Having trouble wrapping my feeble mind around the plans Verizon is trying to attach to BBs. Could use some input from the more seasoned BB folks... full disclosure I tried to stick this into a thread that seemed fitting to no avail. Round 2:

Verizon has what it refers to as an �Email & Messaging� plan. This plan sounds like it covers whatever amount of minutes are included (450,900,etc) and "data" (internet?) access to keep my associated emails up to speed. But do you think this also cover internet browsing or do I need yet another plan? Specifically, unlimited net browsing.

I'm concerned about making sure I get the proper setup without getting hosed by a seedy telesales person smelling blood in the water on the other end.

Appreciate the hand holding, I�ve tried to find a clear (read one I can understand) answer through VZWs site or reading some of the boards with no real luck. Might be me being dull. Cheers.
    11-11-08 02:31 PM
    the $30 BB plan is for non enterprise email and unlimited web browsing. The phone rep suggested to me to get the select plan in order to get unlimited messaging.
    11-11-08 02:38 PM
    I'm not an expert like some here, but I believe that plan isn't "compatible" with BBs. You need either of the BB plans; BIS for $30/mo or BES for $45. Then, you pick a voice and, if you want, messaging plan.
    11-11-08 02:38 PM
    That plan (Blackberry Nationwide Email & Messaging) includes unlimited data (internet, email, etc.) and unlimited text and pic messaging.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 11-11-08 at 02:42 PM.
    11-11-08 02:39 PM
    They also have the BB solution plans, which package voice + BIS + messaging.
    11-11-08 02:40 PM
    That plan (Blackberry Nationwide Email & Messaging) includes unlimited data (internet, email, etc.) and unlimited text and pic messaging.
    Wait which one is that ^^?

I'm confused!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-08 02:44 PM
    Wait which one is that ^^?

I'm confused!

Enter your location

Look under Blackberry Plans.
    11-11-08 02:49 PM
    Im confused as ****..Sorry to hijack

but whats the difference between

Blackberry� Solution Unlimited Data Usage $44.99/month
    Email and Web for BlackBerry� $29.99/month
    11-11-08 02:56 PM
    DBK, my fault. Should have mentioned this is one of their BB specific plans. The name for their traditional plan is identical.

This would be my answer I think:
    That (Blackberry Nationwide Email & Messaging) is the plan I had in mind specifically. If that includes unlimited net browsing (not just access for email alone), then I finally see the light.

Of primary concern was the thought that I'd pay 99.99US a month for the plan mentioned, then have to add a data plan of (listed on VZW.com) 49.99US/month to use the internet at will. 150US/month plus taxes for one guy, even for what the BB can do, seems extreme.
    11-11-08 02:57 PM
    First I am going to say I come on this site and read everyday. You guy's and ladies are great.

I guess Im in the same boat as the guy whom started this. I read and read but just do not understand it that well. So Im going to ask an other way. Please bear with. My current phone is the Moto Q.

I will use the Storm when it comes out for personal use not work.

I will use 450mins voice or less per month
    ( I now pay $39.99 per month for 450min)

I will use texting and do not want to be charge per text
    (I now pay $10 per month for unlimited in text and 500 out text)

I will use internet on the phone all day long
    (I now pay $40.00 per month for unlimited data usage)

I will use tethering
    (I now pay $15.00 per month for tethering and use way beyond the 5g limit, upwards to over 12 to15. I never have been charged extra for going over.)

So now what plan do I get when I get the Storm when it comes out and I want to keep things as close to the same as possible?
    11-11-08 02:58 PM
    Im confused as ****..Sorry to hijack

but whats the difference between

Blackberry� Solution Unlimited Data Usage $44.99/month
    Email and Web for BlackBerry� $29.99/month
    No worries...
    I think the second is only available under 'Business Plans' if I'm reading right. Its only shown under their "Business Voice and Data Plans".... which would make it "Personal Email Plan" under a "Nationwide Email for Business Plan".

Maybe though if you have the biz plan (and thus 5 or more lines) they cut you a break on the email/net pricing for personal use? guessing here obviously.

Lance, I think you might be looking at the same plan I am (Blackberry Nationwide Email & Text for 450 mins at 99.99/month). I'm looking for nearly the same thing minus the last bit (tethering?). Not sure on that; but some folks on here very well may.
    11-11-08 03:22 PM
    So now what plan do I get when I get the Storm when it comes out and I want to keep things as close to the same as possible?
    If I am not mistaken, by the sound of what is on the Verizon site, you would get the $99 BB plan, unlimited text/net/+450min. that would be the plan I expect to use when my storm comes in.
    11-11-08 03:56 PM
    All sooooo confusing....I too am not going to be using the storm for business. I'm interested in only using it for the mutimedia purposes and browsing the web, not to forget about txting/video msgs. I pay around $140 a month. l've got the premium plan which is unlimited everything and 700 anytime minutes. My wife and I are the only ones on my plan.

11-11-08 03:56 PM
    First I am going to say I come on this site and read everyday. You guy's and ladies are great.

I guess Im in the same boat as the guy whom started this. I read and read but just do not understand it that well. So Im going to ask an other way. Please bear with. My current phone is the Moto Q.

I will use the Storm when it comes out for personal use not work.

I will use 450mins voice or less per month
    ( I now pay $39.99 per month for 450min)

I will use texting and do not want to be charge per text
    (I now pay $10 per month for unlimited in text and 500 out text)

I will use internet on the phone all day long
    (I now pay $40.00 per month for unlimited data usage)

I will use tethering
    (I now pay $15.00 per month for tethering and use way beyond the 5g limit, upwards to over 12 to15. I never have been charged extra for going over.)

You can get the same things for the Blackberry, except data will only be $30 for BIS or $45 for BES (if you need BES), both are unlimited data.

No idea about the tethering.

The plan I'm getting is:
    39.99 Nationwide Basic (450 Min, unlim IN + N&W)
    10.00 500 Texts + unlim IN
    29.99 Email and Web for Blackberry (BIS, unlim data)
    Last edited by devman; 11-11-08 at 04:04 PM.
    11-11-08 04:01 PM
    Tethering is an extra $15
    11-11-08 04:09 PM
    Thank you to all.
    11-11-08 04:09 PM
    Ok can someone please help me? I plan on ordering my storm online and it will be my 1st blackberry...I won't need a lot of voice minutes, 450 is enough for me, I do mostly texting and I want unlimited data access...I'm looking on the Verizon website and I'm so confused on which plan to get...on the top there are tabs that say : Basic, Select, Email, Email & Messaging, Messaging, and Blackberry Email...I was looking at the Eamil and messaging section, would that be the right one for me? I know this isn't the Verizon store and all but I thought someone with Blackberry experience would know...I tried posting the link from the page with the plans but it won't let me
    Last edited by Roxy Surf; 11-11-08 at 04:49 PM.
    11-11-08 04:45 PM
    Ok can someone please help me? I plan on ordering my storm online and it will be my 1st blackberry...I won't need a lot of voice minutes, 450 is enough for me, I do mostly texting and I want unlimited data access...I'm looking on the Verizon website and I'm so confused on which plan to get...on the top there are tabs that say : Basic, Select, Email, Email & Messaging, Messaging, and Blackberry Email...I was looking at the Eamil and messagin section, wold that be the right one for me? I know this isn't the Verizon store and all but I thought someone with Blackberry experience would know...I tried posting the link from the page with the plans but it won't let me
    Blackberry Nationwide Email & Messaging Plan would be perfect for you.
    11-11-08 04:48 PM
    Ok can someone please help me? I plan on ordering my storm online and it will be my 1st blackberry...I won't need a lot of voice minutes, 450 is enough for me, I do mostly texting and I want unlimited data access...I'm looking on the Verizon website and I'm so confused on which plan to get...on the top there are tabs that say : Basic, Select, Email, Email & Messaging, Messaging, and Blackberry Email...I was looking at the Eamil and messagin section, wold that be the right one for me? I know this isn't the Verizon store and all but I thought someone with Blackberry experience would know...I tried posting the link from the page with the plans but it won't let me
    Sound exactly like me (OP)... see if i can help. I'm looking for 450 mins, unlimited texts of any kind, obviously full email and unlimited browsing the net. If the poster on page 1 is right, then the plan for me is the "Blackberry Nationwide Email & Messaging" plan, which includes all the above for 99.99US/month.

If I follow you, I think that'd be the one for you too. (again, provided poster on pg1 is on target and I have no reason to believe otherwise.)

Glad I wasn't the only one who got a bit of brain freeze trying to sort out plan options for my first BB.
    11-11-08 04:49 PM
    Blackberry Nationwide Email & Messaging Plan would be perfect for you.
    Roxy meet poster from pg 1. I'll just shut it.
    11-11-08 04:54 PM
    Sound exactly like me (OP)... see if i can help. I'm looking for 450 mins, unlimited texts of any kind, obviously full email and unlimited browsing the net. If the poster on page 1 is right, then the plan for me is the "Blackberry Nationwide Email & Messaging" plan, which includes all the above for 99.99US/month.

If I follow you, I think that'd be the one for you too. (again, provided poster on pg1 is on target and I have no reason to believe otherwise.)

Glad I wasn't the only one who got a bit of brain freeze trying to sort out plan options for my first BB.

Thanks for your help ... Thats the one I will go with, it was just confusing looking at the different sections, now its making more sense to me.
    11-11-08 04:57 PM
    Thanks for your help ... Thats the one I will go with, it was just confusing looking at the different sections, now its making more sense to me.
    If you still need help deciding, there is a sticky thread under the Verizon forums called Ask a Rep. Should be able to get more info there.
    11-11-08 05:00 PM
    If you still need help deciding, there is a sticky thread under the Verizon forums called Ask a Rep. Should be able to get more info there.

Thanks, you helped me decide, at 1st for some reason, the page with the plans made no sense to me, i guess i figured all of the plans would be on the same page, but since they weren't, i thought that you choose the 1st "Basic" plan and the rest you would just add-on if you wanted that option...lol I'm probably making no sense, well I understand now, thank you for your help
    11-11-08 05:05 PM
    I'm pretty much in the same boat as everyone else. I'm curious if I can get everything else but push e-mail? I don't see an option to get unlimited internet without getting "Email and Web for BlackBerry�" which includes push e-mail.

If I need to get push e-mail to have unlimited then I will get it. I just don't really want to pay more for it if I don't have to since I wouldn't really use it that much.

Thanks!
    11-11-08 06:38 PM
    Wow i thought i was all alone not being able to figure out the plans! got alot out of following this thread.........last question would be if the add a line cost
    11-11-08 07:03 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD