I'd really like to get my Storm at Best Buy and use my GC.

So while I was in Best Buy today, I asked them about buying the Storm. They pulled up my account and it still shows that I am not eligible for upgrade until June of 2010. I asked them if they would honor the VZW flier that gives me an early upgrade and they said they can only go by what my account says, which makes sense. They said they'd call VZW for me when I showed up on Friday, but no guarantees of what the result would be.

So, if I go to the VZW store, they can make this happen for me. Best Buy apparently cannot.

Edit: I will let you know if I can get this changed.
    Indirect agents are bound to what is shown on the account, exceptions are generally non-existent. Even with your flier it's going to be an exception process (most likely) or an early upgrade which is more SOP but still something difficult for indirect retailers to honor. As for having them call in and getting the date changed, if it happens go buy a lottery ticket right after because it certainly is your lucky day. Not saying that the upgrade itself would be difficult, but changing the dates for upgrade is going to be a stretch.
    11-16-08 03:13 AM
    i just got mine today... will be there too get mine on friday
    11-16-08 01:34 PM
    I had received the flyer in the mail and I am not eligible to upgrade until July of 2009. I went into my local VW store today and asked about the flyer. They told me they do honor the flyer and its 100% true they will let me upgrade only during that promotional time period. However they said the only two phones included in the deal are the Blackberry pearl and the ENV which are both pictured on the flyer. They said that picture of the Storm was just for advertisement and that it would not be included in this flyer promotion. I left and after reading on here hearing numerous people say this promotion WILL include the blackberry storm for normal 2 year contact price I decided to call CS. CS told me that the flyer that was sent out was in fact being honored but again I was told that only the two models (pearl and ENV) were the two phones you could choose from to upgrade early. So is that Storm being offered in this promotion or not? I have heard so many different stories. If so.. what do I need to tell verizon to get this thing working.
    11-17-08 04:24 PM
    I had received the flyer in the mail and I am not eligible to upgrade until July of 2009. I went into my local VW store today and asked about the flyer. They told me they do honor the flyer and its 100% true they will let me upgrade only during that promotional time period. However they said the only two phones included in the deal are the Blackberry pearl and the ENV which are both pictured on the flyer. They said that picture of the Storm was just for advertisement and that it would not be included in this flyer promotion. I left and after reading on here hearing numerous people say this promotion WILL include the blackberry storm for normal 2 year contact price I decided to call CS. CS told me that the flyer that was sent out was in fact being honored but again I was told that only the two models (pearl and ENV) were the two phones you could choose from to upgrade early. So is that Storm being offered in this promotion or not? I have heard so many different stories. If so.. what do I need to tell verizon to get this thing working.
    I was told the same thing today when I called about the flier. She noted my account to reflect that I will get the 1-year pricing+$50 MIR+whatever my corp. discount is when I order. My contract is up in 2010.
    11-17-08 04:33 PM
    So when you say they "noted your account" does that mean that you are eligible to get 1-year pricing how did you get them to do that. Is there a way to upgrade with one year pricing or what???
    11-17-08 05:00 PM
    Last i herd on phone they are "not" giving you a $100 credit if you are out of contract on this phone... but someone on here earlier said you have to haggle a little bit for it you can get it..

On another note about the fliers that went out.. there is no doubt in my mind that if you got that flier it made the impression that you can get the storm on Monday... That being said.. i called local Verizon Store and by 9:15am they already had SEVERAL angry customers in the store and had argued with salesman. They were upset he said.

That being said... does the flier say specifically anything? NO

but if someone would scan it in... it sure as heck implies that you can get it early.. trust me. I
    11-17-08 05:25 PM
    Is your name on the flyer?
    11-17-08 05:32 PM
    my name is not on the flyer... but my phone number is printed on the flyer as the one eligible for the "private sale"
    11-17-08 05:33 PM
    I got my flier on Friday the 15th. Nowhere on it does it say that it's only good on the EnV and Pearl. I stopped by my local verizon corp store on Sunday and was told that I will be able to use the card on the Storm.
    11-18-08 02:47 PM
    Only bad part is that all of us only a few months out from our NE2 seem to be sent to the "they're close enough...they can wait" pile.
    My NE2 is March 3 and my contract is up in June or July. I just called 611 with questions on this and was told I could do an early upgrade now for the 2 year price ($199 after $50 mail-in), or take $100 off if I wait till March. I asked about the $100 discount people have been talking about here to upgrade from a "dumb" phone to a "smart" phone and neither the guy I was talking to nor any of his neighbors had heard of it. On the plus side, I did discontinue my current data + tether plan, as my Vcast plan includes sufficient data for my current phone and I realized I'm paying $2/day to tether my laptop, even though I only tether it a couple days a month. I think I'm just gonna start toggling that as needed, e.g. just the $30 BB data plan most days, but I'll call & turn the tether on a day before going out of town, and back off when I get home.
    11-18-08 03:18 PM
    This sucks I ain't got no flyer. Verizon doesn't send me anything and I'm suppose to be part of the vip.
    I called my VIP "hotline" number and the agent extended me the courtesy of the upgrade price. She will be calling me Friday morning to take my order.
    11-18-08 03:34 PM
111 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD