So I take my phone into VZW store this afternoon because I could not stand the phone anymore. I love the storm but mine is just not functioning like it should. The screen does not click like it should at the bottom of the screen, right where the space button is in suretype. Also the amount of dust under the screen has become so distracting that its unbearable. Its so bad that when my friends ask to see my phone they tell me I need to learn to clean it cause its so dirty. So I take my phone back to VZW and as them what they can do. I explain the click issue and the dust. First the guy starts clicking and he said that he doesn't see a problem. I tell him its at the bottom of the screen and he continues to tell me that he wont replace it cause it clicks fine for him and that its just how the phone is. I know this is not the case because it has gotten progressively worse the longer I have used the phone. Not to mention my boss has the same phone and his clicks 10X better then mine all around. Next I tell him about the dust behind that screen and he looked at me and word for word said. "Yeah I noticed that, what do you expect me to do about it, its not like we are going to give you a new phone because you cant keep your device clean." It was about then when I realized he was just being a dic* and didnt want to help me no matter what. So I politely tell him that the device is flawed and shouldnt have a click problem and a dust problem after only 3 weeks of use. He then repeats that it clicks fine for him and its just me, and that I should have bought a screen protector!?!? Im not sure how a screen protector will help the seal between the LCD and the glass screen but maybe someone here can inform me. Also since when should I be forced to buy a screen protector or a holster in order for my device to work for more then 3 weeks? Anyways he told me there is nothing I could do and that I just need more time using my phone. Coincidently my 30 day trial runs out on Wednesday. So what do you guys recommend I do now. The phone is clearly flawed but the VZW people dont seem to want to give me the time of day. The deciding factor as to whether the phone is flawed in its click should not rely on some fool playing with it for 15 sec and saying its fine. Not to mention he told me he clearly saw the dust because of the flaw in the screen.

So what Should I DO?
    01-26-09 07:32 PM
    Many people here say to call Verizon and the reps there are a bit more understanding. I always call in, the store never seems to help out. Its just a bit more inconvenient because you have to deal with shipping. Its like the store loose some type of bonus if they return phones, where the call center doesn't.
    01-26-09 07:41 PM
    what is the number that I call I cant find it on the VZW website?
    01-26-09 07:42 PM
    *611 from your phone
    01-26-09 07:45 PM
    Call Verizon to get a replacement. They will help you out. But be careful though. There is a really strong possibility that your Replacement Storm (Even Brand New) could potentionally have the same issue. I had the click issue, and put a 1 dot Felt pad attatched to the battery cover and put it right in the middle of the sim card and SD card and the click is Perfect now. The felt pad is really small anyway. The Dust issue, well...........get yourself a case lol. To cover the phone with and dont go sticking that beautiful piece of metal in your pocket without one lol
    01-26-09 07:46 PM
    I use *611 on the phone, I think this is the number but I had to put in my zip to get it...(800) 922-0204
    01-26-09 07:47 PM
    Call Verizon to get a replacement. They will help you out. But be careful though. There is a really strong possibility that your Replacement Storm (Even Brand New) could potentionally have the same issue. I had the click issue, and put a 1 dot Felt pad attatched to the battery cover and put it right in the middle of the sim card and SD card and the click is Perfect now. The felt pad is really small anyway. The Dust issue, well...........get yourself a case lol. To cover the phone with and dont go sticking that beautiful piece of metal in your pocket without one lol
    What case you you recommend
    01-26-09 07:47 PM
    Also there is a post around here (I cant find it now) but it describes how to use a torx screw driver to fix the screen click issue and its getting raves about how good it works.
    01-26-09 07:50 PM
    What case you you recommend
    getting a case is pointless.. i have had seven storms and all kept in the case and they still get dust... i reccomed you call they will send you a replacement..... there are perfect storms out there, you just have to keep looking to find it. Dont give up...... keep trying .. you will know when you have recieved a good one.
    01-26-09 07:56 PM
    getting a case is pointless.. i have had seven storms and all kept in the case and they still get dust... i reccomed you call they will send you a replacement..... there are perfect storms out there, you just have to keep looking to find it. Dont give up...... keep trying .. you will know when you have recieved a good one.
    sooks is right, I have mine in and out of my pocket all day and no dust, no case.
    01-26-09 08:00 PM
    So I take my phone into VZW store this afternoon because I could not stand the phone anymore. I love the storm but mine is just not functioning like it should. The screen does not click like it should at the bottom of the screen, right where the space button is in suretype. Also the amount of dust under the screen has become so distracting that its unbearable. Its so bad that when my friends ask to see my phone they tell me I need to learn to clean it cause its so dirty. So I take my phone back to VZW and as them what they can do. I explain the click issue and the dust. First the guy starts clicking and he said that he doesn't see a problem. I tell him its at the bottom of the screen and he continues to tell me that he wont replace it cause it clicks fine for him and that its just how the phone is. I know this is not the case because it has gotten progressively worse the longer I have used the phone. Not to mention my boss has the same phone and his clicks 10X better then mine all around. Next I tell him about the dust behind that screen and he looked at me and word for word said. "Yeah I noticed that, what do you expect me to do about it, its not like we are going to give you a new phone because you cant keep your device clean." It was about then when I realized he was just being a dic* and didnt want to help me no matter what. So I politely tell him that the device is flawed and shouldnt have a click problem and a dust problem after only 3 weeks of use. He then repeats that it clicks fine for him and its just me, and that I should have bought a screen protector!?!? Im not sure how a screen protector will help the seal between the LCD and the glass screen but maybe someone here can inform me. Also since when should I be forced to buy a screen protector or a holster in order for my device to work for more then 3 weeks? Anyways he told me there is nothing I could do and that I just need more time using my phone. Coincidently my 30 day trial runs out on Wednesday. So what do you guys recommend I do now. The phone is clearly flawed but the VZW people dont seem to want to give me the time of day. The deciding factor as to whether the phone is flawed in its click should not rely on some fool playing with it for 15 sec and saying its fine. Not to mention he told me he clearly saw the dust because of the flaw in the screen.

So what Should I DO?
    What should you do?
    (The below is what you SHOULD DO

1.) Determine what this moron's title is
    2.) Locate the manager, find out who is the top level
    3.) PLEASE tell me you are in Southern California???
    Because IF you are I will go with you to the store and totally Pwn this moron **** for you with pride. Lunch is on me bro....

Okay, once you have established #'s 1 and 2....You need to understand what rights you have as a consumer:

1.) You have a 30day no questions asked return policy. Except for usage on the phone you are entitled to a refund in full...Meaning WHEN this moron tells you -you cannot exchange this phone for another one you tell him #2 (below)

2.) You demand a refund in full because you don't like his **** poor attitude and you've never been talked to like this within ANY business transaction in your life, then ask to speak to the manager and denigrate this punk and tell the manager he has been the MOST unprofessional associate you've EVER dealt with and wish to file a complaint. (you won't but it adds emphasis of this moron's incompetency)

Once you've done this the manager WILL either hand you a NEW BB Storm, OR lose business... A smart businessman will WANT your business and apologize for the moron's actions...

SO, to recap, don't take NO for an answer.
    If you are in SoCal PM me and we'll go in together and I'll get you a new Storm myself. I cannot stand people who BULLY people.... I hate it, I loathe it, I detest it...

If you do have to return the phone because they won't play ball,
    here is what to do:

Call VZN, Order the phone, get it over-nighted for free

THEN go to that retailer and ask to have it activated there, but you don't.
    Activate it yourself or call VZN before hand, k?

THEN, when you see NEW customers getting a New Storm you talk VERY LOUDLY that they won't cover the dirty dust that WILL eventually get under the screen because of the hideous GAPS around the edges, then say, "here, let me show you!" -Make sure to tell the new customers what YOU were told by the *moron* -

Also be sure to tell them when the device doesn't click properly the incompetent employees WILL tell you that it clicks just fine and there is nothing they can do, because this is how professionals do business)

Tell then new customers that, and then SMILE your *** OFF!!!!

It sounds like you are in New Jersey...Are you?
    Last edited by SilvioBenussi; 01-26-09 at 08:04 PM.
    01-26-09 08:01 PM
    I say call too. I've had a few problems with my Storm and customer service was amazing while going into the store and dealing with sales reps was almost always a hassle and stressful.
    01-26-09 08:04 PM
    That guys sounds like some of the morons on this site. In fact I bet he's one of the fanboys that frequents this site.
    01-26-09 08:12 PM
    What should you do?

Because IF you are I will go with you to the store and totally Pwn this moron **** for you with pride. Lunch is on me bro....

Okay, once you have established #'s 1 and 2....You need to understand what rights you have as a consumer:

1.) You have a 30day no questions asked return policy. Except for usage on the phone you are entitled to a refund in full...Meaning WHEN this moron tells you -you cannot exchange this phone for another one you tell him #2 (below)

2.) You demand a refund in full because you don't like his **** poor attitude and you've never been talked to like this within ANY business transaction in your life, then ask to speak to the manager and denigrate this punk and tell the manager he has been the MOST unprofessional associate you've EVER dealt with and wish to file a complaint. (you won't but it adds emphasis of this moron's incompetency)

Once you've done this the manager WILL either hand you a NEW BB Storm, OR lose business... A smart businessman will WANT your business and apologize for the moron's actions...

If you are in SoCal PM me and we'll go in together and I'll get you a new Storm myself. I cannot stand people who BULLY people.... I hate it, I loathe it, I detest it...

here is what to do:

THEN, when you see NEW customers getting a New Storm you talk VERY LOUDLY that they won't cover the dirty dust that WILL eventually get under the screen because of the hideous GAPS around the edges, then say, "here, let me show you!" -Make sure to tell the new customers what YOU were told by the *moron* -

Also be sure to tell them when the device doesn't click properly the incompetent employees WILL tell you that it clicks just fine and there is nothing they can do, because this is how professionals do business)

Ok first I have to say that I laughed my **** off at this post.
    Next I work in customer service so I am usually able to get what I want. Today was a rare exception. I would like you all to know that called and I am getting a replacement shipped overnight. I told the rep on the phone the exact same thing that I told the rep in the store and he was all to willing to send me a replacement. He even apologized for how rude the rep at the store was to me. First time in my life that I was able to accomplish more over the phone then I was able to do face to face.

Oh and by the way I live in New York, so Im used to rude people.
    01-26-09 08:17 PM
    What should you do?

here is what to do:

Count me in on this one too...I have plenty of vaca time.
    01-26-09 08:24 PM
    Good to hear your getting it replaced, hope it works out for you.
    01-26-09 08:25 PM
    For the clicking use a torx screwdriver (t6). All you have to do is pop off your battery cover and below the battery you should see two silver screws on the left and right side. Give those a half turn to the left and you are done. I did it on mine and it works like a charm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 08:26 PM
    Can you return your phone, get refund, then purchase another?
    01-26-09 08:38 PM
    Go tell that doucheebag off, then call tech support and have them hook u up
    01-26-09 08:42 PM
    Ok first I have to say that I laughed my **** off at this post.
    Next I work in customer service so I am usually able to get what I want. Today was a rare exception. I would like you all to know that called and I am getting a replacement shipped overnight. I told the rep on the phone the exact same thing that I told the rep in the store and he was all to willing to send me a replacement. He even apologized for how rude the rep at the store was to me. First time in my life that I was able to accomplish more over the phone then I was able to do face to face.

Oh and by the way I live in New York, so Im used to rude people.
    New York, huh? Did you happen to go the Verizon store at the Atlantic Terminal in BK? Worst Verizon Store ever....
    01-26-09 08:50 PM
    NY! LOL! Plz tell me whic store so I can go there! I've gotten bad bad luck in Manhattan stores in SOHO and 5th Ave in the past. So a forum search for store customer service or search the verizon forums for my store disasters in NYC
    01-26-09 08:54 PM
    Seems to me like he's a customer that knows how he deserves to be treated.
    01-26-09 09:36 PM

So what Should I DO?
    If you had to deal with a hundred people a day coming in and complaining about their Storms....you might not be in the best of moods either.
    01-26-09 09:47 PM
    If you had to deal with a hundred people a day coming in and complaining about their Storms....you might not be in the best of moods either.
    Well me and my girlfriend were the only ones in the place and there were 7-10 VZW reps all standing there watching and looking at me like I was asking for their first born. All I wanted was for them to acknowledge that my phone was in fact broken and give me a replacement. Well he acknowledged the phone had a dust problem but basically said, sucks for you. I still find it sad that I was able to get more accomplished over the phone then in person.
    01-26-09 10:41 PM
    yea in store is **** i went to 3 different Verizon stores in my area (western Mass) and all of them said well i used a air can to blow out the dust on the side of your phone. Me then looking at them like they are complete tools and saying you know that only makes the problem worse right? Them then looking at me asking how. I proceed telling them why it makes matters worse and them saying oh i apologize and still receive now Refurb or New device. So having enough of the retailers crap i simply call on the phone and sure enough what do i get a refurbished device sent to my door unfortunately it was garbage and i sent it back and they are sending me another one (#5) lets hope 5 is the lucky number lol. I hear great things about storms made in January but due to my 30 days being up its only refurbs for me (this blows)
    01-26-09 11:21 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD