I know this probably belongs in the VZW carrier forum, but there was a Storm photo on the flyer so I figured what the heck. Plus, I didn't see it posted anywhere.

Today, I got a flyer in the mail that said:

"Please join us for
    The Verizon Wireless Pre-Holiday Sale
    November 17-December 1
    And as our gift to you, you're now eligible to upgrade early"

I called VZW CS and they confirmed that I would be able to buy the Storm at the 2-year price. I am deep within a contract, so this is AWESOME news for me.

CS said I should bring the flyer in and you're only eligible if you got the flyer. I never thought I'd get the 2-year price!

Just thought I'd pass it along and sorry for the barely readable photo!!!
    11-14-08 06:58 PM
    Awesome! Did anyone else get this!? I want!
    11-14-08 07:01 PM
    I didnt get it, wish I did.
    11-14-08 07:11 PM
    Got it today, the card that is.. Called the store and I have a 7a.m. appointment to get my phone. Will be selling it to those people who were invited to come in. Yipeee!
    11-14-08 07:18 PM
    I got it too, but actually missed the part about upgrading early. I saw this post and actually went and dug mine out of the trash and re-read it. I'm over a year away of being eligible to upgrade, so if this is true then it's AMAZING! I'll call about it tomorrow.
    11-14-08 07:23 PM
    I know this probably belongs in the VZW carrier forum, but there was a Storm photo on the flyer so I figured what the heck. Plus, I didn't see it posted anywhere.

"Please join us for
    November 17-December 1

I called VZW CS and they confirmed that I would be able to buy the Storm at the 2-year price. I am deep within a contract, so this is AWESOME news for me.

CS said I should bring the flyer in and you're only eligible if you got the flyer. I never thought I'd get the 2-year price!

when does your contract actually expire? what city are you in?
    11-14-08 07:23 PM
    I got one, too! I was so excited. I just re-uped my contract at the end of July this year, which was also when I made the jump to my first ever Blackberry. I've been going over and over how I could possibly get a Storm for myself at the best price as soon as possible. The other sticky thing is that my wife's phone is older than mine, so I'd feel pretty bad getting a new Storm for me and nothing for her.

Well, Verizon was nice enough to solve that problem for me by send one of those early upgrade pricing fliers. Not only is it allowing me to get NE2 pricing after only being 4 months into my current contract, it is also allowing my wife's line to be upgraded as well.

Happy day! Now my plan is to get two Storms, one for me and one for the wife as an early Christmas present. She's already balked at the idea, saying that it would be too expensive, but I know she won't be able to stay mad at me for long once that wonderful piece of technology touches her finger tips.

The ironic thing is that I actually sent an e-mail to the VZW customer support a couple days ago asking if there is any way I would be able to upgrade to the Storm with 2-year pricing. I got the reply this afternoon that "unfortunately, you can only upgrade with 2-year pricing when you are eligible...". Well, now I am!!!

I'm so excited!!!

-SR-
    11-14-08 07:30 PM
    when does your contract actually expire? what city are you in?
    I live in the St. Louis, MO area and my contract was scheduled to expire in June 2010.
    11-14-08 07:32 PM
    That is extremely lucky and must be exclusive. Their not giving that out to everyone.
    11-14-08 07:34 PM
    That is extremely lucky and must be exclusive. Their not giving that out to everyone.
    Yeah, just their most handsome customers... ;-)
    11-14-08 07:37 PM
    Hrm..Our bill is like 180 a month! I want this! My contract isn't up for a long *** time and I want this phone so badly I can't stand it.
    11-14-08 07:38 PM
    This sucks I ain't got no flyer. Verizon doesn't send me anything and I'm suppose to be part of the vip.
    11-14-08 07:39 PM
    Hrm..Our bill is like 180 a month! I want this! My contract isn't up for a long *** time and I want this phone so badly I can't stand it.
    Hah, same here. Our FS plan is pretty hefty. Nothing tho from Verizon.
    11-14-08 07:40 PM
    i got my other flyer a few days after everyone else did on the forum so i'm hoping this one will be on its way!! honestly though, i think verizon has a lot of pressure to sell a lot of phones and many people who aren't eligible will get a 2 yr price if you're persistent enough.
    11-14-08 07:44 PM
    Got it today, the card that is.. Called the store and I have a 7a.m. appointment to get my phone. Will be selling it to those people who were invited to come in. Yipeee!
    Did you seriously make an appointment to buy the phone? Just curious.
    11-14-08 07:45 PM
    lol, why would you make an appointment, i don't think it means you'll get a storm any sooner then someone who gets there earlier
    im thinking VZW will do anything to sell the STORM thats why im thanking theyl let evey one upgrade early
    Do you think I should call a CS and ask if I can upgrade early?
    11-14-08 07:47 PM
    Do you think I should call a CS and ask if I can upgrade early?
    Yeah call and let us know what they say. I'm wondering the same thing.
    11-14-08 07:48 PM
    I wonder how the calculate who gets all these different promos. You know, what phone they currently have, how long they've been a customer, what their usage is, what they pay a month. I would be interested in knowing. My contract is up next March for my NE2. I'm passing on that for an early upgrade and all I have to do is waive the $100 credit. But I can do that because of our Corporate agreement. But my bill is over $200/month I have 2 lines plus a mobile broadband line for my Lenovo T500, and I'm a VIp member. I ain't gotten nothin from them. What gives?
    11-14-08 07:50 PM

"Please join us for
    November 17-December 1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Iam not happy about this! My annual is in Feb which is close enuff for vzw to let me upgrade in my opinion!

Select customers my ***......everyone should get one of these promos.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-08 07:55 PM
    Well I have 3 lines that were supposed to end in March, but got this today saying I can upgrade now. I wish I knew how it all worked, but I have 2 Blackberries on my plan.
    11-14-08 08:03 PM
    Yeah call and let us know what they say. I'm wondering the same thing.
    Hi,

I just wanted to register on this site to pass this along... if you are not eligible for an upgrade right now DEFINITELY CALL CS AND ASK.

I just did exactly that. I broke my current phone 3 weeks ago (still works, but smashed the screen) and when I called 3 weeks ago asking for any kind of early upgrade they said no. I'm not eligible for a "NE2" until June 2009 or a new phone at two-year upgrade prices also until June 2009.

When I called today and specifically said my current phone was broke and I really really wanted the new BB Storm @ $199 the CS guy put me on hold for a few minutes. He said no guarantees but he'll see what he can do. When he came back he said he was able to bump me up so I could get any phone I wanted at the two year upgrade price!!

So if you're not up for one now call VZW and give it a try!! You have nothing to lose. The only thing the CS guy could NOT do was bump up my NE2. I'll still have to wait for that (but if I get a storm I won't be upgrading for a LONG time!!)
    11-14-08 08:06 PM
    I got mine in the mail today... only my NE2 was up in August, and my 2-year contract ends at the end of December anyway. All I want is for the phone to be IN the store when I go on Saturday.

What exactly are the "appointments" for?
    11-14-08 08:15 PM
    I had to dig my flyer out of the garbage after seeing this tread. I guess Im getting a storm on the 17th!!!
    11-14-08 08:48 PM
111 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD