Vzw sent me a brand new replacement. I was under the assumption I would be getting a refurb or just the phone. Instead I got a brand new phone with accesories and such. The vzw customer service told me I would only be getting the phone with no battery and door. She said to only send back the phone without the battery and battery door. My question is now that I got a new replacement phone with everything should I just send back the phone and keep the things that came in the box. Or will they charge me for those things if i dont.
    Thanks for any help guys.
    12-15-08 02:29 PM
    Send the extra stuff back along with your old device.
    12-15-08 02:55 PM
    Hey guys...I just stole some items from my friend and he never found out about it. Should I give him his things back?
    12-15-08 02:59 PM
    i heard a lot of people saying you only need to send in the phone?
    12-15-08 03:05 PM
    I talked to a VZW CSR...

Just send the phone back itself... you can keep all of the accessories, battery, and memory card. They just need the phone.
    12-15-08 03:08 PM
    CS told me to just send the phone back as well.
    12-15-08 03:13 PM
    I talked to a VZW CSR...

Just send the phone back itself... you can keep all of the accessories, battery, and memory card. They just need the phone.
    I was told the opposite from CS, they said IF you got a whole package you should send back all the extras or else your account will be charged. And when I asked around here, BEFORE calling VZW to confirm, some of the folks here had expierences where they were charged for the accessories they kept. Hope this helps.
    12-15-08 03:14 PM
    i would like to know as well. my replacement phone (new) is coming tomorrow. any info would be great
    12-15-08 03:37 PM
    I talked to a VZW CSR...

Damn, I should've kept the battery then.....I sent back the battery and mem card.

Oh well, no biggie.
    12-15-08 03:40 PM
    Damn, I should've kept the battery then.....I sent back the battery and mem card.

Oh well, no biggie.
    Incorrect.
    You would've been charged if you hadn't sent everything back.

A) If you received an FRU (brown packaging, phone only), you should return the phone only.

B) If you received a new unit (retail box, phone+accessories), you should return the phone and ALL accessories.

what makes everyone think that VZW is in the business of giving free rides??
    12-15-08 04:00 PM
    I asked the CS woman if i needed to send back the original accessories or if i should send back one of each and she told me only the phone. I asked if i keep the extra accessories and she said yes.

seems pretty black and white...if she was wrong then I'll call them up and tell them to look for the recording.....that simple.
    12-15-08 04:08 PM
    can anyone who has kept their retail replacement phone's accessories comment on whether they've been charged or not?
    12-16-08 11:45 AM
    I received a brand new unit as a replacement.

When I called the CSR, they looked at my history in the account then I asked, "What needs to be shipped back?" she replied, "We just need the phone back in the same box that your new phone came in." I then asked,"So, I keep the battery, memory card, and all the accessories and just send the phone?" She said, "yes, that is correct."

So, I'm doing just that... if I get charged, I will update this thread. But then again, if I am charged, I will tell them about the conversation I had above.
    12-16-08 11:48 AM
    they are not going to let you return just the phone and keep the battery! You would be a fool to think that. The CSRs that are telling you to just return the phone are misunderstanding or being too vauge. LOL they wouldnt let you get a free $30 battery and accessories.
    12-16-08 11:52 AM
    Hard to admit, but I'm wrong...

I called again to confirm... Skelzer is EXACTLY correct. Follow his lead. The CSR from yesterday assumed I had an FRU.
    12-16-08 12:30 PM
    You might get a different answer providing what you told the CSR when you called in. If you tell them that you received your device new with all new accessories, then they should tell you to return the extra accessories so that what you have left is one complete set. If you tell them that all you received was a phone, then they should tell you to return the defective phone & keep any SIM card, memory card, battery, etc. Why take the risk? If you can afford to pay $200 for a phone, then why can't you afford to buy some accessories?
    12-16-08 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD