06-12-10 12:13 PM
57 123
tools
    If you do download it there are a few problems when you try to subscribe. It doesnt allow you to. You have to call customer service and tell them you want to add the vcast video. The might tell you it cant just tell them someone right next to you have done it. Its a feature called Vcast video only. I just did it for a customer in my store good luck.
    08-20-09 11:49 AM
    Another app store? Why? The first one (VZAppZone) is horrendous...they should just save themselves the embarrassment and not push another.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well the new one coming up is completely open for devs and they already started a contest and dev signups. VZAppZone is very bad hardly anything in it. But this one is said to be iTunes like... So we shall see.
    08-20-09 12:10 PM
    Another app store? Why? The first one (VZAppZone) is horrendous...they should just save themselves the embarrassment and not push another.

this is how VZW does it, they have a store for apps, a store for ringtones/RBT/music, and one for video...don't ask me why, but this is their thing. IMO it's pretty good, lots of exclusives...but i got a berry to get AWAY from this shizz, not get a blackberry compatible version to suck my wallet dry too!
    08-20-09 12:14 PM
    Yea well I just went online and add a new RBT with no problem so you tell me what that means...
    It was a website error. I signed up today. Probably doing maintanance since it was like 1am when I tried.
    08-20-09 12:17 PM
    u are very correct I read into the problem wrong I apologize
    ironically calling USER ERROR was, in fact a user error:

yours...

ROFLMAO
    08-20-09 12:22 PM
    WOW Signed up with no issues via client. This is sooo awesome. FULL screen, ZERO pixilation. Pretty much flawless digital tv quality. I'm uber impressed. $10 = worth it.
    08-20-09 12:45 PM
    WOW Signed up with no issues via client. This is sooo awesome. FULL screen, ZERO pixilation. Pretty much flawless digital tv quality. I'm uber impressed. $10 = worth it.
    $10 > $0, which is what it was before...i'd personally choose the $0, but that's just me. i hate when companies do this. provide a free service, find out it's popular, then charge you for it. their success will be their downfall!!!!!

get sponsors to compensate for the costs, like every other free video hosting site!
    08-20-09 12:56 PM
    I have been looking for this all morning after i saw this thread last night, could someone please tell me how to download this or post a link, it would be much appreciated guys, thanks!
    08-20-09 12:58 PM
    blackberry browser go to the verizon page get apps then vcast videos or if you want i can send you of ota link
    08-20-09 01:10 PM
    blackberry browser go to the verizon page get apps then vcast videos or if you want i can send you of ota link
    Yeah that's what I did. Verizon still needs to update the BB Application Center. It would be nice if they would...
    08-20-09 01:30 PM
    Im gonna try to download it, kinda new to the whole bb world, an OTA would be awesome though in case i fail.
    08-20-09 01:34 PM
    I want to be curious about the service but the 3 bucks for 1 day is stupid.
    08-20-09 01:35 PM
    08-20-09 01:47 PM
    ironically calling USER ERROR was, in fact a user error:

yours...

ROFLMAO
    LOL D***... haha... that is pretty funny tho...
    08-20-09 03:38 PM
    Is the $10 per month in addition to the $30 per month BB data plan?
    08-21-09 02:27 PM
    yes it's on top of the $30 data fee, $10 for access to the content
    08-21-09 03:23 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V CAST Video From Verizon Wireless Now Playing On BlackBerry Storm Smartphones

Customer Inquiries

For customer inquiries, please call 800-922-0204 or go to
    Contact Us

Media Contact Info

Debra Lewis
    Debra.Lewis@VerizonWireless.com
    908-559-7512

08/21/2009

BASKING RIDGE, NJ ó Watching great television programs whenever you want just got easier as Verizon Wireless said today that its V CAST Video on Demand service is now available to BlackBerryģ Stormô smartphone customers. Beginning today, TV fans who donít want to miss episodes of their favorite shows can download the application directly to their BlackBerry Storm smartphones and start watching exciting video programming on demand.

V CAST Video now features more than 100 full-length programs from leading broadcast and cable networks, including some of the summerís favorite series and shows that will be premiering or returning this fall season. Programs, ranging from highly-rated drama and comedy series to reality programs and childrenís programming, are available on demand in easy-to-watch segments that appear on the phone soon after their original air dates.

V CAST Video also delivers live sporting events, including NHL hockey games and an upcoming slate of college football games, so people who are away from their television sets wonít miss a minute of the action.

BlackBerry Storm smartphone customers are the first to enjoy V CAST Video on their Verizon Wireless smartphones. They can find V CAST Videos by going to the VZ Today link in their browsers, clicking on Get Apps, and selecting V CAST Videos to download the application. A V CAST Video icon will appear on the deviceís home screen, and customers can move it to the place thatís most convenient for them.

V CAST Videos on the BlackBerry Storm smartphone features an updated design, making it easier for viewers to search for and watch the shows they want to see, as well as higher resolution video, taking advantage of the handsetís enhanced multimedia capabilities. The search function has been made more prominent, giving customers the ability to find specific programs or channels quickly.

BlackBerry Storm smartphone customers with unlimited data plans can add V CAST Videos for a $10.00 monthly subscription.

V CAST Video Also Available On Many Feature Phones
    Customers who have select V CAST-enabled feature phones can check out V CAST whenever they want for just $3.00 for a one-time 24-hour use or by signing up for the $15.00 V CAST VPak monthly subscription, which includes access to V CAST Video featuring more than 100 full-length programs from leading broadcast and cable networks, the Verizon Wireless ESPN MVP service, Get It Nowģ, and Mobile Web services. Customers get unlimited basic video, but application download fees may apply for 3D games and premium video. There are no airtime or megabyte charges to download, stream or watch V CAST content with any V CAST subscription.

For more information about products and services from Verizon Wireless, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit New Cell Phones, CPO Cell Phones, Prepaid Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless.

About Verizon Wireless
    Verizon Wireless operates the nationís most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving 87.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 87,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit New Cell Phones, CPO Cell Phones, Prepaid Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=529aYZXP.

The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive property and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited.

####
    08-21-09 05:03 PM
    VCast Is Somewhat Useless.
    08-21-09 05:10 PM
    VCast Is Somewhat Useless.
    it's useless, until VZW blocks streaming media to your phone and it's the only way to watch streaming video...otherwise, yes...i agree with you. in principle anyway
    08-21-09 05:13 PM
    At last! Some good TV on the storm. Still hoping for some live news stream soon but for now this is great.

No distorted or slow videos. Very good quality and not a bad interface. Just wish it had an option to reorganize the categories how I want them or let me hide ones I don't need. Little annoying to have kids category on top and have to scroll down for news stuff.

08-21-09 06:07 PM
    i agree with this comment from another thread:

It's fine to offer exclusive content with VCast for the extra charges, but to block access to channels already open & available to the general public is really a deplorable business practice.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/vc...charge-298688/
    08-21-09 06:22 PM
    This whole thing - depending on how it plays out would be very interesting considering what the FCC is trying to do regarding "Net Neutrality".
    08-21-09 07:41 PM
    Can someone post all the shows? Thanks.
    08-21-09 09:45 PM
    I called Verizon to see if they could waive the $3.00 fee to test it out for 24 hours before purchasing it, and I was told no.

I've had great experience w/their customer service, and I was shocked to hear they couldn't waive $3.00, but I think I was talking w/a newbie because he kept asking if I was talking about the internet package, and I had to repeat "VCAST VIDEOS" 3 times.

If someone else has a different experience post it
    08-22-09 01:09 PM
    What? Pay for a limited lineup of programs that I can watch on a screen 500x smaller than my television? Why would I do that?
    08-22-09 02:28 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD