Well my 30 days are technically up but when I explained to the rep that I have only had the phone in my possession for 3 week because of shipping delays at Christmas time he guaranteed me that I would be getting a new one and not a refurb. I think he felt bad for the B/S i had to deal with earlier. We will see though, I'm not sure how much pull he has in deciding whether or not I get a refurbished phone or a new one. Anyways I hope I get a new one cause I would hate to call back and try again. Is it so hard to get a phone that can click and not get dust behind the screen after a few weeks of use?(rhetorical question because after reading these forums daily it apparently is)
    01-26-09 11:38 PM
    Mackman honestly you have a very good chance of getting a good device because if he is sending you a new device it will certainly be made in January and i have only heard great things about the devices made in January so kudos and enjoy rest assured my friend you will be alright... me on the other hand cross your fingers for me bud lol. I'm glad it was all ironed out for you and let me know how you like your new device im predicting good things if not ill actually be surprised.
    01-26-09 11:45 PM
    F*ck that VZW dude. F*ck him in the ear! Get his name and job title and call CS. Explain to them what WILL happen, or request that wireless services be terminated. Starts to get their attention.

AT&T tried that crap on me as well. When I was done I had left my contract (four lines) 6 months early, with NO contract breach fees, and went from a $300 last month's bill (normal), to a $9 (yes $9) bill. I guess it was the final @ss kiss.....

Don't EVER let them talk to you that way. You should have promptly said, "B*tch, go get your f*ckin manager before I smash this Storm on your teeth and make you file my insurance claim."
    01-27-09 01:26 AM
    I know his name cause it was "Cory". I do knot know his job title but if his manager was there he/she was listening because like I said in prior posts, me and my girlfriend were the only people in the store and ever employee was watching. I know because when he started being rude to me I looked around in disbelief, hoping another employee would step in. Instead when I looked around I just saw them all staring at me like I was the one being the ****. One girl even kind of laughed when "Cory" made the comment about not giving me a replacement because I couldn't keep my device clean.
    01-27-09 09:44 AM
    I think when I get my new one I am going to request for "Cory" to help me activate it, and see if he remembers me. If not I will refresh it for him and probably ask to speak with a manager about our previous meeting.
    01-27-09 09:48 AM
    Was this "cory" guy a sales rep or technician?
    01-27-09 07:36 PM
    Was this "cory" guy a sales rep or technician?
    Technician, I only deal with sales people when I have to resign my contract once a year.
    01-28-09 12:31 AM
    well, technicians are employed through a company called Flextronics....they can be far from the best sometimes...but as the others said...just call him out on it and ask to speak with a manager asap....btw, always try to keep the manager on the floor. It's best to keep them with you because once they both go in the back the rep is going to throw every excuse outta his a$$ to make it seem like its you not him. And from what i've seen if you get other customers involved or just make a slight scene they will do whatever it takes to make you satisfied
    01-28-09 01:23 AM
    Sorry to hate on VzW right now but you def should not be treated as you said you were
    01-28-09 01:24 AM
    So I got my new phone today and its great. The screen clicks so much better then my old one and there is almost no light bleeding around the edge. Hopefully because there is no light bleeding there will not be any dust under the screen. The only problem I have now is that it wont let me activate the phone. Apparently you can only activate a phone during business hours? Anybody got an idea how I could activate it tonight? I tried *228 and I also tried calling th 1-800 number but both said I was not able to activate it at this time.
    01-28-09 07:42 PM
    That's odd. I thought over the air activation could be accomplished at all times.
    01-28-09 07:46 PM
    yeah that was my thought as well. I chose to wait like 20 min and try again but yet it still tells me that my request can not be processed at this time. Anybody got any ideas. Also the browser and app store is missing, i assume that they will show up when the phone becomes active.
    01-28-09 07:51 PM
    That is odd, I swear I have activated phones later at night.

Also I could not wait to post this....

A friend of mine was being treated the same way (with a different VZ phone) and he lost it, started yelling to the point of the manager making him leave because of the scene. On his way out he grabbed the trash can by the exit door and dumped it all over....to bad there was only paper in there, but it was hilarious.
    01-28-09 07:53 PM
    So I got my new phone today and its great. The screen clicks so much better then my old one and there is almost no light bleeding around the edge. Hopefully because there is no light bleeding there will not be any dust under the screen. The only problem I have now is that it wont let me activate the phone. Apparently you can only activate a phone during business hours? Anybody got an idea how I could activate it tonight? I tried *228 and I also tried calling th 1-800 number but both said I was not able to activate it at this time.
    You call the 1-800 number first, then enter your phone number. Then the account password. It will also ask if it's a insurance replacement. Follow all prompts. It will tell you to wait 5 minutes, then call *228. Do it. I had 0 problems yesterday, but maybe the system is down. Also, you can activate a device through Verizon's website.....

Hope that helps dude.
    01-28-09 07:54 PM
    That is odd, I swear I have activated phones later at night.

Also I could not wait to post this....

A friend of mine was being treated the same way (with a different VZ phone) and he lost it, started yelling to the point of the manager making him leave because of the scene. On his way out he grabbed the trash can by the exit door and dumped it all over....to bad there was only paper in there, but it was hilarious.
    Nice! your friend sound like a good friend to have, minor anger issues but still a funny guy. I wish I would have seen it or even acted like that myself. My girlfriend would have killed me if I acted like that and got us kicked out but I still would have loved to do it.

I seem to remember activating my old phone at like 9 when I got back from fed-ex the first time I got my storm.
    01-28-09 07:59 PM
    got it to work thanks for everyones assistance and support over the past couple days. You guys/girls are awesome!
    01-28-09 08:26 PM
    One of the things I've noticed on this site for a long time now is the fact that when someone post, the responses afterward all seem to fall in line with what the 1st responder had to say.

Your question was what should you do; but my question for you is this- your problems, based on your post, started some time ago- yet you waited just a few days shy of your 30 to do something about it. I dont understand why, if the problems were so bad, what took you so long?

I'm not saying that the person you dealt with in the store was 100% correct; but looking at what they put up with all day long, he could have "possibly" thought you were someone just trying to come up on another new phone.

So I take my phone into VZW store this afternoon because I could not stand the phone anymore. I love the storm but mine is just not functioning like it should. The screen does not click like it should at the bottom of the screen, right where the space button is in suretype. Also the amount of dust under the screen has become so distracting that its unbearable. Its so bad that when my friends ask to see my phone they tell me I need to learn to clean it cause its so dirty. So I take my phone back to VZW and as them what they can do. I explain the click issue and the dust. First the guy starts clicking and he said that he doesn't see a problem. I tell him its at the bottom of the screen and he continues to tell me that he wont replace it cause it clicks fine for him and that its just how the phone is. I know this is not the case because it has gotten progressively worse the longer I have used the phone. Not to mention my boss has the same phone and his clicks 10X better then mine all around. Next I tell him about the dust behind that screen and he looked at me and word for word said. "Yeah I noticed that, what do you expect me to do about it, its not like we are going to give you a new phone because you cant keep your device clean." It was about then when I realized he was just being a dic* and didnt want to help me no matter what. So I politely tell him that the device is flawed and shouldnt have a click problem and a dust problem after only 3 weeks of use. He then repeats that it clicks fine for him and its just me, and that I should have bought a screen protector!?!? Im not sure how a screen protector will help the seal between the LCD and the glass screen but maybe someone here can inform me. Also since when should I be forced to buy a screen protector or a holster in order for my device to work for more then 3 weeks? Anyways he told me there is nothing I could do and that I just need more time using my phone. Coincidently my 30 day trial runs out on Wednesday. So what do you guys recommend I do now. The phone is clearly flawed but the VZW people dont seem to want to give me the time of day. The deciding factor as to whether the phone is flawed in its click should not rely on some fool playing with it for 15 sec and saying its fine. Not to mention he told me he clearly saw the dust because of the flaw in the screen.

So what Should I DO?
    02-10-09 04:31 PM
    Like everyone else said if u r within your 30 days they have to replace it. No questions asked. I took mine in for dust problems and the tech rep is sending me a new one. I live in texas and have never had a problem with the vzw reps here. Southern hospitality I guess. And I have had mine since dec 15

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 06:50 PM
    i had a similar problem when speaking with a rep from 611 on the phone. i asked for the unlock code for my storm n he got a cocky. i told him he was being rude, n he said "tough" lol. so i clicked the contact us link on vzw site and reported him. they responded a day later saying it was taken care of. didnt say how, so i asked my buddy at the local vzw store to look into it... turns out he was canned. they have a ZERO tolerance policy when it comes to that.... so id report the *******. good luck
    02-10-09 06:57 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD