherwise it may end up that it comes out after your 30 days and you will be stuck with Storm 1 and miss out on Storm 2 until a year is up.
    1 million% agree
    10-03-09 11:27 PM
    i appreciate it. To err on the side of caution you are right and I should do that. I really am gambling that it is coming out before my 30 days are up though b/c I am willing to bite the bullet and pay full price if I am wrong. I am going to email him now to let him know Id like something like that in solid writing not that i think it would hold any weight if challenged by determined persons of higher authority. Thanks for the concern man.
    10-04-09 12:22 AM
    Mid to late November. Nov 14tH or later.... I heard it myself from a call that upper management was on that it is 6 weeks out and that was the first of Oct...believE me or not just reporting what I shouldn't have heard...

10-04-09 05:37 AM
    Are you really laughing out loud at some of those things your saying? Maybe mix in a period too...

My thoughts exactly! Gotta love people that litter their posts with "lol" at the beginning and/or the end of each sentence. But then, I guess in order for it to be considered a sentence it would require a period to be thrown in every now and then.
    10-04-09 08:19 AM
    The title says it all I'm at the store now these guys are asses but then again I love being pompiss lol but I can't wait I'm excited the s1 is good but not great and I hope it goes to att also so I can go network to network to see which is faster,mind u I'm on both carriers so I'm getting it either way,but the bold is pretty damn fast so we'll see which is faster this bold is a work horse and a half lol,but again I think the storms are aimed to others lol so what's ur guys thoughts on the reps lol? And how many like to just go and screw with them?

Your post tells me two things.

1) You can't spell pompous
    2) You expect the front line reps to be 'in the know' right along with upper management. That would be foolhearty.

This (Storm 2) forum is the best argument yet that VZW is better off not telling their reps anything until the very last moment. The rumor mill in this forum is churning at full blast, wild speculation is flying this way and that, and often times a nugget of the unconfirmed gets picked up by endgadget or another site of similar ilk and an article is written that further propagates the frenzy. If VZW starts telling their army of reps details of a phone that hasn't been completely tested, approved, etc. it runs the risk of backfiring if the details change.

Telling their reps future plans too far ahead limits VZW from making changes. If they say to the reps, 'The phone is dropping on October 14th' and the reps spread the word, and VZW later decides to push it back, those who wish to early adopt and who spoke to a rep will scream bloody murder and demand the firstborn of the reps for compensation. "I was lied to! I'm so butthurt! I deserve a free phone for my pain and suffering! Boo hoo!" I've been on this forum long enough to KNOW that's how many people on here think. If you want to find them, look for them in the "I deserve a Storm 2 at a discount because I own a Storm 1" threads.

Besides, the reps purpose is to sell phones. If they have a customer in front of them, why would they spend any time talking about a phone they can't sell? You might listen to them and walk away.
    Last edited by mikestorm; 10-04-09 at 08:33 AM.
    10-04-09 08:28 AM
    okay i was smashed last night okay? second forgive me for my lack of punctuation i didnt realize we had so many that cared so i will make sure i use proper punctuation from here on out! anyways they still suck lol, plain and simple.
    10-04-09 05:49 PM
    (DELETED THE WORD 'OKAY') I was smashed last night okay? Second, forgive me for my lack of punctuation. I didn't realize we had so many that cared, so I will make sure I use proper punctuation from here on out! Anyways, they still suck lol, plain and simple.
    And when do you plan to start?

Couldn't help myself, I'm just trying to delay starting a 3-page paper. I know those aren't all the corrections, but those were the easy-to-correct stuff, at least.
    10-04-09 08:37 PM
    I spoke to a VZW rep today, other than being completely clueless as to the functions of the Storm, he didn't know what an emulator was and I had to explain it. Based on that I spoke to a supervisor, she told me that they will not know anything about the release date until October 15th. That being said, mikestorm makes a good point, VZW absolutely will not tell their reps anything until everything is confirmed and I guarantee you we will hear all about it on crackberry before they will.
    10-05-09 11:50 AM
    Out of every rep I've ever spoken to (in person, not *611), only two were ****** bags and one is because it was 5 mins til closing and he wanted us to leave. The other was at a little independently owned kiosk where he just needed to make quota. He told me that he knew all about the S2 and that it was exactly the same as the S1 except for the software. So by buying an S1 from him on the spot and then updating it at home, I'd have a brand new S2! Every other one I've spoken with has been knowledgeable about what they need to be. No, they don't know about the Storm 2 or Essex or any of those because they don't need to and no one teaches them about them until they get closer to release. I've always been happy with the service I've got from Verizon, but I've heard bad from other cities. It all depends where you live.

As far as *611, I love the phone support from VZW, I've always got friendly, knowledgeable support. If they don't know how to deal with your issue, they forward you to someone who can.
    10-05-09 12:01 PM

How many people have lives and don't have time to screw with these various reps?
    After reading this through with all the horrible grammar and spelling it explains a lot.
    10-05-09 12:31 PM
    okay i was smashed last night okay? second forgive me for my lack of punctuation i didnt realize we had so many that cared so i will make sure i use proper punctuation from here on out! anyways they still suck lol, plain and simple.
    I don't believe you were smashed. I do believe you are a typical loser who thinks he is outsmarting someone when you are simply displaying what an *** you are. We enjoy people like you. We enjoy remarking your account. So when you come in again, we know what an *** you are and instead of helping you, we will let you display your lack of intelligence for all to see

10-05-09 12:57 PM
    Yeah so before posting some dumbass thread think twice.
    10-05-09 02:59 PM
    I don't believe you were smashed. I do believe you are a typical loser who thinks he is outsmarting someone when you are simply displaying what an *** you are. We enjoy people like you. We enjoy remarking your account. So when you come in again, we know what an *** you are and instead of helping you, we will let you display your lack of intelligence for all to see

Last I knew, you weren't allowed to be biased while writing in a customers notes. You were only allowed to say they were verbally abusive, etc. But what do I know, you're the Wireless Vet!
    10-26-09 02:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD