Customer Support is trying to tell me that it is impossible to use Global Data only without using VZW Global Calling.

I want to use another sim card but use VZW data...

Is this possible?
    05-20-09 10:23 AM
    Well I just called to setup global data only with no problems. I'm going to Mexico for 4 days and he set it up for those days only. It will revert back to my regular data plan afterwards. I plan to buy a Sim there for calls. Just try calling again.
    05-20-09 10:59 AM
    why bother, it is not that expensive for the few days of use and you stand a high chance of getting ripped off . just go with VZW, it is really not worth the headaches to do otherwise.
    05-20-09 03:31 PM
    global calling doesnt cost anything if you dont use any minutes unless you get the value plan, which costs $5/month.

if you want to get a sim for local calls, you just switch over to the GSM radio only and don't make calls. the thing is you won't be able to have vzw data and gsm voice at once, you'll have to manually switch back and forth as needed.

sim cards generally cost $20-30+, so if you're not planning to use more than id say 20-40 minutes (depending on the cost per minute), it might just be better to use vzw for both voice and data.
    05-20-09 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD