06-12-10 12:13 PM
57 123
tools
    Tomorrow for Storm Users. Not all that exciting for Some I personally could care less about it but thought I would share it I did a search in the forums and couldn't find anything about it so if this is old news then I apologize.

EDIT: V CAST Videos 5.0 launching on BlackBerry Storm! Updated: 8/19/2009 1:48:07 PM(ET)
    V CAST Videos 5.0 is launching on the BlackBerry Storm effective Aug. 20. V CAST Videos 5.0 expands the existing V CAST Videos consumer product - adding selective key functionality as well as improving the overall user experience.

Features:
    V CAST Video 5.0 features available on the BlackBerry Storm include:

o Video Quality - Improved quality through great device capability
    o Search Function - Search bar now available on home screen
    o Home Page - Updated to establish V CAST Videos as dynamic, entertaining and interesting experience
    o Promoted Content - Customers can access promoted content via the home screen

Requirements:

o Must be a post-pay subscriber
    o V CAST capable device, including BlackBerry Storm
    o V CAST Videos may be purchased as a standalone product rather than a part of the VPAK for customers with an unlimited data plan.

For latest devices, go to: New Cell Phones, CPO Cell Phones, Prepaid Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless > Features and Downloads > Tools and Applications > Browse > All Tools & Apps

Note: New devices to be added at a later date - Keep Checking!
    Note: Currently, V CAST 5.0 is only available on the LG Voyager VX10000, VX10000 Titanium, and the BlackBerry Storm.
    Last edited by kbizzles; 08-19-09 at 05:20 PM.
    08-19-09 04:56 PM
    lol, so in other words, verizon wants us to download and pay for clips of videos we could probably find on youtube?
    08-19-09 06:06 PM
    lol, so in other words, verizon wants us to download and pay for clips of videos we could probably find on youtube?
    haha.. lol seriously like I said I could care less about it but thought I would share for anyone that does.
    08-19-09 06:08 PM
    this is starting to make sense based on other recent events that have happened....oh lord, they're turning the blackberry into a vcast dumbphone with email....wtf!!!
    08-19-09 07:26 PM
    Well VCast is actually pretty decent I liked it on my Dare, though the video quality wasn't up to snuff. If they enhance it to make it look like it should on the Storm I won't mind. They did have an impressive library and tons of full length shows. I could even get my LOCAL news which is in upstate NY.

If they keep this under $10 I'd probably subscribe to it. ABC, NBC, Fox, Discovery (all, tlc, etc), Bravo and others all had a huge chunk of shows on it that and Looney Tunes :P.

Right now they have the free version which is on the mobile site for BB users but the video is meant for low quality dumbphones and wasn't watchable on the Storm.

I know both RIM and Verizon are making efforts for the storm to be an "all in one" work and entertrainment phone, which is why i love mine.

But if we find out (Patches and I and others have another thread with tech support tickets in) that they are blocking mobile NBC, mobile ABC, etc because of this I will probably bite the bullet and go to Sprint. At least they don't block websites like this and they have their full TV service and plans are cheaper than Verizon for their simply everything. I pay $94 a month for data/450min/500 and mob to mob texts, visual voicemail, extended warrenty. Which can be had on sprint for $69.99 all inclusive with unlimited texting.

I know Verizon is putting out a new App Store Q4 2009 for smart phones which is supposedly going to be a compliment to the BB App Store and rival iTunes.. So there seem to be lots of changes on the horizon.
    Last edited by mrspock2002; 08-19-09 at 08:58 PM.
    08-19-09 08:55 PM
    If it's the VCast TV thing I would probably subscribe, but I bet it's just the Video one with downloadable content
    08-19-09 09:00 PM
    BTW could you list your source? is it on the verizon test site?
    08-19-09 09:03 PM
    If it's the VCast TV thing I would probably subscribe, but I bet it's just the Video one with downloadable content
    Oh man its much better than that. 99 percent of it is streaming, and they have loads of full lengnth shows on it. Hopefully they keep the huge library they have on the original like I had on the Dare... Was actually good stuff and worth it. But I'm gonna be p*ssed if this is why they are blocking mobile video sites (aside from youtube)..

Edit: OK why the heck are they putting it on the Voyager which has been replaced by the much better EnV Touch.... You'd think the upgraded vcast video would be put on its new "king" dumbphone and not on the old Voyager....
    Last edited by mrspock2002; 08-19-09 at 09:07 PM.
    08-19-09 09:05 PM
    Guys... I can go to m.nbc.com without a problem. I can't watch the video since my browser won't properly ID, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 09:08 PM
    Guys... I can go to m.nbc.com without a problem. I can't watch the video since my browser won't properly ID, though.

You can go to the website yes, you can't however is watch any of the shows. The "proper ID" is BS and the shortcut they have you download for the browser to use "BlackBerry" ID gives the same result and doesn't work. And when it doesn't give you and ID error it gives you a "forbidden" error.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/m-n...estion-296429/

Patches and I both have tickets in for it.
    08-19-09 09:16 PM
    M'eh I might decide to research an issue before I reply next time, lol.

08-19-09 09:34 PM
    You took it better than my lady friend when I used that line on her...

08-19-09 09:37 PM
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!! patches... you make this forum fun for me :P

ah well. m.vcast.com at least has a massive collection of looney tunes.

Crappy cam pic tho..

08-19-09 09:40 PM
    It's not Vcast Mobile TV it's the Downloadable Content that's why I said I really could care less about this

BTW could you list your source? is it on the verizon test site?
    I will not list my Source as to protect them however it is very creditable information and you will believe me tom. when it's released if you don't believe me...
    08-19-09 09:40 PM
    My friend just got the email today. Its legit. I amz will crying for with no free payware

08-19-09 09:50 PM
    My friend just got the email today. Its legit. I amz will crying for with no free payware

All this excitement. I'll stay up til morning hopefully its launched :P

I just tried adding Ringback tones to my account.. But it won't let me. That have anything to do with me have a BB plan?
    08-19-09 09:54 PM
    All this excitement. I'll stay up til morning hopefully its launched :P

I just tried adding Ringback tones to my account.. But it won't let me. That have anything to do with me have a BB plan?
    USER ERROR!!!!
    08-19-09 10:13 PM
    i lol'd @ wood..
    08-19-09 10:25 PM
    USER ERROR!!!!
    Definatly not user error. Getting an "error code 228". Looks like a lot of people get the same thing.. I'll call in the AM.
    08-19-09 10:49 PM
    Definatly not user error. Getting an "error code 228". Looks like a lot of people get the same thing.. I'll call in the AM.
    Yea well I just went online and add a new RBT with no problem so you tell me what that means...
    08-19-09 10:52 PM
    Adding a new RBT and adding RBT are completely different, kbizzles.

08-20-09 12:59 AM
    Well VCast is actually pretty decent I liked it on my Dare, though the video quality wasn't up to snuff. If they enhance it to make it look like it should on the Storm I won't mind. They did have an impressive library and tons of full length shows. I could even get my LOCAL news which is in upstate NY.

If they keep this under $10 I'd probably subscribe to it. ABC, NBC, Fox, Discovery (all, tlc, etc), Bravo and others all had a huge chunk of shows on it that and Looney Tunes :P.

Right now they have the free version which is on the mobile site for BB users but the video is meant for low quality dumbphones and wasn't watchable on the Storm.

I know both RIM and Verizon are making efforts for the storm to be an "all in one" work and entertrainment phone, which is why i love mine.

But if we find out (Patches and I and others have another thread with tech support tickets in) that they are blocking mobile NBC, mobile ABC, etc because of this I will probably bite the bullet and go to Sprint. At least they don't block websites like this and they have their full TV service and plans are cheaper than Verizon for their simply everything. I pay $94 a month for data/450min/500 and mob to mob texts, visual voicemail, extended warrenty. Which can be had on sprint for $69.99 all inclusive with unlimited texting.

I know Verizon is putting out a new App Store Q4 2009 for smart phones which is supposedly going to be a compliment to the BB App Store and rival iTunes.. So there seem to be lots of changes on the horizon.
    Another app store? Why? The first one (VZAppZone) is horrendous...they should just save themselves the embarrassment and not push another.

08-20-09 02:21 AM
    DOWNLOADING NOW! Lol

Edit: On 5.0.0.140 why does the little V animation start then for some reason it comes to the browser?

Last edited by tghockey07; 08-20-09 at 02:31 AM.
    08-20-09 02:28 AM
    Well currently you can download the Vcast but you cant suscribe for the service has anyone else goten success with the app?
    08-20-09 02:53 AM
    Adding a new RBT and adding RBT are completely different, kbizzles.

u are very correct I read into the problem wrong I apologize
    08-20-09 04:42 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD